AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Here's my M4 as it currently stands.

It started life as a VFC SR-16E3 but I changed the URXII rail for a Troy TRX(13in) and therefore added a 2in barrel extension. Beyond that, the external parts are self explanatory but if someone wants a list, I'll write one up.

*Snip*

Thanks for all the Likes, I really appreciate you all enjoying the sight of my gun.

I find it somewhat dull right now, I've been thinking about a suppressor but cannot decide between the classic Knights style, and the SureFire 556 suppressor(probably the 20cm version). I'm also looking for a flashlight and I am really liking the SureFire Scout on some sort of low profile mount, but these two additions are not a priority. Does anyone have any recommendations that might look good and are of high quality(I'm thinking high quality for a Chinese replica)?

Besides that, I just need to get something like an R-Hop Up and a 363mm inner barrel, the one in it right now is fine, but I'd rather have it cover the entire stretch of the outer barrel. I am very pleased with the original VFC internals, I haven't even considered to change anything internally. 

Thanks everyone!

One is RS , ill let you guess :P

Peq15 (vfc ) , peq14 (Insight) , the dual switch is currently only running the 15, the 14's pressure switch is under the camo wrap on the TD grip, so both work but is more about "the look" at the mo, until I find a RS dual switch and modify one tail for the 15 anyway. There's a few reference pics of this set-up in use, essentially the PEQ-14 has replaced my M3X for visible use (or IR if I choose).

• Like 1

Anyone got one of those flash dot replicas for sale or a link to a cheapish one new?

I have the Visionking short dot and it's my best sight and for only 57 $. I know it's surprisingly cheap, but trust me it's amazing:

- biggest sight picture Ive seen on any scope

- so clear you think you see better through the scope than with the naked eye

- perfect for airsoft distances: it goes from 1.25x to 5x

- awesome eye relief, probably has to do with the enormous picture

- simple yet effective "dot": 2 horizontal lines and one vertical, bottom line that do not meet at the center, where there is a small circle with a dot in the middle. This allows for both precision shooting and and fast target acquisition at shorter ranges.

The circle illuminates in both red and blue (selectable), but may not be fully visible in sunny days against clear backgrounds. But the dot-circle and the lines are kinda "fat", so they are easy to pick up inmediately after shouldering the rifle.

- you can attach a small red dot if yiu have the mount for it, like a Docter sight

It is a bit heavy, though. But honestly a great sight for rifles, DMRs and sniper rifles.

http://www.khmountain.com/airsoft/product_info.php?products_id=2968

• Like 3

Cheers will get one ordered, what about the mount/rings will check same sight, any other recommendations?

Edit: Found it

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/bf-larue-spr15-30mm-dual-qd-scope-mount.html

I assume that scope on KH Mountain is a 30mm Tube yes?

Edited by BigAl

I emailed KH Mountain about a week ago about the Visionking, and they told me they were OOS.  Cheapest place I found was Aliexpress, $80 shipped, but from a seller with no feed back, so I decided to get it from Airsoftglobal, who has it for $67.  Just got the scope in today, and the scope completely matches chas' description.  It is indeed a 30mm tube.  Anyone know what killflash it's compatible with?

Heres one you dont see... ever! ( think I have seen it once actually )

G&P Colt M635 9mm SMG - KAC Silenced version

This is just a mock up at the moment, but the gearbox is nearly finished.

Ontop is a real trijicon with ar carry handle mount. All is for sale too!!

e8636878-ada3-4b38-b597-4c07a76ec72f_zps

• Like 2

Cheers will get one ordered, what about the mount/rings will check same sight, any other recommendations?

Edit: Found it

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/bf-larue-spr15-30mm-dual-qd-scope-mount.html

I assume that scope on KH Mountain is a 30mm Tube yes?

Yeah, it's 30mm. I got a fake LaRue SPR mount, as the sight was mainly intended for my Dboys Scar-H.

I emailed KH Mountain about a week ago about the Visionking, and they told me they were OOS.  Cheapest place I found was Aliexpress, $80 shipped, but from a seller with no feed back, so I decided to get it from Airsoftglobal, who has it for $67.  Just got the scope in today, and the scope completely matches chas' description.  It is indeed a 30mm tube.  Anyone know what killflash it's compatible with?

I dont have a proper killflash, but I used the big scope cover rings to hold a piece of stocking over the lens, for protection of the glass, more than killing reflection.

• Like 1

That is a weird, weird looking gun. Information about it is scarce online but it looks like it was a joint KAC/Colt project for the DEA?

If you're interested in history of the AR-15, I highly recommend the two Black Rifle series of books. Volume 1 ends at the initial development of the M4 and volume two picks up with the development of the M16A2 through the SOCOM M4A1's. They both cover very obscure models in incredible detail, including Colt SMG Project, T44, AR-1, ACR, etc. A lot of good information, photos, and diagrams.

Edited by BaBaBooey
  • Like 1

From what I've heard about how unfailingly reliable and advanced the LM4 is, and from my experience with high-end WAs, I think you might be making a mistake. The Inokatsu-length WAs are hands-down the most realistic airsoft guns out there, but they're finicky to tune and if you don't tune them properly, they don't work well at all. From what I've heard the much less realistic LM4 is a much more forgiving skirmish gun.

Edited by PureSilver

From what I've heard about how unfailingly reliable and advanced the LM4 is, and from my experience with high-end WAs, I think you might be making a mistake. The Inokatsu-length WAs are hands-down the most realistic airsoft guns out there, but they're finicky to tune and if you don't tune them properly, they don't work well at all. From what I've heard the much less realistic LM4 is a much more forgiving skirmish gun.

To be honest, I think as with all gas guns, a lot of it is user experience.

For example, this is my 5th G&P WA System gun - All of them have worked absolutely fine, no issues at all. I've had to tweak the hop on a couple, but honestly other than that I've never had the slightest hint of a problem. Mine have always worked well, I'm yet to wear a Bolt carrier into an unuseable condition, nothing breaks, etc etc. I'd say when it comes to the WA system, you need to simply get the right combination of parts. In my experience that combination is everything G&P, except for the RA-Tech red hop rubber, which I've found to be grippy enough to sling .3's. People often seem to think an aluminium nozzle, or an NPAS, or other such doo-dads are a necessity when they're simply not. Low power valves are available for the G&P nozzle - My MRP came with one factory fitted, and it touches 335 on a very hot day, and 310 on an average day on a 10.5 barrel - Perfect candidate for a tightbore. 

Magazines are the WA System's biggest flaw - Again though, I've owned a total of 12 G&P Pmags - My original set of 7 are in the hands of a good friend and have never sprung a leak that couldn't be easily fixed with a rebuild and a clean/lube, and my current 5 are flawless as well. 

I've also had a lot more success utilising the WA System in cold weather - Keeping mags under the vest, I can operate a G&P WOC with a standard G&P BCG in around 5c, as long as I rotate the mags when they've been out in the air for 10 minutes.

My experience of the KWA however hasn't been as good - For a start, the externals, while functional and built well, don't begin to compare in structural strength of the upper, finish, looks or available options as well as a few aspects of R/S Compatibility. My KWA LM4 also suffered an issue in anything less than around 12c, where the trigger pull would lead to a hiss, and the firing cycle being delayed by anywhere from 1-5 seconds. 

What I'll say is this - The KWA is a fantastic system, but it DOES have it's niggles. My particular gun *may* have been a little bit of a lemon, but there are a few cons to the KWA system, as with any other. The WA system is a *badgeress* when it comes to magazines - And when you start fiddling parts around, you'll begin to see compatibility and tolerance issues coming up. 

The best thing you can do with a GBBR, whether G&P, KWA, WE or any other brand, is to keep it as close to stock as possible - Make sure you can source manufacturer produced spares for your chosen gun, make sure you know what magazines are good and how to maintain them, and keep anything metal out of the nozzle system if you can avoid it, especially in the WA System.

I've had nothing but pleasant experiences with G&P WOC's, and I'm probably G&P's most loyal fan as a result; At the same time, I know that experience hasn't held true for everyone else.

There's no such thing as a perfect GBBR system - It's all dependent on what you want out of the gun, how much work you're willing to put in, your knowledge of the system's foibles, patience, and critically, the availability of reliable mags and STOCK spare parts.

Hell, CK's WOC-X, the one with the Omega rail, functions beautifully - Crisp cycle, flings a .3 absolutely fine and runs without issue on my Pmags. It'll get steel guts and a Prime/RS sized receiver eventually, but for now I can't fault it. Lovely little gun.

Like I said though, each to their own - I won't knock any of the common AR GIM Systems, because I've owned them all, bar the KJ Works. The G&P built WA system is my choice for the reasons I've mentioned above, but I won't knock the KWA or WE or KJW (the only one I haven't owned).

Also, edit because Picture thread - Repositioned the gas block, clipped the rail pin and added a gas tube and found a screw for my other set of sights;

Newwoc1.jpg

Edited by hwagan
  • Like 2

That is a weird, weird looking gun. Information about it is scarce online but it looks like it was a joint KAC/Colt project for the DEA?

Spot on, ive only found a handful of images on this rifle.

It was a silenced version, designed to kill muzzle flash when the DEA raided drug factories.

Some cracking pics of DEA/SWAT using the standard m635, I havent found any pics of this in use yet.