KTcerberus

AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

Long time no see ;).
Not a replica, so please, forgive me this little off-topic, but I believe this should be interested for many of us and will result in whole series of great replica pics ;) - Geissele Automatics with Daniel Defense wins contract for a new SOCOM upper receiver group, called URGI:
https://youtu.be/e0vFvE5ko3c?t=4584

Edited by MRF
  • Like 1

Selfmade Cerakote, after a four years of use... (as the flickr pic description says ;) ). Including Trigger. Actually this particular piece looks like if it was not used at all...
27991058099_1d0fb0cecc_b.jpg

Folks - why U no post AR pics? ;)

Edited by MRF

When you're all about that riser life.

Photo%205-2-2018%2019%2056%2056_zpssxp2t

Photo%205-2-2018%2019%2054%2032_zpshd0wb

Parts list:

- TM MWS M4 GBBR
- VFC DD RIS II FSP Rail

- VFC Steel Front Sight Post
- Z Parts Steel Govt Profile barrel
- DYTAC 4 Prong SF Flash Hider

- DYTAC SF RC SOCOM Suppressor (FDE)
- Element LA-5 (FDE)
- TangoDown Pistol Grip (Black)
- Unknown brand Ma-Tech Flip Up BUIS
- LaRue Tactical LT101 Riser

- EOTECH XPS2 (FDE)

Edited by intinerious

I tried using Imgur first but I got errors popping up whenever I tried using the Imgur link.  Any idea how I can fix it?

Imgur link for the images posted before:

https://imgur.com/uLezWyU

https://imgur.com/spsgX8G

Weird.  Imgur works OK for me. Just click copy on the BBCode link and it copies a pre tagged link for you.

8rDiGQo.jpg

jcqLqhC.jpg

tckU5Ew.jpgHE9dpLT.jpg

So I finally figured out how to use Imgur.  Apparently I can't just input the direct link onto the little window that pops up when I try attaching images to my post; I have to use the one that Imgur generates.  Was frustrating at first but now that I got the hang of it I don't need do deal with Photobucket anymore.

Parts List:
VFC HK416

VFC RAHG handguard

Big Dragon AAC M4-2000 Suppressor (new version with the proper QD lock mech shape) & AAC Blackout
FMA AAC Glass Breaker (note that they don't come with a rubber overmold for the suppressor so it's loose on the AAC, I shimmed the glass breaker with some folded paper)

Element LA-5
ACM Magpul RVG (will be swapping this to a real Magpul RVG as the mounting hardware interferes with the light...and the screws are too long)

Element Surefire M600B (direct attachment to the RAHG via screw and washer)

ACM EOTECH 551

LaRue Tactical LT101 Riser

Silver Lance Airsoft Hogue AEG Grip

FMA GG&G Buffer Tube Sling Plate

Magpul PTS CTR Stock

Edited by intinerious
  • Like 1

Is that LaRue Tactical LT101 Riser a replica or the real deal?

Its a real one. As far as I know, there’s no replica of the LT101 riser.....which is unfortunate as the real one is damn pricey.

• Like 1

Its a real one. As far as I know, there’s no replica of the LT101 riser.....which is unfortunate as the real one is damn pricey.

Ah what a shame... :(

Though I wouldn't be surprised if some airsoft company made a replica of it. It is getting more and more trendy on RS guns it seems.

"It's comfier", in short, and I agree :lol:

BTW,the new cloth and mesh masks are pretty good and won't interfere with "low" mounted optics. At least for me =)

Cloth masks don't work so well in Hong Kong....due to the heat and humidity :P (btw I PM'd you)

Ah what a shame... :(

Though I wouldn't be surprised if some airsoft company made a replica of it. It is getting more and more trendy on RS guns it seems.

I've asked some buddies of mine that do manufacturing, and surprisingly they said that the LaRue riser is actually cast, not billet CNC.  There are cast marks inside the skeletonized areas on the bottom of the riser.

I've also asked whether a billet CNC version can be produced (as I wanted to make a batch for myself and my friends) but apparently it can't be done :(

Since this is a pic thread I'll repost the ones that I had previously linked from photobucket:

spsgX8G.jpg

uLezWyU.jpg

• Like 2