AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Yeah, I ground down the handstop to get it on there. Bit of hassle but nice.

I'll look at a dropwing too. May work better when it goes on my 416.

11inch tube btw

I was thinking 11 but I didn't want to go out on a wing with it ha.

Last shot I took of my LM4 before it all got taken to bits (again) to get stuff done.

12843741615_21325c0cb1_b.jpg

• Like 2

Custom Colt M4 Carbine (RO727) GBB

11at3cmwgl2.jpg:

20plo76u2va.jpg

3lx327t0jyn.jpg

4xf2gt1zm40.jpg

RS Colt M727 Upper (M4 Marked):

5ud58o9xgvy.jpg

Specs:

Bomber M733 Lower Receiver (Aluminum 6063) (CNC Process)
G&P WA Parts: Hammer Set (WP11), M4 Steel Sear (WP33), M4 Bearing Hammer Pin Set (WP34), M4 Hammer Lock (WP57), M4 CNC Trigger Guard, Steel Bolt Stop (WP51), Steel Magazine Catch, Steel Selector (WP69), M4 Steel Trigger (WP84) & Buttstock Speed Buffer (WP95)
Inokatsu M4 Super Bolt (Steel) 2010 Version
VIPER TECH Parts: M4A1 14.5 inch Heavy Steel GBB Outer Barrel & M16A2 Style Front Sight Set (0.75 Inch Ring)
Iron Airsoft 1003k WA Stain Hop Up Round
RA-TECH Recoil Spring (Summer Type)
Prime M4 Metal Hop Up Chamber Set (Marui version)
Madbull Parts: 6.03mm Black Python Ver.2 Tight Bore Barrel (363mm) & X spacer
Prometheus Air Seal Chamber Packing (Soft Type)
Real Parts: Delta Ring Set, Barrel Nut, Gas Tube - Carbine Length & Handguard Cap Round (Notched)
Bushmaster A2 Carbine Length Handguards
Colt Parts: AR15/M4A2 Upper Receiver with M4 Feed Ramps, AR15/M16 Charging Handle Assembly, AR15/M16A2 Flash Hider with Peel Off Washer, AR15/M16A2 Pistol Grip, A2 Carbine Handguard & Military Fiberlite Stock with early 2 Position Stock Pipe, H Buffer & Sling Swivel
Flashlight: SureFire Model 660 Tactical Light
Optic: Aimpoint Comp M2 4MOA Sight (2000) with KillFlash A.R.D. & A.R.M.S. #16A Aimpoint M16 A1/A2 Carry Handle Mount
Pro Win GI 30 Style 51 Rounds Magazine For WA-Compatible GBB M4 Series (Gen 2)

cheers

orb

Edited by oRb
  • Like 4

Random musing... Geissele.

Guy-Sell or Jih-Zell? Actually pronounced by their SHOT employees "Guys-Lee" - not even in my list of guesses.

Mkay back to work.

Well that would have been my last guess, but good to know!

So my poor, unloved TM SOCOMs have been languishing in the armoury for years now without any changes and I decided it was time to bring them up to speed so they won't feel like fat, heavy, obsolete bricks when I actually go to skirmish with them.  Spent all of today working and I'm maybe 30-40% done overhauling the lot, another day or two's work and a couple more bits to arrive (should be here within a few days, fingers crossed) and they'll be sorted.  So here's the 'before' shots.

13045367814_71b49d6915_b.jpg

13045343784_d21053f5f5_b.jpg

I did begin to work on the 14.5" gun a little while back since it used to sport a CASV and that just didn't suit me at all ergonomically now I'm used to the MI Gen 2 SS Tube on my LM4.  But I realised the black MOE handguards would basically result in a gun that looked exactly like a KWA ERG.  While that's certainly not an ugly gun, I didn't want to put in all that time and money to end up with a rifle that looked just the same as one someone else had just pulled out of the box.

Edited by CKinnerley

Not sure. It's been cut or it's just shorter RS version of this handguard.
EDIT: And BTW - interesting thing - PTS trades disappeared from lower receiver. D@mn, this thing looks great.

Edited by MRF

Had a look at the guys' facebook account, definitely got access to some serious tooling.

• Chopped down handguard
  • Added ports and laser engraved the bolt carrier
  • Added BAD-*albatross* ambi selectors and markings on the right side

Presumably also cut down and threaded the barrel, looks to be a RS QD 1-pt plate added and either laser engraved or a RS dust cover.  Although seeing a USGI profile trigger in there seems like a step down in the aesthetics department, but that's being pretty picky.