AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

Yeah. Cerakote time :).
So, my Cerakote DIY once again. Hope to make it like South Park the movie - bigger, longer and uncut ;) - by the end of this year with 12.0 rail. No, not from You Ivan ;). I've found a... donnor.
Untill then:

8947135565_48ac2af9f8_b.jpg

Edited by MRF
  • Like 5
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

aed336cd-a847-45b4-b1a3-6509bda50aaf_zps

Quick mockup. Barrel extension is coming soon so the suppressor can actually be attached. It's just floating now. I'll get better pictures sometime. I'm selling the Mk18 RIS that was on it, as well as a 11.5" G&P barrel.

Edited by Leon Kennedy
  • Like 3

My Block II CQBRish build with Big Dragon M4-2000 AAC can.
In all it's glory - well, almost glory, because those suffers from some issues. For example grooves on my FH prongs are a bit off symmetry, so I plan to replace it with PTS one in the future. Or... I will sell whole set anyway... It looks cool but in fact I bought it for the look (and price), so I don't feel any urge to use it ;).
As for silencer itself, I believe its quality is almost the same as PTS copy. Quite impressive, considering the price which is around ~40$. But I don't recommend any direct purchase from HK, because threads on FH may be off spec too and differ from one unit to another (well, ACM QC), so it's much more safe to have any opportunity to check it in store personally.
9979217165_90d392cc5d_b.jpg

Markings on silencer - surprisingly crisp and sharp. And no spelling errors ;).
9979345553_345b712132_b.jpg

Edited by MRF
  • Like 3

I apologies for cluttering up this beautiful thread with my idiocy , but if anyone would like to inform me how to make a photo appear like all the big boys have done from photobucket it would be much appreciated. Ta.

At photobucket, find the image you want, copy the  "direct" link, come back to the forum page, 

click "image"  with the reply to topic section, paste image link :)

• Like 1

No...new [Mk. 18 Mod. 0s] have 14.5" SOCOM barrles with A2/M4 lower

Sorry if it's something obvious - but if it's got a 14.5" barrel, an M4A1 lower receiver, and a KAC M4 RAS, what differentiates that rifle from, say, a regular M4A1 SOPMOD? Just the engraving on the right-hand side of the receiver?

Sorry if it's something obvious - but if it's got a 14.5" barrel, an M4A1 lower receiver, and a KAC M4 RAS, what differentiates that rifle from, say, a regular M4A1 SOPMOD? Just the engraving on the right-hand side of the receiver?

Good question - my understanding based on a number of periodicals is that LM&T was the sole source provider of complete Mk18 Mod0 uppers (not just the upper receiver, but the bolt and bolt carrier were designed by Karl Lewis and not a Colt design). I've never seen one of these in person, so I have no clue as to who makes the other components (e.g. the FSB, barrel, etc.). I'm under the impression the stock is also made by LM&T with six positions (not four), but similar in appearance to the SOCOM Buttstock made by Crane (the "Crane Stock").

Otherwise, they very well may be similar to the SOPMOD Enhanced Carbine. I'm really not sure...

As emp3ror86 says, it must be just a 14.5" upper in a M16A1 lower from an early Mk18, since "Mk18" is just the Navy designation for the short guns.

Good question - my understanding based on a number of periodicals is that LM&T was the sole source provider of complete Mk18 Mod0 uppers (not just the upper receiver, but the bolt and bolt carrier were designed by Karl Lewis and not a Colt design). I've never seen one of these in person, so I have no clue as to who makes the other components (e.g. the FSB, barrel, etc.). I'm under the impression the stock is also made by LM&T with six positions (not four), but similar in appearance to the SOCOM Buttstock made by Crane (the "Crane Stock").

There has been flamewars in other (real steel) forums about the existence of LMT uppers or complete guns, but so far nobody has provided photos or proof of anything other that Colt uppers and lowers. It seems LMT just made the stock supplied by Crane NSW, and that seems the origin of the confusion.

• Like 1