AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

hwagan: I sure hope there will be a law that forbits things like that :wide-eyed:

I thrive on despair :P

Seriously though, i quite like it. It's really light and the sight picture is nice. Still, it's a temporary thing, i should have some RS handguards on it soon and it'll be back to a good ol' 733.

Here's my work in-progress:

DSC00382.jpg

I got the Noveske 10.5" outer barrel by Madbull, now I have decided I need a 12.5" barrel for this. Have a Magpul VG for it and also want to add MBUIS. Just wanted to Go for a Magpul Noveske theme Also it needs some internal work hence wires sticking out. Its a tight fit getting the wires out the front. Any suggestions for making the Peq a little nicer/rugged? maybe like some personal mods. It dosnt stay shut very well and the plug where the wires come out dosnt stay very well either. Would just do a Lipo in the back but its not a real UBr :( No funds atm to get internals fixed or maybe get a tru UBR an do a lipo on the back.

Oh also any suggestions on the optic? not set on what i want to put on there

Edited by FHairsoft1

What did you use to do that paint? I like knowing the colors/techniques people use, and that looks awesome.

I used Krylon Camouflage tan, brown and green. I also used Rustoleum Camouflage brown.

I cut a small section of digital squares, then based with tan. Used the stencil with brown, green dusted the whole weapon with tan and green. Then Rustoleum brown dusting with the stencil again. Took about 40 mins with dry time.

Edited by Fatal