AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

A better taken pic at a game today

457764D7-55EC-4F8F-A17E-4F8E35FEB43F-871

I'm done with my mk18 build

External:

Kwa lm4

Shortened outer and inner

Madbull dd mk18 ris II

Rs magpul moe stock

Rs bcm gunfighter grip (stippled)

Xtm panels (stippled)

Afg2

Vfc working peq15

Aim micro t1 on qd high mount

Mb556k

Vfc kac buis

NE mini scout light on gs offset mount

NE sf dual switch for Peq and light

Internal:

RAT tbb cut to cqb length

Guarder bucking

RAT v.3 recoil kit

Bolt catch mod

Polished feed ramp and a few other polished things.

All wrapped up with a good ole paint job

• Like 2

Not realy, it was honestly one of the first things I did when I took her all apart. I did polish the inside of the upper where the bolt rides and it's definatly smoother, plus I can use less lube.

I will say I had a few double feed issues resulting from the way I originally went about fixing my receiver wobble, hasn't happened since I did away with the tap and stuck a earplug under the rear takedown pin

Edited by -wigs-

Yeah I did that to my old AGM (ah.. memories) and one of my WOCs.  Will do the same on the LM4.

*fruitcage* knows why they paint inside there, it does nothing positive at all.  Just gradually flakes off during use which mixes with your lubricant.  Does nothing but create an awkward job for the end user.

I had to polish my ramp on the HK45 to prevent it from jamming. Seems to have been an issue for others too, I told them to do the same and it also fixed their issues. I polished my ramp after I noticed the paint chipping away right under the lip, the BB shouldn't even be touching that area so if the paint is chipping there than that means BBs are probably hitting it.

Edited by akiraspeedstar

Yeah - it came up on arf.com, too. The guy who posted that pic is the one holding the M4. I forget if it was ever answered, but I have the URL if you want to look through the thread, MRF?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/408319_MK18___CQBR___Varients_and_Clones_Thread_Part_2.html

Edited by The Reptile House