KTcerberus

AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

15 minutes ago, johny_blaze said:

Sent my ASAR to the guys at Airsoft Systems to get the get the upgrades of the second production run guns (new hop up chamber and rubber, nozzle and some other parts) and received these photos today. (Also I know one of the two screws holding the rail is missing but I stripped it just before sending the gun out and didn't have a replacement one).

Please, don't forget to leave some impressions about the "new" guns, I'm pretty interested in them after seing the price tag 😃

Edited by Isamu

Krytac in its guise from about 18 months ago, it's in the process of getting a V7 stoopid-light M-LOK forend (amongst other changes).

img_4328_37943943585_o.thumb.jpg.ed99f2d576dffcc59e8d15a7b078757b.jpgimg_4344_37943946595_o.thumb.jpg.b7a50fe76c4a0a9a3124e9ecc98f21ae.jpgimg_4338_37943946225_o.thumb.jpg.37758b622ff0422653ec18f3f5e4681b.jpg

• Like 5

GROUP PIC

FH16Fyq.jpg

Tier 1 pewpews

SZfPoMG.jpgcN3Qxan.jpg

The new Airsoft Artisan DD HK416 rail's out, can finally finish my Devgru gun:

aSKpdR9.jpgEWShAV4.jpg

I'm gonna swap the HK416 grip back onto the gun (the Magpul one's a placeholder for now).  The barrel nut for the DD rail's proprietary so you'll have to purchase it (I got mine from JK Army) with either GBBR spec or AEG/EBB spec.  It's proprietary because the inner cross section of the rail is the same throughout the length of the rail, but that's not the case with the real one since the inner diameter shrinks to fit the HK416 barrel nut.  But, because they'll have to do more CNC work that way, I think AA decided to just run a proprietary barrel nut instead (which is actually 3 piece).  I'm not too happy about that but, you can't see the barrel nut anyway so whatever.  They're the only manufacturer that has released the unicorn rail so I'll have to make do.

The MFR rail panels (there's 2) are also not mounted the same way the real one is mounted but again, you can't see the mounting solution so whatever.  The font used on the DD rail's also wrong, but if you're not a stickler for details you won't see it (it was pointed out to me by a friend that's a designer and a massive DD fan).

• Like 7

13 hours ago, BigAl said:

Love to see this sort of thing, shame it is highly illegal in the UK.

Is it? I thought it was "pressure bearing parts" that were under restrictions.

On 10/27/2019 at 7:44 AM, intinerious said:

Tier 1 pewpews

SZfPoMG.jpgcN3Qxan.jpg

I'm gonna swap the HK416 grip back onto the gun (the Magpul one's a placeholder for now).  The barrel nut for the DD rail's proprietary so you'll have to purchase it (I got mine from JK Army) with either GBBR spec or AEG/EBB spec.  It's proprietary because the inner cross section of the rail is the same throughout the length of the rail, but that's not the case with the real one since the inner diameter shrinks to fit the HK416 barrel nut.  But, because they'll have to do more CNC work that way, I think AA decided to just run a proprietary barrel nut instead (which is actually 3 piece).  I'm not too happy about that but, you can't see the barrel nut anyway so whatever.  They're the only manufacturer that has released the unicorn rail so I'll have to make do.

The MFR rail panels (there's 2) are also not mounted the same way the real one is mounted but again, you can't see the mounting solution so whatever.  The font used on the DD rail's also wrong, but if you're not a stickler for details you won't see it (it was pointed out to me by a friend that's a designer and a massive DD fan).

Big oof.

Was always illegal, thats a main part of the gun, if it can't fire without it you need it on licence.  Pressure bearing bit caught other items, besides the lower receiver is pressure bearing to an extent.

Three gun inspired long gun, as rail was half inch longer than barrel threw a can on the end.  May build a similar one on an ERG AR at a later date, this is just a boring old regular AEG ( ICS ).

77417728_10162608797225113_8301410886761840640_n.jpg

Edited by BigAl
I never remember to proof read before posting. ;)
  • Like 1