AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Story of my life :P Strangely enough the RX30 is about my favourite dot sight; How much do they tend to go for these days?

About US$570 (seen them as low as $550), Amazon USA were selling one with an A.R.M.S mount for about $650, don't know if they still doing it.

Edit - QDR got there first  :D

Edited by bladerunner168

Only a mere $575 with an appropriate QD mount. Itd go well with my RMR and TR24.

My name is Rob and I have a problem. :)

About US$570 (seen them as low as $550), Amazon USA were selling one with an A.R.M.S mount for about $650, don't know if they still doing it.

Edit - QDR got there first  :D

Well *fruitcage*. I thought being reasonably old they'd be cheaper... Oh well, G&P Aimpoint will have to do for now :(

I cant justify paying that much for a sight. Half the time I look just over it anyway so they are just really for show. Plus for that kinda cash you could get another gun!!

What a sport hey..

See this is a common thing that comes up - I use my dot sight, I've got it zeroed accurately, and I actively aim with it. I've gone through probably 20 G&P or other brand replica optics, which is probably close to £800 spent on toy optics which I've then sold on or have broken.

£400 would have bought me an R/S Eotech and a lens protector, which would still be with me today. So really, because of cheaping out with replica optics, I've actually away £400...

• Like 5

Buy nice, or buy twice :)

I like that better than buy once cry once!

Well since today is so lively and Ive mostly been posting , heres a little something I drew up a month or so ago. Its a response to my receiver extensions that are a pain the *albatross* to install given one needs a long screw driver and needs the screw inside to align with the spring guide AND has to manage a wire inside the tube without destroying or otherwise pinching it. Then the LiPo has to share the tube with said wire leaving the connectors dangling out the back.

In a nutshell, its a QD receiver extension that allows for quick insertion of a LiPo battery, secure LiPo placement, wire protection and hopefully quick access to a PCB that shows the voltage when the outer tube is removed. The otherwise decorative castle nut serves as the lock in the QD mechanism.

jm59.jpg

sznm.jpg

vw0e.jpg

8ivu.jpg

Just food for thought! I really wish I had a mill :)

• Like 2

Just food for thought! I really wish I had a mill :)

So do I, and I imagine so does everyone else with an Airsoft AR AEG ever. Shapeways perhaps?

Hell, failing that, suggest it to a manufacturer, Madbull would be my recommendation - That's a fantastic idea, looks very well executed, and NEEDS to be made.

• Like 1

those paralax rail systems are pretty badass. i do not own one, but from what i have seen; they are extremely light weight, extremely tough (saw a video of someone wacking one with a hammer without so much as a blemish to the finish) and are very thin (if you like that sort of thing). if i could be convinced to build a real AR, that would be the rail system i want on it.

• Like 1

Partially correct!  It's one of the extremely rare WE M4 GBBR China Doll lowers that I had Cerakoted in Burnt Bronze.

BTW - I see Your Diplomat build pictures on WE FB page quite often and I have to say I like it a lot.

BTW - I see Your Diplomat build pictures on WE FB page quite often and I have to say I like it a lot.

Thanks mate!  I've posted it here a few times, but with little response so I figured it wasn't what people were interested in.  I need to snap a few more pictures and put them here I guess.

Rare? I've never even heard of WE versions - I thought it was just WA!

Same here!  When my guy told me he had one for WE, I was very skeptical, but it turned out to be perfect!

Thanks mate!  I've posted it here a few times, but with little response so I figured it wasn't what people were interested in.  I need to snap a few more pictures and put them here I guess.

Well, it is just very nice. ATACS custom spray job You did looks very attractive. And wears very attractive ;).

And a word about Parallax Tactical rail - I believe it will fit visually to this Magpul lower very well, because of it's clear, sharp geometry. I don't know what upper do You intend to use for this build, but VLTOR would be the best choice I think. If any variant for WE exists.