AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

Posted Images

The finish does have a slight sheen, which doesn't really bother me; that fiber composite is tough as nails and the design is excellent. I'm not thrilled that it's such a light color though--it really is desert sand, which pops out in the shadows like white. In all the marketing materials they've made it look like FDE.

On mine the plastic just feels cheap. I will echo the color remark though. But even with those failings I like it better then other lights of the size and weight. The ability of the one model to go white/IR is great though. Here's mine on my slightly changed SR-7. Really tempted to add a green laser PEQ15 to it...

DSCN0128.jpg

Trying to get the hang of this photography thing. My camera is showing it's age though...

VFC SR-15:

EDIT: I just noticed how weird the lens of the optic looks in some of these. That's what I get for saving them as .gifs.

sr161.gif

sr163.gif

sr164.gif

sr162.gif

As a bonus, this is how I run my SR-15 sans EGLM:

SR165.jpg

My integrally suppressed CQBR. I just call it "the shorty."

CQBR1.gif

CQBR3.jpg

CQBR2.jpg

Edited by SOUTHPAWMIKE

Ah. Sorry. I ordered through UN Company, and it got in country pretty easily with no major interruptions. Be aware that they won;t ship to CA. However, I don;t know what's going on with them. I tried to place an order with them shortly after taking delivery of the Blaster, paid, and then didn't hear from them for a week. I asked for either an update or a refund, and got no reply. I've tried again a few times, but still no response. I'm currently awaiting resolution on a Paypal dispute to get a refund.

WGCShop has them as well, but won;t ship to CA either. If Misery = Missouri, than you should be fine.

I was unsucceful in ordering my SR15 blaster from a few different Hong Kong shops (I'm in CA as well). Finally tried Airsoft Global, they had no issues shipping the gun to CA. I paid their fee to have the gun sent in two packages, both came through without problem, trademarks fully intact.

Your gun looks great with the ACS! I'm trying to find an ACS-L in FDE for mine.

Ah. Sorry. I ordered through UN Company, and it got in country pretty easily with no major interruptions. Be aware that they won;t ship to CA. However, I don;t know what's going on with them. I tried to place an order with them shortly after taking delivery of the Blaster, paid, and then didn't hear from them for a week. I asked for either an update or a refund, and got no reply. I've tried again a few times, but still no response. I'm currently awaiting resolution on a Paypal dispute to get a refund.

WGCShop has them as well, but won;t ship to CA either. If Misery = Missouri, than you should be fine.

1540220120219183321.jpg

• Like 1

Ahh. Good to know Airsoft Global will.

I don;t think they make dedicated PTS ACS-L's. Not like it matter's on this gun. I think a Mil-Spec stock would work fine. The ACS I have on mine is PTS, and is just a little bit stiff when I try to move it. I don;t even have to engage the lock to prevent wobble. You probably know this already, seeing as you've got a CTR on it.

Ahh. Good to know Airsoft Global will.

I don;t think they make dedicated PTS ACS-L's. Not like it matter's on this gun. I think a Mil-Spec stock would work fine. The ACS I have on mine is PTS, and is just a little bit stiff when I try to move it. I don;t even have to engage the lock to prevent wobble. You probably know this already, seeing as you've got a CTR on it.

VFCs take Mil-Spec stocks. I have an RS MOE on my 635.

-Ex

Posted it before but wanted to throw out a better picture...and show off my new optics.

013.jpg

WE CO2 Based L119A1

Element M600C scoutlight

Eotech 516 and Eotech 3x magnifier.

Best softgun I've ever owned and the most fun to shoot I've ever played with.