AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

mk18-mod1block2.jpg

mk18-mod1block22.jpg

mk18-mod1block23.jpg

mk18-mod1block21.jpg

G&P MK18 MOD1 BLOCK2 AEG Full metal

PEQ15

M3X Flashlight

Dual Switch

Elcan Specter Sight

Daniel Defense RIS II 7''

KAC Silencer

mk18-mod0block1.jpg

mk18-mod0block12.jpg

mk18-mod0block11.jpg

mk18-mod0block13.jpg

G&P MK18 MOD0 BLOCK1 AEG Full metal

Tango Down Hand Grip

Crane Stock

ANPEQ2 Dummy

Surefire Flashlight

Aimpoint RedDot /w mk18 mount

* all accessories are replicas, none of them is RS.

Its MK18 party time!

And now here's a gatecrasher :P

Went to Wolf Armouries today, and as well as a nice Gerber knife, I finally picked up a suitably light/low profile light mount, as well as another set of the unbelievably good quality ACM ARMS 71LR's - I figured seeing as they're plastic they'll save another gnat's *badger* worth of weight now the light is on there.

Also, many moons ago I chopped up a KA silencer to make my old CA Scar look cool; I randomly found the offcut, and discovered it's the perfect length/size to give me the intergrally suppressed look I've been after without adding significant weight or length.

I really am pretty sure this is the final, be all and end all setup of my M4. It's taken 6 rails, 4 pistol grips, several vertical grips, several optics, several different types of BUIS and plenty of other bits to finally get to a gun that fits me like an absolute glove in every possible respect. I call it The Hwagan Cannon. Better pictures when I get some better light...

photo36.jpg

photo37.jpg

photo35.jpg

Edited by hwagan
  • Like 1

Oh okay.

Can civilians buy those or are those still military only things?

Lightsticks?

Standard glowsticks that give off visable light are very easily available from your local outdoors shop, and look pretty much the same.

If you want proper Infa-Red (IR) lighsticks they are a little harder to find. They are out there, but there isn't really a civilian market for them (they only work with night vision gear). They are not restricted, just hard to find.

Kunlun, which is that flashlight mount on your gun?

As Blackjack13 mentioned it is a Element replica of the HSP Thorntail.

@ Ivan: I would consider it as an advantage instead of a disadvantage. The whole purpose of this mount is to maintain a light and low-profile with a minimum of rail space needed.