AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

IMG_20130429_114158_292_zps8a8c6e6c.jpg

Probably my final setup for my P*

The Silencer is a element blackwater replica, and its foam filled, making it super quiet. 

So pair the P* engine which is near silent already, and add the silencer, you end up with a gun people cannot hear past 30 feet :P:D

G&P VLTOR Upper

G&P VLTOR Lower,

PTS UBR Stock 

PTS Grip

PTS MBUS

Madbull TRX 

My 552.

Tactical duct tape in magwell :P

• Like 2

C39CAAFA-B185-4E03-89AB-F692031DCD4F-166

VFC HK416

Magpul PTS CTR stock

Magpul PTS MOE pistol grip

Magpul PTS trigger guard

Magpul PTS AFG

Element PEQ15 with light and laser

FMA S&S low pro mount

China cloneSurefire M600c

Madbull FA556 and Surefire mini can

G&G KAC style mount

Novel arms tac one scope.

Everything is replica here.

• Like 5

How to achieve a burnt/used effects on cans and flash-hiders by Ivan le Fou. :D

First, the flash-hiders:

You can use sand paper (thin) and or iron wool to rub the fh with. To give it a burnt finish put it in the fire. 

Here there are two ways depending on how much you want it to look burnt. Either in a chimney fire for a very used look, let the fh "cook" until the metal is white. Or you can use 70°/90° alcohol or even acetone. The fh will get a light blue coloration.

The, the can:

Same thing actually. Give it a used look by rubbing sand paper and or iron wool.

To give it a "cooked" finished: chemney fire until the metal is white. Alcohol fire will not work since it does not produce enough heat and does not burn long enough. *it won't even change the color of the metal*

Also note that depending on the brand the result will not be the same.

Here is a DYTAC M4/2000:

FH >>

750909IGP9006.jpg

Can >>

279264IMGP0234.jpg

Here is the AAC M4/SPR:

FH >> 

835819IGP4961.jpg

Can >>

602435IMGP0915.jpg

It does NOT work for VFCs cans.

Or... you can send it to me and I'll do it for you. ;)

You don't really 'do' short rifles do you? :P Nice gun though man.

My field is giant, so not exactly. My P* can be converted to a shorter rifle with my AAC flash hider, but I run it with a long setup simply because it looks better at our giant field :D

I want to build a CQB M4, I gotta TM base on hand, just waiting on some Noveske rails maybe a new outer barrel.