AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Oof, been a few builds I should have put up but been busy busy busy:

36242425_2110727582479281_8131525173355436271699_2110727699145936_17301485005507

A seriously souped up build based on a Krytac SPR:
Krytac base:
– Midwest Ind. Gen3 Mlok 15″ rail
– Gate TITAN
– AAC 30K motor
– Seigetek 14:1 gears ss2
– CYMA FMR piston
– Retro Arms CNC Piston head, cylinder head, cylinder and nozzle
– Retro Arms CNC Red trigger, selector, bolt catch and Magazine release
– Sorbo, AoE adjustment etc
– MLCJ 410mm barrel + rubber
– concave nub
– Red Castellan CNC M-lok foregrip

- VK 1.25-5x scope with one-piece QD mount
– PTS EMG x3
– PTS EPG-C grip
– PTS M4SDII QD suppressor
– PRS Griffin 14mm- Muzzle break
– PTS EPS stock

Does 30rps @1.1j on an 11.1v with a trigger response of 20ms!

• Like 1

36582355_2116413305244042_7772964411379036544853_2116412248577481_84551848506960

Latest DSG build, based on an APS Mk6 AEG:

– BTC MK1 spectre MOSFET unit
– SHS 16tpa neo motor
– M150 spring
– SHS 8T DSG, 18:1
– CYMA FMR piston, Swiss cheesed and AOE adjusted
– Radius cuts and a sorbo pad on the cylinder head
– Krytac hop up unit
– 170×6.01mm tightbore barrel
– Flat Hop and M nub

Does 50rps @1.05j on an 11.1v. Perfect size for CQB and that amplifier does give it a bark to match it’s bite!

Dry-fire vid:
https://www.facebook.com/DLCustoms/videos/2116409691911070/

• Like 1

IMG_20180711_142331-768x576.jpgIMG_20180711_142317-768x576.jpg

My personal lightweight AR build!

Based on a DYTAC BCM carbine, it has nice engraved trademarks and a lovely Ceracote finish. I don't baby my kit and tend to throw my stuff around, and the finish has a few nicks and dings here and there but for the most part, it's held up great!

The DYTAC gearbox and lower receiver have a great quick-change spring mechanism that lets me swap springs out with a single screw, which I love as it means I can run this in CQB at <1J or in woodland at 1.25J.

I feed it with DYTAC's new transparent HEXMAG midcaps, which I've tinted a darker grey to cut down on reflections. There's a video review of those in the works, but they feed beautifully and the transparent versions are great as you can quickly see how much ammo you have left to get those tactical reloads in at the best times.

Externally:
- DYTAC 13" BCM base AEG (14.5" barrel)
- DYTAC BCM GF pistol grip, keymod foregrip and B5 stock in WG
- DYTAC T1 replica on a QD mount
- PTS Gen 1 MBUS
- PTS ASAP plate
- RetroArms CNC trigger, bolt catch, forward assist, selector and selector cap in black
- FMA CNC ambidextrous magazine catch in black
- DYTAC BCM Muzzle break

Internally:
- SHS 16tpa Neo Motor
- SHS 12:1 gears ss-3
- M120 spring
- DYTAC FMR piston and piston head with bearing
- Viton O ring
- G&P cylinder head with Sorbo
- DYTAC gearbox with QSC, radius'd
- G&P M4 air nozzle with O ring
- GATE V2 TITAN
- DYTAC Rotary hop unit
- Mapleleaf Crazy Jet 410mm barrel and 50deg hop rubber
- M nub

She does 1.25J @38rps on an 11.1v lipo and flings 0.28g bbs over 60m+ easily.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't see the point really. Externally they look the same and there is no GBB specific threads for anything else.

One thing I would appreciate though is if people would write what the picture is of, make, model, specs, upgrades, externals etc. so at least you know 😛

• Like 3
On 7/13/2018 at 12:15 PM, DarkLite said:

36582355_2116413305244042_77729644113790

Does 50rps @1.05j on an 11.1v. Perfect size for CQB and that amplifier does give it a bark to match it’s bite!

As much as I like the look of it (and I do) I do have to ask why this ?

your profile say your located in Edinburgh so your a UK player which means at 404fps you can’t use this gun over here ???

Plus says perfect size for CQB , and it is , but yet again if you use a 50rps gun in that environment there’s going to be some very angry and P***ed off players on the other team .

well confused mate by your train of thought for this build mate . 

Edited by druid799

? He only mentioned 1.05j, that's basically 337 fps, as for 50 rps, I guess that's site dependant but if you are only allowed to use semi indoors and full auto outdoors, then the extra rps would be nice even in semi for trigger responsiveness, and as for full auto over shooting... as long as you don't un-necessarily overshoot people, what gun you use is less relevant, I've seen people over shoot on semi-auto plenty of days and people doing one taps where full auto's allowed... it's hard to judge just based on the object alone. 

2 hours ago, druid799 said:

your profile say your located in Edinburgh so your a UK player which means at 404fps you can’t use this gun over here ???

Plus says perfect size for CQB , and it is , but yet again if you use a 50rps gun in that environment there’s going to be some very angry and P***ed off players on the other team .

Higher RPS isn't just for spamming/high ROF, but along with it comes increased trigger response/spool up time etc - nice for CQB if you can't be bothered with HPA!

50 minutes ago, blobface said:

? He only mentioned 1.05j, that's basically 337 fps,

My mistake over the FPS , I read it as 1.5j NOT 1.05j which was my biggest concern , now that worry is right out the window .

Not accusing the chap of going to indulge in over kill (think it’s safe to say he’s been around way too long to worry about him doing that!) no only reason I questioned it is even just a very quick ’squeeze’ at 50 a sec is going too result in a lot of hits in a CQB site hence my comment about possibly annoyed players ?

22 hours ago, druid799 said:

Let me clear some things up for you:

Firstly, ss other's have mentioned, 1.05J = 337fps on a 0.2g bb, not 404fps, and it's doing 1.05J on 0.25g bbs.

Load it with 0.2g bbs and it actually chronos about 0.95J or 320fps. Load it with 0.28g bbs and it does 1.12J.

Joule creep is quite pronounced on something with a very short barrel like this - the upshot being I can use the same AEG in CQB and woodland by just changing the weight of bbs used and still stay under the power limits.

In CQB we're limited to semi only, and with a 50rps AEG, my semi auto trigger response is about 20ms, compared to a stock AEG at 15rps having a ~67ms trigger response. Doesn't sound like much, but when you're in CQB and someone runs past a doorway, that extra 50ms before the bb leaves the barrel is enough to make it impossible to hit them unless you fire before you see them. The ability to get off 2-3 shots for every 1 that the enemy can is also a plus.

In woodland, I actually use this as a secondary to a LMG because we have rules about semi-auto only inside buildings or bases, and my Stoner96 doesn't have a semi auto mode, so this little AR15 pulls double duty as a pistol substitute or a close-range defensive weapon in case I get bumped up close.

And lastly, I use it on semi 95% of the time. Even on the full auto setting, it's programmed to do a 3rnd burst, wait 500ms and then start full auto proper. That way, if someone's dug into very deep bush, I can still use a 3rnd burst to get to them. Full auto proper is reserved for suppressing (you'd be very surprised how few people want to move when they hear 50rps rattling off hard cover nearby) and the occasional "maybe if I stay really still and pretend I'm not hit they won't notice I'm cheating" Kevlar Kenny.

• Like 1
On 5/24/2018 at 4:53 PM, si3n4 said:

Nice ARP9 build. I’m thinking of doing something similar with an ARP9 or CA X9. How happy are you with the polymer body? I’ve been thinking of going with a slightly longer rail (6-7 inch). Did you play around with other rail options before settling on this setup?

Sorry just noticed this comment lol. Polymer body actually is stronger than I thought, plus it lends itself to the overall lightness of the gun. I did consider a longer rail originally, but I think I wanted to keep the same overall profile as the stock 5" rail, so I went with a similarly lengthed SLR rail.

On 7/24/2018 at 12:16 PM, DarkLite said:

Let me clear some things up for you:

I did actually accept my error and basically recanted all my concerns a few days ago , plus I did state that your a well known player in the uk Airsoft community and I very much doubted you’d have indulged in any ‘overkill’ just simply stated a small concern how many rounds could be delivered in a single burst . 

All good bud ? 

Edited by druid799
On 7/26/2018 at 12:55 PM, druid799 said:

I did actually accept my error and basically recanted all my concerns a few days ago , plus I did state that your a well known player in the uk Airsoft community and I very much doubted you’d have indulged in any ‘overkill’ just simply stated a small concern how many rounds could be delivered in a single burst . 

All good bud ? 

All good - I didn't mean it to come across as aggressive, I honestly just wanted to detail why I would build a 50rps AEG and optimise it for CQB.

• Thanks 1

80FyLBj.jpg

zptQM2H.jpg

dlkDH9j.jpg

f0ZEwA3.jpg

RXPS0VA.jpg

C&C Tac came out with the Wilcox riser in Tan (https://shop.jkarmy.com/c-c-410-riser-mount-low-profile-rail-and-front-sight-mount-set-for-airsoft-20mm-rail-tan-cag-style.html) (unfortunately no flip mount D:) so my CAG HK416 is nearly finished.  The other HK416 with a black receiver was supposed to be a WIP for the pre-2016 CAG HK416s until I realised they used the gen1 version of the Geissele SMR rail without the 45 degree QD mounts, and nobody cloned that for airsoft (and its pretty much unicorn for real steel anyway) so I think I'll get the black receiver Cerakoted to the "tanodized" colour and turn it into another Tan CAG HK416.  

The flash hider on the black receiver HK416 is also timed incorrectly....because it's not the correct flash hider.  I've got a SFCT WarComp on it right now, but sooner or later I'll be replacing it with a standard SFCT flash hider.  Both 416 uppers use a HAO rail so I've got two different light/laser setups that I can swap to whenever I want....but the one with the M600C on the top 45 degree slots work better for an ambi setup with the HK416 Tan pistol grip vs the one with the dual switch and the surefire at the bottom 45 degree slot.  I think I'll stick with the config in the last picture since the Sierra Precision grip on the 416 lower works with the dual switch rail setup.

The KAC upper on the 416 lower's supposed to be a Jason Falla inspired SR16....unfortunately the SR16 lower and gearbox are not completed yet so it's a frankengun right now.

Edited by intinerious

Still doing some tweaks and fine tuning, but here is my mostly finished WE base Prime/Iron Airsoft Remington R5.

cc4COKr.jpg

qQyDeqs.jpg

0AlUOQN.jpg

CC3QHiP.jpg

T3sl4A1.jpg

Upper is an Iron Airsoft WA based R5 set modified to fit the WE internals, the entire hopup collar assembly needed to be redesigned and 3D printed, getting them machined now.

Lower is #10 out of the 100 MPL lowers Prime made for the WE system, only took a small bit of milking to fit the upper properly.

Full parts list here:

Upper:
* Iron Airsoft R5 upper receiver (Cerekoted in Patriot Brown (needs to be redone sometime soon))
*Seekins Precision DNA charging handle
*Angry Gun gen 2 steel bolt carrier
*(Not currently installed) Poseidon ZERO 1 WE nozzle
*Angry Gun WE M4 hop-up
*Falcon Double point VS-Z 80 degree hop-up bucking
*Falcon 6.03 330mm CNC Copper alloy inner barrel
*Custom outer barrel/hop-up collar pieces.
*WE MSK flash hider
*Daniel Defense fixed front and rear sights

*DLC titanium forward assist

*V7 dust cover (not currently attached

*3D made angled grip, there surprisingly aren’t many Cadex attachment pieces on the market. Might redesign to make it more ergonomic.

Lower:
*Prime WE Magpul Lower (Cerekoted in Patriot Brown (needs to be redone sometime soon))
*Stock WE trigger assembly (Wii Tech may be making WE parts, I’ll probably move to them if they do)
*Angry Gun anti rotation pins
*V7 ambi short 57-90 degree selector (currently at the 90 degree position)(Locked to semi only)
*V7 magazine catch
*V7 body pins
*Daniel Defense buffer tube
*Unknown brand H buffer
*Unknown brand buffer spring, looking for a Viper Tech Spring
*V7 castle nut

*V7 QD endplate
*BCM MOD 2 pistol grip(not currently attached)
*BCM MOD 0 stock
*ERGO Suregrip
*MFT minimalist stock(not currently attached)
*Airsoft Platz Stiffy Knob

The magazine is the Sankoshop Remington engraved MSK magazine. I’m 6 new MSK mags custom done, just got photos from my guy.

kCB9jBW.jpgcrS6REg.jpg

Edited by Wooly_Booly
  • Like 6