AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

Posted Images

8008795108_2a0bce8a63_b.jpg8008790185_97da7e41ac_b.jpg

Photos of my SR-25

Shoots around 450fps and range is around 300ft with the R-hop.

I use side mounted aimpoint micro as a backup sight.

I am going to paint it next year (green) and thinking of buying other scope and mount. Probably a SR-25 scope mount replica. Any suggestions on scope? Would a shortdot look *suitcase* with a SR-25 or should I stick with "normal" scopes? The current one is a 3-9X Tasco.

As much as people above me like their GBB, i'll kindly stick to my "AEG's" . My contributions:

post-45075-0-74407900-1348274405_thumb.jpg

The Main PTW

2010 PTW

Prime LMT kit (using 10" barrel)

Tack'd w/ Moisture proofing, lipo mod, motor service

2012 Hopup unit + 6.02 310mm Deepfire tightbore

RS AVG

Mission First Tactical grip

PTS mbus

Avalon Rotex Silencer (using G&P m4/m16a2 flash-hider)

Tack Pmags

RS Eotech 556 + Guns Modify Eotech lens protector (not shown)

whats to come on it ... Prime LMT lower, Magpul ASAP & STR, Surefire m951 ; and possibly a VFC eglm

post-45075-0-66270000-1348275281_thumb.jpg

The Backup

2010 PTW

RS buffer mod'd to fit

RS milspec CTR

RS Troy 11" TRX extreme rail

Dytac 12" recon barrel

Magpul AAC supressor (not shown , need to remove the Surefire 556 flash-hider there)

RS Magpul ASAP

?? T-1 aimpoint red dot

post-45075-0-09606000-1348275306_thumb.jpg

The For Sale One

2010 Mil/Le PTW

RS Vltor sling mount

Photos of my SR-25

Shoots around 450fps and range is around 300ft with the R-hop.

I use side mounted aimpoint micro as a backup sight.

I am going to paint it next year (green) and thinking of buying other scope and mount. Probably a SR-25 scope mount replica. Any suggestions on scope? Would a shortdot look *suitcase* with a SR-25 or should I stick with "normal" scopes? The current one is a 3-9X Tasco.

With a short dot it doesn't look bad IMO :P

Btw; what magnification setting to do normally use for ranges at 100, 200 and 300 feet in a game may I ask? I'm planning to run a 1.75-6x scope (VisionKing, I sold my short dot lookalike one already; the 1.25-5x) on my SPR build and I'm hoping it can reach out to ~328ft with an ER-Hop at 400fps. I'm thinking even at my max magnification at 6x it should be enough for aiming at stuff out to 300ft? What's your take on it? :P

post-63987-0-63043600-1348312524_thumb.jpg

So much bling.......but I can't see a thing.

If you can spare several thousand pounds for the PTWs, you can spare £100 for a digital camera. The pinhole thing you're using at the moment isn't working so well anymore.

edit: since cant edit original pic, here are the newer pics

post-45075-0-93603500-1348327455_thumb.jpg

post-45075-0-95164200-1348327324_thumb.jpg

post-45075-0-21556700-1348327505_thumb.jpg

Edited by wazzy1013
  • Like 1

photosep22123423.jpg

Here it is!

The finished gun is a ino 2011 M4A1

The upper is a 2009 ino M4A1, with Real colt handguards, and a real colt carry handle

and the in progress upper is a real colt 6920 upper, gonna be installed with an ino 2009 10.3" outer barrel, real pins, detents, springs, etc., a real delta ring, but stock, flash hider, etc. and with custom internals made out of carbon steel (and a new custom bolt catch) and a real KAC RAS

heh too bad i can't rotate the picture... but since people are throwing in 5.56 rounds, I'm throwing in a couple as well, shot from my ruger ar-15

Edited by Finbarqs
  • Like 1

I feel like there are 2 kinds of people in airsoft: People who love the sport of airsoft, and people who loves the replication that airsoft brings to the table (basically gun people who can't buy real guns)

Your very own post immediately below this one rather counteracts this sentiment somewhat.

I feel like there are 2 kinds of people in airsoft: People who love the sport of airsoft, and people who loves the replication that airsoft brings to the table (basically gun people who can't buy real guns)

Or any combo of the two lol. The path of the chairsofter usually leads down the latter category though....*points to self*

I can buy real guns too, however I can't use those to shoot people for fun without getting in trouble.

• Like 1

Somebody beat me to it--I like shooting targets with real guns and shooting people with realistic imitation guns.

Plenty of folks (myself included) like to play milsim type airsoft using a detailed replica--not only is it fun to build but it adds to everyone else's enjoyment and immersion. Sure, 30's gangster or post-apocalyptic robot assassin guns are fun, but when everyone else is using modern military weapons in a military scenario they detracts from the experience.

Also, please don't call airsoft a sport unless you are trying to save money on paintballs and call a skirmish a "scrimmage" (gag).

Edited by kojak

With a short dot it doesn't look bad IMO :P

Btw; what magnification setting to do normally use for ranges at 100, 200 and 300 feet in a game may I ask? I'm planning to run a 1.75-6x scope (VisionKing, I sold my short dot lookalike one already; the 1.25-5x) on my SPR build and I'm hoping it can reach out to ~328ft with an ER-Hop at 400fps. I'm thinking even at my max magnification at 6x it should be enough for aiming at stuff out to 300ft? What's your take on it? :P

I normally use 3x or 4x magnification. I think that 4x is MAX level for airsoft when it comes to scopes. Anything beyond that is just for scanning.

uscmCorps stated in the Magpul thread that he uses a cheap monocular which he carries in his pocket for scanning. That's not a bad idea either. I consider running a shortdot on the SR and buying monocular to help me ID targets long distance away (milsim games).

I just feel that SR-25 with full stock requires a normal scope but I would really like to save weight and go for a shortdot. The picture you attached doesn't look bad at all. The shortdots do look more natural on 5.56 or SR25K platforms though.

#2 gun with a Barska. I'll try to get a shot of #1 with the Nikon.

I think it looks fine!

Looks fine indeed, thanks for contributing!

I normally use 3x or 4x magnification. I think that 4x is MAX level for airsoft when it comes to scopes. Anything beyond that is just for scanning.

uscmCorps stated in the Magpul thread that he uses a cheap monocular which he carries in his pocket for scanning. That's not a bad idea either. I consider running a shortdot on the SR and buying monocular to help me ID targets long distance away (milsim games).

I just feel that SR-25 with full stock requires a normal scope but I would really like to save weight and go for a shortdot. The picture you attached doesn't look bad at all. The shortdots do look more natural on 5.56 or SR25K platforms though.

Ah thanks for the info :D