AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

To take one of TheReptileHouse's phrases; my CivMil build. I built this (or more had it built as I don't do technical) as a sort of civilian free build, but with heavy 'Mil.' influence. In short it's basically an updated Block1.5 build with a healthy dose of FDE Magpul. Although this never actually got 100% completed I feel I should document it now before it gets sent off to Project PTW for it's transformation.

flip_zps0ea75225.png

Systema PTW CQB-R Max 2012
*Full works courtesy of Tackleberry

Knights Armament Co. RAS
Knights Armament Co. Vertical Foregrip
Magpul MOE Grip/Trigger Guard
Magpul CTR
Tackleberry's Magpul PMags
PTS Magpul ASAP

HurricanE EOtech 553
VFC PEQ-15
VFC KAC Micro 600m Flip-Up BUIS
Blue Force Gear Padded VCAS (Multicam) w/ BFG 1" Sling Swivel
CQD Forward Sling Mount

- Originally I ran this with a rig-mounted single-point sling, hence the ASAP, however I switched it up to the BFG which I prefer stock mounted.
- I wasn't a fan of the VCAS with HK Hooks, hence why it's simply wrapped around the forward sling mount. Not how it's intended to be used, but it works.
- It was painted but I didn't like how it turned it back so stripped it. Then the lighting in these photos turned it blue.

• Like 2
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

I owned a real one for approximately two weeks. Im pretty sure if I went to an airsoft event in that time, I would have a black eye in the first hour :) That said, Im tempted to try a totally legit Chinese version!

Also, beautiful blaster! Kinda goes without saying nowadays.

ETA - Before anyone jumps on me, I know military personnel have used the ACOG successfully for many years! Its totally me. Accupoint is a better fit and personally an all around better optic! Though it may not take a bullet...

On a real gun, different optics for different circumstances? If I 3-gun, I want a variable power to switch from short to long very quickly (this is the feature that I think is nice on the real Specter). It would be faster if my irons are off set for short range...I don't, so I use a NF Navspec Recon scope with a Cat-Tail so I can quickly move from 2.5 to 4 power (or even as high as 10 power if I need to)...would be difficult for me to do that with an ACOG.

Hmmm nearly a full Diplomat that one  :)

Hm I literally had no idea..! What a coincidence. I only choose the imod because I liked it over the MOE stock it came with. I do have a KX3 somewhere as well. :) Well, as if I needed another reason to love my M4 even more... haha 

Thank you. ^^

Welcome to the club Wilde! Your bank account should be terrified ;) And Jimmypie, I'm not normally a big fan of Mk18's but the attention to detail on yours is nuts, really nice build.

Also, updated the MRP a little for an upcoming night game, and sprayed the barrel with Plastikote to prevent the rust:

MRPK1.jpg

MRPK4.jpg

MRPK3.jpg

MRPK2.jpg

Amazingly, I haven't even needed to touch the hop on this - Admittedly it requires taking the barrel assembly out to adjust, but now it's set it's kicking .3's out on an exceptionally nice trajectory.

Edited by hwagan
  • Like 2

Ha ha, it's a Novel Arms Tac-One, copy of the Night Force 1.5-4 , with a home brew MRDS added (ACOG specific, shimmed,drilled and tapped for a solid fit)

And not for sale, really liking it :)

Hwagan, not looking too shabby yourself :)

I'm just ashamed that I'm photographing a thousand pound gun with an Iphone camera... Really need to get some proper shots of it at some point!

Here's my M4 as it currently stands.

It started life as a VFC SR-16E3 but I changed the URXII rail for a Troy TRX(13in) and therefore added a 2in barrel extension. Beyond that, the external parts are self explanatory but if someone wants a list, I'll write one up.

DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

• Like 6

Ok guys, I am going to go ahead and sound like the biggest FNG ever here, but I gotta ask...

I just won a Cybergun Colt M4A1 in a raffle. Now I know it is a crappy gun, but, I am looking to do some upgrading to her. First off, is it possible for me to change out the upper for a different one, to give it more of the SOPMOD look? Secondly, how difficult is it to change out stocks on these platforms? I am more familiar with SCARs, so I am sorry for being so noob