AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

I was just about to say CAD, that photo looks too perfect when you first glance.

Had no idea about that anodising, very strange.  Is it not possible to anodise something a more drab tactical colour (other than black of course)?  Seems really odd to do that and then paint over.

My knowledge about anodization (not that big) make me guessing some basic colors are pretty easy to achieve in the process, but if You want to do it some other way, that's where problems start. What's more I am pretty sure anodization (if possible) is a preperation stage before powder coating...

But do You know what's odd even more ? Black JP Rifles MB receivers are anodized black and it's quite natural, .byt this one was anodized... You say "green" - but no - it was colorless. So perhaps You might think that forend mount was anodized the same way ? Awwww, You missed again. It was anodized black :D. So that's what I could stick together after paint removal:

8435568657_7d511c0221_b.jpg

It was a daylight shot, so it looks better. Yeah I know, this purple background again :D. I promise to change it ;), but in fact I like it - apart from its noticable texture.

Edited by MRF
  • Like 1
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

original.jpg

original.jpg

Still messing around with the 14" upper...swapped the barrel to a newer one, installed Vipertech Hop-up and Promy inner barrel, Got a LT660 for the T1(transplanted from the AK, the AK is getting a cheaper T1...lol), changed the handstop to Larue one...currently also waiting for another T1 clone(Primary Arms) for the shorter upper and I might sell the Irondot...Also still waiting for my Dropwing mount for the E2D to get here....Still tempted to switch the BUIS on the long upper to RS ones, the G&P one on there seems out of place IMO...

Edited by RacingManiac
  • Like 3

Awesome!

I guess you're gonna put an ACE stock on it, maybe?

Well, not me, because my mate will finish this build for his own, but from what I know it will be done using Magpul DE furniture with SPR stock. I've never liked JP Rifles accesories and forends, but... I guess Cerakote used to change a game :D.

I guess I very slowly become  "uncertified and unofficial Cerakote applicator" for Central/Eastern Europe LOL.
Almost finished - I have to do some tiny corrections in a few areas ;). I have to say I love this paint. It has amazing ability to cover painting surface and it's a real pleasure to run an airbrush with it inside. All You need to do is mixing paint and its hardener in appropriate proportion...

8445815494_7f0f81af3e_b.jpg

8445814008_e7c293b05a_b.jpg

Edited by MRF
  • Like 1

64901_3963682944910_1978698476_n.jpg

Simple WOC with an Ino bolt, been running just over two years with few hiccups (none that weren't human error, such as storing for a season cocked).
Only things it really needs are an SRS, a RSA sling adapter and an Inforce WML up front.

Big fan of the Rhino sights, to the point where they've replaced MBUs. Had no idea the three dots glowed in the dark until getting caught in the dark with them.

The stock and AFG were initially black and are starting to wear down, duracoat FDE seems a good idea.

Edited by PreacherMan
  • Like 3