AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

I'll get some proper pictures once the build is actually complete, but here's a pic someone got of me on Sunday with my new WE M4;

7b0a6a3b-851e-47bf-bd10-94e62d1396c0.jpg

It was overhopping .3's out the box, so I put some .4's in it... I actually feel guilty about the performance, it wipes the floor with nigh on everything running Madbull .40's, the range is ludicrous. The Eotech is getting replaced with a Recce scope as a result once I can afford it.

The WE barrel nut is unfortunately not R/S spec on the teeth, so the rail is clamped down on some electrical tape... Bah. Anyone got a good recommendation for a US retailer that'll ship me a bog standard AR barrel nut? There's one on Brownells for $10, but all the reviews are stating the teeth break; Saying that, not sure I'll need 32ft/lbs of torque on a toy gun...

Edited by hwagan
  • Like 3

lmfao. a sombrero. Thats one way to do it. 

Nothing says "1337 0P3RA70R" like a tactical sombrero. 

My thoughts exactly, plus the sun definitely won't get in my eyes right?

Hwagan, that sombrero de Mariachi really suits you, specially rocking those spanish flag colours ;)

I have long harboured dreams of being part of a Mariachi band. :P

And some decent shot of Alien Airsoft mk18 rail color - in rainy day light.
8947866032_bebbb6729a_b.jpg

And how is Cerakote deep matt finish wearing... (including missed shot on front pin - I still wonder how did I do this ;) )
8947238603_943a05462e_b.jpg

Edited by MRF
  • Like 2

Glad You like it.
Problem is, I have no other guns to use the rest of this paint ;).
And for something completely different, custom laser markings left to be done on my ACM Troy sights.

What am I going to do next ?! :huh:

:D

I'll get some proper pictures once the build is actually complete, but here's a pic someone got of me on Sunday with my new WE M4;

It was overhopping .3's out the box, so I put some .4's in it... I actually feel guilty about the performance, it wipes the floor with nigh on everything running Madbull .40's, the range is ludicrous. The Eotech is getting replaced with a Recce scope as a result once I can afford it.

The WE barrel nut is unfortunately not R/S spec on the teeth, so the rail is clamped down on some electrical tape... Bah. Anyone got a good recommendation for a US retailer that'll ship me a bog standard AR barrel nut? There's one on Brownells for $10, but all the reviews are stating the teeth break; Saying that, not sure I'll need 32ft/lbs of torque on a toy gun...

Try chronoing it with those 0,40's, maybe there's a good reason you feel guilty... ;)

Edited by jal3

Try chronoing it with those 0,40's, maybe there's a good reason you feel guilty... ;)

Well the NPAS was set to 320 on a .2; I figured that should be low enough to keep a .4 under 1.3J, although if I'm wrong I can dial it down a touch.

Still, even if I am poking slightly above, I don't feel guilty about it - My site is very much a hicap fest; When I'm hit, it's by a 15 round burst of .2's at 350FPS, often at reasonably close range; When I hit someone, it's 1 or 2 .4's at around 280FPS (by my rough estimation) - Fair enough they sting a little, but I know the burst of .2's stings a lot more! I'm also very careful if I'm likely to hit someone close up and I'll aim for a PC/Webbing/Loose clothing, or switch to a sidearm.

Why switching to a sidearm? power level on your sidearm must be pretty much the same as in your AR... 

Out of politeness more than anything - I imagine my AR doesn't put out significantly more than 1.3J with a .4, but a .4 up close frikkin' hurts even at a reasonable velocity! There's also the fact the close up areas of my site are pretty much all bushes and foliage and spindly tree branches, so moving with a sidearm is a lot easier.

Took this one out for a spin on Sunday:

72271f398690a35a7ca1900b464357b5_zps61b0

904bb047f551e27e43900bebcc35055e_zps2e70

Parts List:

Dytac Mil Profile outer barrel*
Daniel Defense RIS II
Troy front Battle Sight
Magpul MOE RVG
Madbull low profile gas block*
Prime Colt upper receiver*
Aimpoint Micro T1 2MOA and QD mount
FCC T1 protector
Tactical Optician sacrificial lens
Matech rear sight
BCM Gun Fighter charging handle
Prime Colt lower*
FCC BAD *albatross* fire selector (short lever)*
FCC Wilson Combat trigger*
LMT mil spec buffer tube
LMT castle nut
CQD receiver end plate
Magpul mil spec CTR
PPTW UID tag*

*Repro

• Like 1

Oh, I understand, im not so polite so I use the same ammo on both my primary and secondary guns, 0.28g.

Maybe you are, I run .3's in my pistol ;)

Also, TRH - Such a nice gun, and an A2 pistol grip? You're either masochistic or going for a specific look :P

• Like 1

Maybe you are, I run .3's in my pistol ;)

Also, TRH - Such a nice gun, and an A2 pistol grip? You're either masochistic or going for a specific look :P

:D I run them on all my guns and put up with a hurty ring finger. I've tried a few grips in the past and always come back to the A2 - but I'm going to try the TD grip again, just to be sure...

Edited by The Reptile House

:D I run them on all my guns and put up with a hurty ring finger. I've tried a few grips in the past and always come back to the A2 - but I'm going to try the TD grip again, just to be sure...

I really can't deal with it at all! Had to use one on Sunday as my MOE grip needed a hole drilling for my WE M4, I honestly hate nothing more! :P Why not an A1 grip? I find they're absolutely fine when the ridge isn't there, and they obviously look nigh on the same.

And Isamu - Unlucky man :( At least your ammo isn't as expensive though right? heh.

• Like 1