AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

The DYTac guns are more like the G&P guns than than most other manufacturer guns. There's no bolt lock function but the charging handle does pull back the false bolt plate and there's enough friction there that it'll stay in place till you're done with it. I do like the hop up setup on the DYTac guns a little more though. They come with H-nubs by default and have very decent accuracy.

A silly question but, considering this info of similarities between G&P and Dytac, would it be possible to mix and match their upper and lower receivers by any chance?

A silly question but, considering this info of similarities between G&P and Dytac, would it be possible to mix and match their upper and lower receivers by any chance?

Just got confirmation from DYTac. Their receivers are 100% compatible and made to the same spec as the G&P receivers. Same OEM as G&P's I believe but built with their own personal molds (that are the same spec as G&P's). G&P wouldn't share their molds (can't blame them as it puts a lot of extra wear on the molds doing that) and the OEM didn't want to risk the relationship with G&P. So DYTac paid for their own molds to be made. Good news if you ever want to mix and match between the two brands.

Finished :) T1 and index marks added:

2dd3bd6f51b3e56f17b4a240a5918e4f_zpsd512

700786780075a66c7c24ba2a5c3cfa71_zps3ea1

c9658688512061974650eb0082f239b5_zps70e1

884f1eeff8f4a7f9b71fb36fdeaa294f_zps0a82

ff24862ebbf03bb613114872dc19f9d9_zpsd832

b98154318c63bb026177119cf7618bd2_zps792a

38bd9ea746da45fb84e0b263c1ff3c32_zpsb87e

Refresh 3.1

KAC URX 3.1

Rainier Arms upper

KAC Micro rear BUIS

Rainier Arms Raptor charging handle

Seekins Precision trigger guard

Blackhawk sling plate

Mil spec buffer

Magpul CTR stock, mil spec

Aimpoint T1 2moa

Aimpoint spacer

Aimpoint QRP

*Prime KAC E3 lower

*VFC KAC Micro front BUIS

*FCC trigger

*Madbull Noveske light weight gas block

*UFC KAC flash hider

*Repro

• Like 6

Thanks mate. The panels do look very nice, but I don't want to make the rail any wider. KAC themselves admit the panels were an afterthought and they are relatively bulky, considering the base rail is quite slender.

I did consider buying a panel pack, but only to obtain extra screws. The rails ship with only two screws to join upper and lower, which aren't really enough to make the lower half solid. Instead a mate sourced two extra screws, cut them to size and voila. You'd never guess the rail was in two parts.

Only thing that bothers me in this build is T1 -  way to small for such a long rail IMHO. Of course in terms of the look, because I know well, that it's absolutely sufficient for airsoft skirmishing. Some long optical tube would much nicer here anyway ;).

For those of you who are familiar with my guns, I am planing to change the ACS for something else.

The ACS is a nice stock yes, but too big/large. Plus it's heavy. Though I would like to stick with the magpul stock.

780874IGP0114.jpg

I was thinking about a UBR stock, but if you guys have other ideas/suggestions let me know. :)

Edited by Ivan le Fou
  • Like 1

Only thing that bothers me in this build is T1 -  way to small for such a long rail IMHO. Of course in terms of the look, because I know well, that it's absolutely sufficient for airsoft skirmishing. Some long optical tube would much nicer here anyway ;).

Personal preference. It's a HSLD optic on a HSLD build. Plus, I consider the Micro to be the gold standard red dot. I have an H1 on my Noveske build and I've owned an ML2 and various Eotechs - so it's experience-based.

Also, don't forget, it's still only a 14.5" barrel. It just looks longer :)

For those of you who are familiar with my guns, I am planing to change the ACS for something else.

The ACS is a nice stock yes, but too big/large. Plus it's heavy. Though I would like to stick with the magpul stock.

pic

I was thinking about a UBR stock, but if you guys have other ideas/suggestions let me know. :)

Youll have the same feeling, if not moreso, with the UBR. It fits well on my 16" AR15 but on a ~10" AEG, it will be odd. IMHO either the CTR or better yet the MOE. I have both and I think I like the simplicity of the MOE more.

I wish someone made a CTR/MOE buttpad/monopod combo :) I know LT and some other companies make bolt on this and thats but I like integrated solutions.

Edited by QDRenegade