AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

It changed by performing reconstruction of these this time.
When the weight of a bolt or a buffer decreased, recoil decreased for a while.

However, reaction came to enter keenly by having shortened the buffer and the bolt.
In addition, change does not have the amount of retreat of a bolt, and it decreases also in reaction and it becomes easy to control it.

Compared with a pure state, they are a little whether a discharge cycle is equivalent and the impression which went up.
However, it is necessary to increase the number of times of discharge from now on, and to see progress.

For MRF...

Thanks Mate :).

A lot... better :D. SMR is a really nice looking rail. I definitely can't afford a real one, but I think I should check what Dytac does about Geissele rail series...

Now, to complete the look and feel, You should figure out how to make this FH looking worn a bit...

Edited by MRF
  • Like 1

@Leon

I was in a similar predicament as you a few months ago - I do my best to make sure parts really fit together. I dont know details about your budget or resources but plan C is ~$40 and 10-60 minutes of work depending on your tools. IMHO given the level of personal detail in your AEG, this could be right up your alley. That or Im just nuts.

Anywho... Get an appropriately sized Madbull Daniel Defense barrel, sold by other retailers simply as Madbull adjustable barrels, that is made up of two parts. The first part is the portion that goes into the upper receiver and is held in place by the barrel nut. The second portion is the 90% of the barrel that fits in the former and is held by *very* tight tolerances and a set screw. The beauty of this is you can cut up to 4" off the barrel (varies by barrel) at the receiver end making any marks invisible after the barrel is re-assembled. You even have about 8mm of play in there to make some conservative cuts. Its an easy process if you have a compound saw or band saw. Probably going more towards the 60 minute estimate if you go at it with a handsaw or dremmel.

TL;DR: Pick the rail that suits you and your play style better, get a barrel that is one size bigger, then chop it the *fruitcage* back down.

Pics after appeasing my CDO:

l0xa.jpg

g37z.jpg

igb5.jpg

Toodles :)

Could you tell what make your silencer is, please? :)

I apologies for cluttering up this beautiful thread with my idiocy , but if anyone would like to inform me how to make a photo appear like all the big boys have done from photobucket it would be much appreciated. Ta.

post-79898-0-20297500-1379880984_thumb.jpg

post-79898-0-41591100-1379881002_thumb.jpg

post-79898-0-36927900-1379881135_thumb.jpg

Edited by northernairsofter

It's a madbull surefire can, or a repro.

Funny enough it's one of the only ones that fit perfect on my mk18 as well Before I sold it.

I realy want another mini.

CF35D415-48BD-46A6-9CFD-AC904C9D64A4-378

The Madbull ones are still available at some place?

I like what you did with the VFG and XTM kit, I had something similar in mind. Did the XTM made it much comfortable?

• Like 1

...but - seriously - I have no idea if it's possible to find some way to replicate residue from gun powder gases...

Just off the top of my head you could try putting on a bit of talc then sealing it with some clear sealant spray.

• Like 1