AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Pretty sure it's pure G&P. They make a body kit with Vltor MUR upper and Magpul lower. It was also featured in some special versions of the Sentry.

They do, but that's not a normal MUR-1 upper on point7's gun, it's a VIS-2 which has the integrated handguard, far as I know G&P have never made those. Pretty sure the only 1 piece upper they do is the MRP.

They do, but that's not a normal MUR-1 upper on point7's gun, it's a VIS-2 which has the integrated handguard, far as I know G&P have never made those. Pretty sure the only 1 piece upper they do is the MRP.

Definitely not a G&P upper; The only manufacturers to do a VIS i can think of are King Arms and Dytac... Money's on it's a Dytac upper. Either way, damn nice gun.

Who makes a VIS-2 though? Thought both those only made VIS-1's and VIS-3's.

You thought wrong :Phttp://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Accessories_Metal_Bodies_Related_Parts_AEG_Dytac_VIS_2_Mid_Length_Upper_Receiver_for_Marui_M4_M16_series.htm

Haven't seen them in stock anywhere for ages though. Still, not sure they'd sell too well these days with the MRP available for near enough the cost of just the Dytac upper.

it is indeed a dytac vis 2 mid lenght this one on redwolf

and it a g&p magpul lower reciever ^_^

Nice one, thanks for the confirmation. Definitely a nice looking combination, I'd do one myself if anyone had stock of the VISs. Did you have any problems with the fitment out of interest?

My latest addition, finally got one :D

I still think they're a bit ridiculous, but each to their own. You've done a good job putting it together either way, though your aimpoint mount is backwards for some reason?

You've done a good job putting it together either way, though your aimpoint mount is backwards for some reason?

Thanks, and yh, the mount I got with it is a POS, and has a huge handle on the side for tightening it up and I didn't like it on that side of the rifle as it obscured my view so swapped it over.

Nice one, thanks for the confirmation. Definitely a nice looking combination, I'd do one myself if anyone had stock of the VISs. Did you have any problems with the fitment out of interest?

fits fine, but the only that gave me a hard time whas the hop up unit , i tryd a systema, g&p, ca,madbull none of these fit good.

so i took the madbull one and used a dremel to sand the sides down.

and i think ehobbyasia or wcg has stock of them.

Edited by point7

Nearly there.

Nearly there? What do you still need to do on this? Run her over with a truck? Just kidding, looks really nice and also authentic.

Found the first non-black box CA M15 I had back at home, swapped some parts and painted her up, almost can't tell she's getting pretty close to a decade old.

Really like this, but I think an old style M4 stock would go better with the handguard and the carry handle, more old-school.

Yeah it would, and I have one, but then I would have anywhere to put my awesome NiMH battery bought when the change from NiCAD to NiMH was the new big thing.... I need to buy a new battery, but this weapon will get used around water so a LiPO won't work, and I can't find a decent NiMH that will fit in the buffer tube without the MOD stock.

I can't see any particular reason for it be classed as 'necessary' for that tiny gap not to be there.

It might not be 100% technically uber-correct but it hardly matters. I can think of almost no instances (outside of mounting NODs with other optics, and I've never seen that in airsoft) that it really matters whether the top rail is entirely monolithic/runs consistently from upper receiver to handguard.

Oh Chris, my hero!

Actually in that pic I had yet to tighten up the flatheads and grub screws. There is no gap now. Good lookin' out though. I like owning a KAC too. It takes like 10 minutes to switch it all out if I want to change the look. How do you all like the Omega Rail vs. the DD RIS II?

Edited by Leon Kennedy

Well here it is with the "stuff" on it.

photo9fo.jpg

photo10l.jpg

After seeing a gun on another classifieds, I got an idea for a CQB rifle I'd like. Makes me mad that I sold that nice Madbull Noveske KFH amplifier. Teaches me to sell stuff I'm not using immediately. As for the stock I'd like a MOE stock eventually but I'm not using lipos yet so I need the storage space. Here's the PMG mockup:

myweapon4hm.jpg

Edited by Leon Kennedy