AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Yeah I could never stand the a2 nub, was the first thing I did to my lm4 out of the box. Leon if your looking for a very comfy grip for a gbbr try out the bcm gunfighter grip. I dont even use an aeg anymore but if I did I would be hard pressed to find a comfy grip I would use. the closet thing is the newer 416 grip and I've been told it doesn't work on reg m4s for some reason. Even then it's got that dreaded nub.

Edited by -wigs-

I think you should chrono your gas rifle instead of guessing. I've seen WE rifles straight up doubling energy from 0,20 to 0,40.
 And double again from 0,40 to 0,87....

Then again, it's more the sites fault than yours. This is what they get when they chrono with 0,20 rather than the BB weight used. Maybe some more abuse is good, it might initiate some changes in how brit sites chrono.

And Isamu - Unlucky man :( At least your ammo isn't as expensive though right? heh.

Well, I dont know how much is your ammo, mine is the cheapest bio I could find and were like 17€ 5k rounds, not the best, not the worst, but fine for my trigger happy finguer... as a side note, G&G bios 0.28g ae retailed at 24€ 3250rds

I think you should chrono your gas rifle instead of guessing. I've seen WE rifles straight up doubling energy from 0,20 to 0,40.

And double again from 0,40 to 0,87....

Then again, it's more the sites fault than yours. This is what they get when they chrono with 0,20 rather than the BB weight used. Maybe some more abuse is good, it might initiate some changes in how brit sites chrono.

I did once have an incident with my WOC firing a .3 and taking someone's tooth out; I rechrono'd with .2's and .3's at the Marshall's request, and the J level on .2's at 355FPS came up as 1.29J, and .3's at 332 read 1.34J, so right on the limit. I'd like to chrono with a .4 to find the J rating, but as you say - UK sites are the issue when it comes to chrono methods.

I don't try and deliberately trick the chrono, and I'll always mention that I'm using .3's or .4's on the day after chrono'ing with .2's - But other than the above incident, I've never once had a hot gun complaint made against me; There's also the fact that using a GBBR, you need any advantage you can get, and if the site's methods allow me a little more range, and I use that advantage sensibly (switching to sidearm up close, being careful of where I'm hitting people where possible) then I don't feel too bad about that.

Like I said - I'd rather take a .4 at 1.5J at close range than 10 .2's at 1.35J in rapid succession :P

Power creep is significantly more noticeable with GBB guns versus AEGS.

Not sure how that relates to my post. I'm saying the energy of the gun isn't the full determination on if a tooth is knocked out or not.

Recon Rifle finished except for bolt release:

scoutrifle_zpsb0e489ed.jpg

CA M4. King Arms Front end. Magpul XTM hand stop kit. Ergo Grip rail ladders. Gear Section G2X mount. Surefire G2X. ACM CTR stock. Hammers x1-4. VTAC sling. PTS TMAG.

Not sure how that relates to my post. I'm saying the energy of the gun isn't the full determination on if a tooth is knocked out or not.

Yeah it was kinda non related sorry :P

Anyway:

Another M4. Yay. 

IMG_20130606_091318_647_zps3e9c9bad.jpg

IMG_20130606_091349_386_zpsfbf3c2cc.jpg

TM M4 with a Patriot kit and a boxmag. 

Total CQB destruction gun :)

It is for sale :)

(Edit: as per Hwagan's advice)

It is for napalm testing. 

Edited by hawaiianjuggernaut
  • Like 1

You used a TM to make a stubby M4, and it has a box magazine, and you use it in CQB? I think we've arrived at trollergeddon. :P

Trollergeddon. LMAO. That's a new term. Will add that to my dictionary along with "killy"

And, lol, I wouldnt use the boxmag in CQB. WAY too heavy :P

Probably magpul midcaps +1 flashmag :)

• Like 2

Anyway:

Another M4. Yay.

Snip

Snap

TM M4 with a Patriot kit and a boxmag.

Total CQB destruction gun :)

(Edit: as per Hwagan's advice)

It is for napalm testing.

I'd happily boot you in the Wazoo if you didn't turn up in a Superman Costume or something else that stands out twice as much! :P

Saying that a Troy Battle Axe Stock on their and a different otpic and rail you could be onto a True Trolling path!

• Like 2

Some goodies arrived today ^_^

Not a complete AR15, nothing special too but I'm too excited about my new project build. So glad I went with the MB NSR over the Dytac URX. Can't believe how narrow a profile and lightweight it is!

IIeqpCn.jpg

Edited by bOp
  • Like 4

I'd happily boot you in the Wazoo if you didn't turn up in a Superman Costume or something else that stands out twice as much! :P

Saying that a Troy Battle Axe Stock on their and a different otpic and rail you could be onto a True Trolling path!

You know I have a superman costume right?