AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

Thanks Master Yoda

The Rail is a Pain in the A**E to install thou, and I couldn't install the gas tube/block since the hole on the body does not align with the rest.

Washers, washers my Friend.

The same here, but I wouldn't call it a pain in the a$$ :). After all airsoft is not about being easy... ;)

Edited by MRF
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Really depends on the loadout, for something with an element of ghillie going on and really trying to hide away in the earth and whatever foliage is around I like the look of that sort of impromptu weapon cover.  Seems, to me anyway, reminiscent of the sort of thing a sniper's spotter might have.

End of the day, whatever works on the field.  Not like you can't whip it off in about 10 seconds.

Edited by CKinnerley

Cmon, some old skool here?
Both are G&P

The M16A1 was an A3 but I got an A1 slabside body though the upper and lower did not fit (g&p WTF?!?!!) so I'm running with an A1 Upper and an A3 Lower, gonna get that *suitcase* painted anyways, Armalites loves them paint

M203 is G&P too, with an Blank Firing Adapter, It was inspiered by SAS Survival secrets and for my SAS kit.

The Colt 653 known as "Menosar" by the IDF has a Dboys m203 and an old classic army xenon flashlight mounted on the barrel, the stock has the elastic bands seen and used by IDF and the sling is also something IDF'ish.

Although IDF inspired I'm still gonna use it for my SAS kit for CQB games (hence lower FPS and flashlight)

1957870_10202899962516018_2021348809_o.j

10010694_10202899962476017_392085160_o.j

What do you guys think?!

• Like 3

It's even nicer than I thought it'd be, the receiver is utterly amazing!

Hwagan, KAC-"hoe" much? :P

I'm slightly more of an LMT hoe. But only very slightly :P

Oh, and DFM - Check about 3-4 pages back man, there was a big discussion - It's the unbranded chinese clone, but it's held up to around 5,000 rounds of GBBR recoil so far, the dot is crystal clear, it's solid as a rock, the battery life is fantastic, and a fair few of us with the same sight have agreed that it's about the best ACM red dot to date. Really is an awesome thing.

Edited by hwagan

Robinio isn't that an M16 upper? Surely an A1 would have the Forward assist?

Yeah, You're right, not the A1 but the M16, It was named VN however on the package but I guess that means M16 since A1s came after Nam.

Edited by Robinio

So today I went and did some shopping~

photo11_zpsa8da98c1.jpg

All of these are 2nd hand and wala :D

photo2_zps8c41145e.jpg

photo3_zpsc1bb3e7b.jpg

photo4_zps19e3d1d9.jpg

photo1_zps232e13cb.jpg

Spent 95USD for everything (50USD for the gun, 25USD for the rail and 20USD on the Eotech) +/- 10USD shown on the gun... and there are work that still need to be done to it such as new inner barrel, fix the no single fire issue and rewire the gearbox so it's a rear wired.

Now, would like some of your expertise here, the guy who sold me this gun told me the gearbox is King Arms, which it is. Front End is CA (swapped with a KA LaRue 9'') and so is the stock. However, he told me that he doesn't know what brand the metal body is, and the mag well is also very lose...

So if anyone know the answer then that would be awesome :D

IIRC that body might be either Zeke or HurricanE, the Right side Restricted Law Enforcment/Military Trades definately ring a bell.

Edited by BigAl

Thanks BigAI

But i think it could be a China Made, well, either way, I have the gearbox opened up and it's ready to be upgraded > :D

SO EXCITED.

G&P have done very similar bodies as well, exactly those markings but G&P's don't come with the screw pins, although they could easily be replacements - How does the upper mount? Is it front pin secures the upper, rear pin secures the gearbox? Either way, damn nice for the money you paid! :P