AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

yep, built from the CQBR version..

It's lovely in the hands, but annoyingly it didnt come with any rail attachments.. 

Also, I've found that a hard twist or knock and it tends to twist slightly off level..

Other than that, it's leaps and bounds ahead of the clunky ris rail i had on there before hand...

Edited by hardboiledcop
  • Like 1

What make is the rail and how was it to fit, did you need to shim it at all ?

It looks very nice BTW I'm on my 2nd conversion of a recoil the block 2 rail went on ok but there were a few issues with the MK18 both Madbull.

Edited by Pdubyuh

No photography hi-art here, but I just want to show and recommend ACM copies of iCover for Micro T1. I have to admit that this little piece of rubber along with LaRue Index Clips copies are the best airsoft bits I bought within last dozen or so months... Specially when we consider their prices - around 10$ for each accesory, with shipping cost included.
11857913064_fd3b485d18_b.jpg

11857463435_f66185c4a5_b.jpg

• Like 2

BTW - please note, that there are some inaccurate T1 copies in circulation, which are about 7-8 milimeters longer than real T1, and this cover won't fit them to well. It's possible to put in place, but I've seen some picture of this, and cover was very stretched what may cause its damaging, most likely this thin piece of rubber under battery compartment will break fast.

Thanks.
I like this blaster too :devil: , and I like it a lot, even despite the fact my apetite for realism and quality of replicas grew much more since I've started to play airsoft.
Actually I believe that apart from unrealistic manipulation, and those few milimeters more here and there, AEG M4 may be almost as much attractive looking, as GBB rifle, or PTW. But "CERAKOTE" is the keyword here ;). Of course some reasonable parts selection is important too.
Right now I am seriously meditating about PTS MKM... Although I have no intention for cerakoting things here ;).

Edited by MRF