AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

Posted Images

The SF can has a nub that interfaces with the groove on the bottom of the 556K brake and that keeps the can indexed correctly. Once slotted on, the can's rear locking collar/ring rotates and pushes 4 bearings into the can's inner cavity. When mounted on the 556K, those bearings in the SF can are supposed to lock into the holes on the 556K.

On the two I did the nub tapers down at the bottom so realy the peg in the can will stop short due to this. It's not a problem though as you can see how far mine slid on. Yes it should lock into the two ported holes and I'm going to see if it actually will if I take out the two bottom bearings. Never thought of it before but the seem to line up, you can feel them catch. If it does then it's more simple of a job than ever and all you would have to do is remove two bearings. Again the two mb556k breaks ive had we're the angel custom one from evike and the crusader version which Is the one seen in my pics just painted and burned. The evike one was a dream to mod cause it was pretty soft aluminum and was simple to do. haven't touched the new one but from a magnet test it's steel. Idk if the dimensions change between them but the crusader is definatly made better.

Annnd because it's a at pic thread and this pertains to what we are talking about here's a shot from doing drills in the snow, note the flash hider on there is the original one for the madbul sf can, you can kinda see the cut out for the peg in the can on the bottom side.

P1281904_zpsdd51d3e3.jpg

Edited by -wigs-

Interesting. So I took a closer look at the DYTac 556K brake and the Madbull SF Mini can ...

sfminiw556ka.jpg

sfminiw556kb.jpg

sfminiw556kc.jpg

So as -wigs- pointed out the only way to get the Madbull SF Mini Can to lock into the 556K brake, I'll need to elongate the bottom groove under the 556K brake and cut a groove around the circumference of the 556K brake so that the Mini Can's bearings can lock into the brake.

Ladies and Gentlemen!

May I present you my SWAT M16A2 GBB Build. Probably something you never seen before  B)

q6yg3ge4.jpg

RS Colt Grip & RS Colt A2 Stock. Also many more real Colt parts. I also have a standard Colt A2 Handguard optional.

p87jq6bx.jpg

Here you can see the ACOG is mounted a step more backward. I prefer this one.

3h3ltvq5.jpg

t3zx8w6y.jpg

Trijicon ACOG 4x32 TA01LAW for the M16 – LAPD Reticle with TA57 Tenebraex killFLASH Anti-Reflection Device & TA35 Rubber Eyepiece

This optic comes without the bullet drop compensator. Ready for any barrel length! The most underdog ACOG available  :)

6myntyku.jpg

RS Colt A2 Upper and Prime A2 Burst CNC Lower Receiver

unqjln8b.jpg

RS SureFire Model M511B Magnum Light

muvetqf5.jpg

b9ubszsy.jpg

cheers

orb

• Like 6

Excellent.  Thanks for those links.  I never think to check KIC for some reason.

No problem, I'm a big KIC fan, the owner is knowledgeable and replies quickly and efficiently to emails, plus his store seems underused, probably because of the way you have to order and the language it's in, but this means there are often some hard to find/discontinued/out of stock items left there.

Didn't really want to start a new thread, but what's the light blue marker a lot of people use for the "issue number" mark? Not even sure what to google as I just kept getting normal markers... thanks!

I use these industrial paint markers for index marks and when I want super-permanent:

http://www.cultpens.com/acatalog/Pilot_Paint_Marker.html#a1722

And these poster paint ones when I write on my kit:

http://www.cultpens.com/acatalog/Uni_POSCA_PC-3M.html

Of the latter, sky blue comes up best for me :)

Interesting. So I took a closer look at the DYTac 556K brake and the Madbull SF Mini can ...

sfminiw556ka.jpg

sfminiw556kb.jpg

sfminiw556kc.jpg

So as -wigs- pointed out the only way to get the Madbull SF Mini Can to lock into the 556K brake, I'll need to elongate the bottom groove under the 556K brake and cut a groove around the circumference of the 556K brake so that the Mini Can's bearings can lock into the brake.

Exactly, I've found that the little grey stone/cone shaped dremel bits worked best. The tip is the perfect width for the groove and realy easy to use for the fine curve/ lengthening the slot for the peg.

On my mk18 lm4 the outer is just shy of the ris (i need a 1inch ccw to ccw extdnsion :(..)so the bottom of the break is hidden. If you run it like that the you could just make the ring for the bearings.

Edited by -wigs-

Hey guys I was wondering if someone cold help me. I am looking for an optic magnifier like the one below. I doesnt have to be the exact model, but it must have the same look and ability to fold to the side. I would rather not start a new topic, and I know at least someone ith an M4 had one mounted on their gun.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/eotech-gen-3-magnifier-with-flip-to-side-mount-g23-fts.html

Still very much a work in progress, but I felt I should document it at it's current standing (hence the mediocre indoor pics). I still need to sort the optic/weaponlight, but that requires cash money I don't have at the moment. Aiming to have it/my kit up and running by April/May.

Brought it back in May, got it assembled by the end of 'summer' and immediately painted it (PIC). However I was never really happy with how that turned out. After much research I finally got round to stripping it. I now absolutely *fruitcage* love it.

1_zps6ec1c7b6.jpg

2_zps4c8f6267.jpg

3_zpsd404743b.jpg

4_zps00b9c8eb.jpg

5_zps60f1e798.jpg

Systema PTW 2012 Max CQB-R (Tackleberry’d, LiPo’d)

Magpul MOE Grip

Magpul CTR Stock (FDE)

Magpul Trigger Guard

Magpul ASAP Sling Plate

KAC RIS

KAC VFG

VFC KAC Micro 200-600 Flip-Up Rear Sight

VFC PEQ-15 (Tan)

Edited by Blackjack13
  • Like 3