AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Needs bigger RDS IMO. What about a Trijicon SRS?

The Comp M4 was just thrown on from another gun for a skirmish, didn't have time to source sights for it.  Probably won't, as I'm thinking of selling the gun.

Not a fan, I'm afraid. The clubfoot/grip and the banana mags don't work together at all - it's a clash of angles - and the less said about the silver barrel and matching Triple Tap, the better.

IMO the SR-47 is rare enough to be visually striking in its original configuration with KAC panels, 3rd-generation M4 stock, and the Obermeyer barrel and flash hider for compatibility with the KAC suppressor.

I completely agree, this gun is just a cluster***k of parts that came together out of boredom.  Kinda wanted to make a "trollish" gun, but it's novelty is starting to wear off.  Though I like the barrel chromed, brings out the dimples  :D

Edited by vilerk

Not a fan, I'm afraid. The clubfoot/grip and the banana mags don't work together at all - it's a clash of angles - and the less said about the silver barrel and matching Triple Tap, the better.

IMO the SR-47 is rare enough to be visually striking in its original configuration with KAC panels, 3rd-generation M4 stock, and the Obermeyer barrel and flash hider for compatibility with the KAC suppressor.

There's something about an all black SR47, which is why I'm currently replacing the Magpul PTS and MIAD with a VFC Crane Stock and A2 grip. I'm keeping the RS KAC URX III, Dytac dimple barrel, and VFC triple tap break though.

-Piano

Was it... green? Did someone two-tone a Viper or is that just the way the photo looks?

Also, in my opinion, it was better as a true XM177E2. What's the new barrel from - M16?

The Viper gun I had also had an awful blue/green finish.

The barrel is probably a 14.5 x 0.625...Colt commonly referred to them as the "M16A1 Carbine" although it was never type classified by the US military. The receivers were never Property marked and generally had commercial M16A1 markings. They do show up in old military photos because of their "COTS" program where they purchased commercial items, not just weapons, for military use. Another unique feature of the real gun was what Colt called a compact "shortie" buffer...among other things.

• Like 1

Looks like a M653 to me... Lovely rifle! I have an AEG version, would love to make my LM4 into one! 

P1040786.jpg

Please ignore Magpul pistol grip! It's since been changed for an A2. Unfortunately I couldn't get hold of an A1! Unfortunately it's up for sale though :(

Edited by DeltaZero
  • Like 1

post-29597-0-35270100-1375336058_thumb.jpg

Systema PTW MAX

PDI Inner Barrel

Daniel Defense MK18 RIS II, MK12 gas block

Real steel carbine gas tube, bolt catch spring

Troy Ambi mag release, Front/rear Tritium Battlesights

EOTech 512

PTS Blackout 51T Flash Hider

Magpul Handstop, RSA, Trigger guard

BCM Gunfighter Charging Handle

FCC MOE Grip

Almost done with it..

:D

• Like 1

This was a PRIME M16A1 lower built for WA type gas guns...they actually did a fairly good job replicating a Vietnam era Colt built M16A1. They even got the markings and serial number range correct (1968) so I attached a E-Type stock and matching grip. Unfortunately, the original finish and the upper receiver that came with it was a giant mess.

DSCF0352_zps83295d5b.jpg

I ditched the upper and tried to make a Mk12 Mod1 to NAVSPEC:

DSCF0354_zps4557b233.jpg

• Like 2

I know Larue makes cat tails for various optics. 

photo17_zps2aa07bd1.jpg

Finbarqs, on 31 Jul 2013 - 1:26 PM, said:snapback.png

how'd you get viper internals? Did you have to drill for the bolt catch pin? I think everything is okay until the GFPA, which is specific to viper, unless heavily modified.

The IA 416 lower has holes for the bolt catch pin, though it seems over sized, so might have to widen the hole on the bolt catch itself. I'll find out how much modifications it takes to get the GFPA to fit soon. From my understanding, the GFPAs were made to replace the old Ino's firing blocks which were WA firing blocks. Don't quote me on that though. 

Edited by LeeCustom

I know Larue makes cat tails for various optics. 

photo17_zps2aa07bd1.jpg

Finbarqs, on 31 Jul 2013 - 1:26 PM, said:snapback.png

The IA 416 lower has holes for the bolt catch pin, though it seems over sized, so might have to widen the hole on the bolt catch itself. I'll find out how much modifications it takes to get the GFPA to fit soon. From my understanding, the GFPAs were made to replace the old Ino's firing blocks which were WA firing blocks. Don't quote me on that though. 

I have both ino and viper, from 2009, 2011 ino and 2012 viper. It's quite different. The firing block will not fit in each other, viper did some custom mod to the WA system.

Does anyone have any pictures of a RS Colt M4A1s serial number? Looked for a US military issued one preferably!

Hi. I can't say for sure what range the numbers are...I've seen a few US Property marked M4's and M4A1's and they all started with a "W" prefix with 6 digits...so "W######". Also, the markings are not engraved. I'm sure you can find one on the internet?

Does anyone have any pictures of a RS Colt M4A1s serial number? Looked for a US military issued one preferably!

Thank you, got it sorted now, chosen my serial number for my new lower :D

Updates:

SMR WIP - I've just stuck the upper on a KAC lower, so it can be used. Still quite a way to go on this, to get it right.

Noveske build - final iteration, hopefully! Thanks to bladerunner168 for inspiration on the tweaks to this version.

So you were the man who had his barrel painted by PPTW! I had a suspicion!

I'm looking forward to seeing what direction you go in with the SMR and the lower, I know what you mean about the KAC, I'm going to swap mine out for a Troy.

• Like 1