KTcerberus

AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

That's really strange... I have 2 different G&P GBBR uppers and i've never had any sort of compatibility issues - recently using a Madbull Troy TRX tube, previously KA and generic chinese Larue rails, i also once tried an ancient TM M733 front just to see if it fits (and it does). Maybe the bodies are out of G&P spec? I want to get a RS TRX at some point, wonder if that will fit without any issues...

All I can think of to explain that is you've used the receiver threads a lot? G&P threading is factually slightly larger than TM spec threading to match real steel - So R/S rails will go on a G&P/PTW or similar, but TM specific (Including some of the older Madbull rails and a few others) won't go easily onto a G&P. Sometimes you'll find a TM spec nut will require a lot of force to turn onto the G&P threads as it sort of cuts it's own thread, but generally a lot of TM specified barrel nuts won't go on a G&P.

In all honesty though, there will never be a definitive answer on what rail will fit on what receiver; This is airsoft, and manufacturing tolerances aren't exactly razor sharp at the best of times! :P

I guess you're spot on regarding random tolerances in airsoft - i remember never having to use any force to put on the different barrel nuts. In fact, one of these uppers is brand new.

You should keep it at Block 1.5

I like a lot the look and grip of this build, and I'm not convinced by the RIS II system's out there, maybe with a G&P RIS II, so I'll keep this build for a time :)

@frogfish: I agree, so I called this a transition instead a 1.5 build.

Fairly certain the EXPS3-2 is part of the latest accessory kit. Some are calling it Block III.

So far, I've seen rifles kitted out with Larue 7" rails, EXPS3-2 in FDE, LA-5/PEQ, Insight WMX200, and Dual Switch. Most are running CTRs and AFGs.

G1Xn6.jpg

-Ex

Edited by Extraordinaire

Could be. If You throw the M4s out.

What's so funny about this so called Block 1.5 if I may ask ? :)

I just picked up a stubby stock off forums and realized I had enough left over parts to build an entire gun, so I took an old TM SR16 I had laying around and made this little cutie:

IMG_08292-1.jpg

Stl, Beta08, where did you get those gorgeous Opmod XPS's from? They're replica's?

I've once seen them mounted on a rail coupled with an Opmod magnifier... want it so bad.

Can you set me on track?

/ Offtopic, sorry

Stl, Beta08, where did you get those gorgeous Opmod XPS's from? They're replica's?

I've once seen them mounted on a rail coupled with an Opmod magnifier... want it so bad.

Can you set me on track?

/ Offtopic, sorry

Yessir, they are replicas. I got mine from t-tiger on ASF but I'm afraid I got the last one. However, you can still get them from a few retailers online.

http://www.px-airsoft.com/showroom/model/T0002/templateProductDetails.do?ParentId=1214828800275&currentPage=1&editCurrentLanguage=1213907847692&webId=1213907847691&productId=1338781169675010439

http://www.px-airsoft.com/showroom/model/T0002/templateProductDetails.do?ParentId=1214828800275&currentPage=1&editCurrentLanguage=1213907847692&webId=1213907847691&productId=1342472164523002246

Thats a counter-supine(correct?) grip, it has a place and time to be used, there is a lengthy discussion of it in the US SF thread on GearSoc.

Edited by frogfish

For a parts box rifle, that looks REALLY cool.

haha thanks! Literally everything on it was bought second hand (except for the 2" TD panels) so that is why there are varying degrees of abuse on different parts :D

nothing, just never heard the term until now.

Got it.

Well, as I said I'm pretty sure it's just ar15.com users terminology and nothing more.