KTcerberus

AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

Don't I know it. Not even your little black book can find one! :P Though once I did find one I'd then run into issues of finding a compatible upper receiver.. so I guess it's for the best! 

Been checking there for months.. for both the King Arms receiver and a JP Rifles upper receiver.. nout for either :( All I want is a spare JP rifles upper so I can build a secondary upper.. but as I can't find that spare upper I am having to change the whole receiver set :( such a PITA! 

What colour Cerakote is that?? Armor black or graphite black??

And any chance of a link to new kwa, as I'm lazy, thanks.

Graphite.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that's space black actually.  You can clearly tell it's not despair black and it's much too deep a black to be SAS-eyes black.  Defence-contractor-soul black is also a far more rich and lustrous hue.

• Like 9

Been checking there for months.. for both the King Arms receiver and a JP Rifles upper receiver.. nout for either :( All I want is a spare JP rifles upper so I can build a secondary upper.. but as I can't find that spare upper I am having to change the whole receiver set :( such a PITA! 

Are you looking for the AEG or GBBR versions of the JP and Larue receivers? As I know where to get the AEG JP receiver and where to get the GBBR Larue one

I genuinely agree 100%, I'm the same and having spent some time looking at a cerakote colour sample key fob thingy there are without doubt differences in the actual texture, reflectiveness, depth etc between different shades and if you're having something like that done (which costs a fair bit) you'd absolutely want the best product to suit your preferences and the gun build you're constructing.

• Like 1

Quick question, anyone have much experience with the big dragon aac suppressor?

Looking to get one for an upcoming mk18 and spr build

Friend has one and says the quality is really impressive, though as expected not as good as the PTS Model.

I have one quality is rather impressive; but as said by Akiraspeedstar not on par with the PTS model (so far been unable to buy one).

To bad they don't have a CW one :-( had to use a CW to CCW adapter for my PTW

Also they don't completely fill it with Foam; its just two pieces that are put in so its not completely filled ;-)

Edited by bn_

Gave my TM recoil some love this week with a Troy Battle Ax stock and a fresh coat of paint done by a team mate.

Previously didn't want to paint the optic due to using it for a couple of different rifles, but now I've sorted a sight for the other one, the short dot will probably stay on this and get a matching spray job.

Has come out a bit lighter in the images than in person mind.

YbVM1JF.jpg

5Icpgxs.jpg

Edited by Manxmadman
  • Like 1

I can not make up my mind, buy a ghk or a *suitcase* load of stuff and a we m4. I liked my old.m4 but idk I felt the need to try something else. Now I need to build this we m14 and wanted to buy another m4

+1 for GHK. I only went with WOC because the gun came with all the externals I wanted and I don't mind replacing parts every once in a while.

But GHK's cooldown and internal quality is unparalleled. Go GHK.

• Like 1

Farewell photo of this replica:
8947135565_48ac2af9f8_b.jpg

Its shell is for sale. (I hope mods won't kill me because of this little ad in picture thread...)

• Like 2

I slowly drift away from the hobby and at the same time I'm not a guy who can afford being ASG "collector".
I still have my block-ish II CQBR replica and it has to suffice.

+1 for GHK. I only went with WOC because the gun came with all the externals I wanted and I don't mind replacing parts every once in a while.

But GHK's cooldown and internal quality is unparalleled. Go GHK.

Still prefer the woc's personally, there performance on Pmags are amazing, steel parts are a must though, ghk while performance is slightly better just don't look as good IMO, the ra tech aac is not great so no real options to make them look good.