AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

HK416 Devgru Inspired

HK416

S&S Low profile mount

All replica

Mind I ask what replica and what S&S mount brand?  I recently got the FMA S&S mount and it doesn't exactly fit on my CA 416 rails.  It SEEMS like it fits the DBOYS one when I tried to compare the holes on the rails to the S&S mount.

I have two of the ones from EBairsoft, both sides of the latching hooks are adjustable, just make sure to torque it on. It is going to chip the paint, the real one does too, do what the guys who it was designed for do and just don't care, it is after all only paint.

Hey guys! I appreciate the kind remarks. Its been a good time. Ex is right - I did go overboard on the photos. I mentioned it in the post but it got censored :P To that end, my interest in these pic threads has never been to see who has what. Rather, Im interested in what has been done and, if its something more than slapping parts on, if its preceise, how. For me, the devil is in the details and I love details - especially when careful thought has gone into them. Anyone else use these threads for inspiration when picking a part or a direction?

That said, my intention of showing the gearbox photos was simple. Everyone who has put some decent time into their AEG has taken it all apart, and Im pretty sure we all know the feeling when the parts are scattered and its time to get it all backtogether. I just wanted to, visually, remind people of that feeling before showing the whole. It is a pic thread after all! :)

QDRenegade, what make is your rail? Madbull? The Surefire RIS switch is geniue?

Yes and yes! Specifically, the rail is a Madbull Daniel Defense MK12 12".

Now, since this is a pic thread, I feel compelled to share something. Again. Maybe this will help someone! The following photos are of a 14" Madbull Noveske two part barrel. I hated that it left my suppressor an inch off the rail - so close yet sooo far! The barrel, with respect to length, allows for a 10mm adjustment - I needed 44. I didnt want to swap rails or integrate a suppressor (<3 QD). So, I got an idea this morning and a metal cutting blade in the afternoon.

dsc0771qo.jpg

As it turns out, the 14" barrel actually grants the owner 110mm of slop given they have a saw! Now I have .5mm between my suppressor and the rail while retaining the QD functionality.

dsc0788y.jpg

Cheers!

• Like 3

Have you tried the Crusader Tech one?

Nope, because WGC pulled it from their store.  I think it's because Magpul PTS has license or something.  I'm not entirely sure.  The FMA one was out of stock everywhere except at Toy Soldier; which is where I got mine last week.

I have two of the ones from EBairsoft, both sides of the latching hooks are adjustable, just make sure to torque it on. It is going to chip the paint, the real one does too, do what the guys who it was designed for do and just don't care, it is after all only paint.

Yeah the latches are adjustable, but the farthest point I've gotten without having the latches dig into the mount was 80mm.  The CA rail holes are 82mm apart; so I was planning to file the latch so that it mates with the ends of the hole where the latches ride on, as that would give me an extra 2-3mm (as the latches don't go all the way at the moment).  I didn't know the real one was like that too; I'll see if I can try again by torquing it.  Also; I found that the latches are 3mm away from the mount surface in terms of thickness.  My CA rail (and the DBOYS rail I saw) were 2mm thick only.  Doesn't that mean if I get it mounted correctly the lowpromount would be wobbling in and out of the rail by 1mm?  Is there a way to fix this?  I haven't actually torqued it all the way down yet to get the mount fitted to the rail; so if somehow this issue goes away after I get it set up properly please let me know, thanks ><;

I believe it's the fma one. I ordered it from ebairsoft. The m600c is the unbranded replica from there too.

Your not the first person to have issues with the mount.

Yup; the FMA one should be the one you can get from EBB.  Where else did you see other people with issues with the lowpromount?  My google searches weren't too useful and I found nothing ><;

I've had no issues putting it on a VFC 416, a hurricane 416, or madbull DD RIS II as an FYI.

Hmm...perhaps my CA rail IS off-spec.  If it's not too much of a bother, can you measure the distance of the farthest edges of your VFC and HurricanE 416 rails and see if it's 82mm?  The DBOYS (I didn't have a ruler when I went to the shop) seem to fit the FMA latches perfectly in length; so I think the DBOYS (and therefore the VFC) rail holes are 80mm only at the widest length.

Thanks again guys ><;  If I need any more help afterwards I'll make a new thread so that I won't end up going too OT with this one!