AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

Thanks Mate :).
Well, I like it too ;). It looks good, shoots very well, I would say surprisingly well considering its just standard AEG with quite cheap JBU inner barrel.
Only things that's started to bother me is... mk18 rail. I quess I'm starting to get bored about it ;) and it's heavy. I have no intention to sell it back, but Midwest Industries 9 or 10 inch long SS-series tube could be interesting temporary replacement. After all that's what's cool about AR. You can change handguard and what You get is differently looking gun... ;) And then You got bored and then... ;)

• Like 2
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Retiring a couple of my old blasters, thought I'd memorialize them on this thread. :)

9817170876_8ae710bbe6_c.jpg
JG MOE by ctoverwatch, on Flickr

A Jing Gong M4A1 GBBR. It was fun while the bolt catch lasted. :) Still works actually, on AGM mags only.

9817144114_c6732c91ed_c.jpg

A custom build, made out of just about every mid to low end WA-compatible parts maker you can think of.  Which is probably why I could never get it to skirmishable level. :|

• Like 1

Predicament time. 

Due to the suppressor and the muzzle brake's fitment, I can't fit this on a 14.5" barrel with a 12" RIS OR an 11.5" barrel with a 9" RIS. Both are too short, so I might order a 1" Madbull extension. On paper, it works. Opinions?

IMGP1769_zpsdd38c61c.jpg

IMGP1768_zps14dd467a.jpg

Edited by Leon Kennedy
  • Like 4

I bought a 2" barrel extension by MadBull and it fits the standard -14mm threading. Unfortunately, an inner barrel did not initially fit through the extension but it was an easy fix with some filing of the inside. I do not know whether or not the 1" extension will be the same.

The material seems quite strong and sturdy even though it weighs next to nothing. It did make a screeching noise when I screwed it onto my outer barrel, but I cannot identify any damage nor does it wobble at all when properly screwed on. 

Your M4 looks great as it is, methinks.

Those aren't options because I don't own them. D: I like the RIS II, so I just need to pick one and then source a 2" extension. Shipping on them everywhere is more than the part itself...

Edited by Leon Kennedy

@Leon

I was in a similar predicament as you a few months ago - I do my best to make sure parts really fit together. I dont know details about your budget or resources but plan C is ~$40 and 10-60 minutes of work depending on your tools. IMHO given the level of personal detail in your AEG, this could be right up your alley. That or Im just nuts.

Anywho... Get an appropriately sized Madbull Daniel Defense barrel, sold by other retailers simply as Madbull adjustable barrels, that is made up of two parts. The first part is the portion that goes into the upper receiver and is held in place by the barrel nut. The second portion is the 90% of the barrel that fits in the former and is held by *very* tight tolerances and a set screw. The beauty of this is you can cut up to 4" off the barrel (varies by barrel) at the receiver end making any marks invisible after the barrel is re-assembled. You even have about 8mm of play in there to make some conservative cuts. Its an easy process if you have a compound saw or band saw. Probably going more towards the 60 minute estimate if you go at it with a handsaw or dremmel.

TL;DR: Pick the rail that suits you and your play style better, get a barrel that is one size bigger, then chop it the *fruitcage* back down.

Pics after appeasing my CDO:

l0xa.jpg

g37z.jpg

igb5.jpg

Toodles :)

• Like 2

Just got back my Marui tracer unit from being Cerkoted by wwgunsinc.com , Much better than the stock cheap looking Marui finish.

81k4.jpg

VFC Colt Body + Internal
RIS2 in black.
Inforce APL light
Larue M68 Mount
Bravo B5 stock
Daniel Defense from Sight
Knights Armament 600m rear sight
VFC KAC Trigger Guard

Just waiting for a MOE Grip.

Edited by fiddlesticks4220
  • Like 3

Yes, that's right.
Discharge of the gun here is attained.

A spring system differs in M4 here from "HK416c."

The steel bolt made from RA-Tech is cut, and, in addition, the buffer and the spring are reduced short.

The buffer tube cut the buffer tube for GBB, and has closed and attached the rear so that the folding stock for AEG can be used.

1235887_1419841984909397_1168034081_n.jp

• Like 2