AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

Yes and yes! Specifically, the rail is a Madbull Daniel Defense MK12 12"

Thanks! Did you have any problem mounting the switch? As Madbull rails are off spec I do not dare buying that switch for my SF light but seeing it on yours is really encouraging. :)

Edited by emp3ror86
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Hmm... I've  just started to wonder if I can shorten Madbull's 14,5 steel government profile barrel to make only FH sticking out od RIS II. Because of some reason I just hate the look of those few centimeters of standard 14,5 barrel visible between FH and 12,5 inch handguard. I guess such an action would require shortening of gas tube or repositioning of  gas block.

Edited by MRF

Thanks! Did you have any problem mounting the switch? As Madbull rails are off spec I do not dare buying that switch for my SF light but seeing it on yours is really encouraging. :)

No problems what so ever! I did not try it on a spec trail so I can't compare but it feels snug in a secure way rather than too tight. I highly recommend the combination.

I'm on my phone here so I can't quote the next post but as far as chopping the barrel... I wish I had done it earlier. It really makes the AEG appear much more aggressive - at least to me. I was worried that the flash suppressor would look stubby but that never happened! I'll grab one last photo after work. You can compare the difference and see if it's worth it to you!

I'd very much like to replace this suppressor with a Surefire QD, but I can't afford it at the moment. Still, suppressors flush with rails always look good.

Also now with the MOE stock Bladerunner sold me, thusly saving me from paying an upsetting price for one. (Cheers dude!)

photo-1.jpg

Okay, I'll repost a pic from the H&K thread because it's relevant to the lowpromount discussion above, and I didn't want to leave the discussion hanging.

20130107_174535_zps10e00316.jpg

Something's wrong with my Galaxy S2 camera...I dunno if it's a software issue; but if I aim it at anything bright (or reflecting bright light) the camera gets those pink lines...perhaps if anyone's got a solution to fix that please lemme know :P

Anyway, the lowpromount is the FMA one and the gun is a Classic Army HK416 (the pro-line version; which is still a piece of *suitcase*).  The mount alone on the rail is loose, even when the latches are extended fully.  It wobbles from side to side and up and down as well given the latches having 3mm of width at the widest portion (the rail is 2mm thick) and the holes are 82mm apart from the farthest point; and the latches only extend out to 80mm.

Regardless; I got it secured by shoving the TD grip under the mount.  Because of the thickness of the mounting solution on the grip; it basically pinches the lowpromount onto the rail and thus allowing me to replica the SEAL HK416 front assembly to a degree.

For my other guns, I'm going to run an Elcan SpecterDR on the M4 and a VisionKing 1.75-6x scope on the SPR upper.  The SPR actually has a lower (M16A3 markings) but I haven't assembled the gearbox yet so I'm just gonna leave it as it is right now.

The HK416 being an ugly piece of *suitcase* and having incorrect trades; will be AOR2'd by DarkLite once he's free and the PEQ16 will be replaced by a PEQ15 (the 16 going back onto the M4).

Oh and I still have to mount my Rotex-III onto the 416 :P  And maybe a Crane stock if I end up wiring two 7.4v lipos together for a 14.8v lipo.

Also, the SF mini is slightly more forwards than the one in Mark Owen's No Easy Day book, but it's still comfy to switch the SF on:

20130107_181401_zps3b52d21b.jpg

Also, I'm running the new G&P LMT AEG grips on my guns because they actually feel very nice and are thinner than your standard AEG grips by about 1.5-2mm:

20130107_180749_zps4a508844.jpg

From left to right: G&P TD grip, G&P LMT grip, G&P M16A2 grip

20130107_180900_zpsf211a67b.jpg

Edited by intinerious
  • Like 1

Hmm...perhaps my CA rail IS off-spec.  

I think this is the case, the hurricane is right in spec with the real deal, so telling you those dimensions wouldn't help, and I no longer have the VFC so I can't give you those.

I will say it took some finagling on the fitting to make it work with the VFC, but at the same time I mounted mine using one hole rather than two...

As with most of S&S products it has a very very specific use, it was made for one individual as a custom order then tossed on the market if the customer said it was Ok. I've never tried to mount the mount anywhere other than on one hole so it may be that is the way it was designed.

I tried roasting my Madbull Surefire the other day to get a similar effect, and it hardly did anything!  Turned the black to a hardened dark, very dark gunmetal grey color.  Deffo not what I had hoped for...  What brand is that M4/2000?

Idk If I posted this but I'm pretty sure it's my final mk18 mod 1 config.

Kwa lm4

Madbul dd mk18 ris

Rs moe stock

Bcm gunfighter grip

Vfc peq15

Replica minis sf scout light

Both run off a real sf double switch

Aim micro T1

Stubby fore grip( replaced with afg 2)

Bunch o' xdms

Vfc kac front and rear buis

Madbul mini 5.56 sf can modded to fit mk556 flash hider.

CF35D415-48BD-46A6-9CFD-AC904C9D64A4-378

Next lm4 build I'd a sr635 for my pts,just have to find someone to cut/ tethered mt outer to 7.5 so I can half hide a kx3