AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Evike has some ACM HK416 RIS. I think they also have the barrel and gas block some where. No way you can find the M27's RIS. Though I think I should mention that I'm pretty sure that the HK416's top profile is slightly taller than the standard AR's. So you'd also need to find a new upper receiver rail to replace KWA's. I've seen it done before, but the receiver still wasn't right while missing HK's different gas bulge.

Evike has some ACM HK416 RIS. I think they also have the barrel and gas block some where. No way you can find the M27's RIS. Though I think I should mention that I'm pretty sure that the HK416's top profile is slightly taller than the standard AR's. So you'd also need to find a new upper receiver rail to replace KWA's. I've seen it done before, but the receiver still wasn't right while missing HK's different gas bulge.

Too true. I'm not sure what I want to do with the project. I saw a guy at a local field do it, not sure what he did, and I haven't seen him since. If I went through with it, I wouldn't have the guts to make it 1:1 M27, just a similar representation. The damn thing is spitting 30rps on an 11.1v lipo so it pretty much keeps some heads down anyway!

Too true. I'm not sure what I want to do with the project. I saw a guy at a local field do it, not sure what he did, and I haven't seen him since. If I went through with it, I wouldn't have the guts to make it 1:1 M27, just a similar representation. The damn thing is spitting 30rps on an 11.1v lipo so it pretty much keeps some heads down anyway!

Would this help.....?

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-416-MR556-Extended-Quad-Rail-14p1960.htm

He probably used a JG or AGM HK416 upper. I contemplated the idea of using an AGM upper, but I wasn't completely sure about comparability as I found that the AGM broke down like a two piece hop up design but used a one piece hop up or some weird thing like that.

I think JG HK416 RIS will fit. I'm sure I've seen their HK416 rail on a standard receiver somewhere on a forum. I don't think theirs has the mounting notch either, but that doesn't matter anyway because you'd have to swap the upper receiver RIS. I've compared a JG receiver rail and KWA rail before and I think the JG would fit on, if you had to modify it, it wouldn't be too bad. Though your upper wouldn't be 100% correct.

The easiest way would be to swap uppers, the AGM would be preferred as it has the correct gas bulge and is full metal.

Edited by Shift