AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Regarding the Madbull MK18 9.5" rail and the Madbull Gemtech G5 compensator and G5 supressor.

I'm planing on using the Gemtech G5 supressor but will there be enought space for the supressor to be pressed back and turned for attachment?

It don't seems like there is a lot of space from the backend of the flash hider to where the rail begin...

Any experince regaring this anyone?

Do you mean THIS ?

Nope.

BD version seems to be "blank" in terms of the trades. I meant this: 

http://www.rsov.com/product.php?langId=1&currencyId=2&manufacturerId=10&prodId=19430&cateId=79

You can find a picture here, where trades are blured. But definitely they ARE. And in contrary to Madbull keymod slots are everywhere they should be.

And..."URX IV" ;). Yeah, right ;).

I realised the other day that the mount I was using prior to the fake Larue one was actually a little more solid and functioned exactly as I required it to, but I refused to take a picture with it on the gun because it was a chunky old 30mm Aimpoint mount and looked horrible. I felt shame for using it in a game, like, genuine shame.

WHAT HAVE I BECOME.

Anyway, proper mount.

2hs7wg0.jpg

2ppa8zn.jpg

• Like 5

Here's the how the thing started...

..... and viola!

Awesome.  For a while I was stumped on the system and when I found out I kicked myself because I knew that slightly-blue hint to the receivers was WE.  Great choice of selectors and the umbrella grip.

I think the lack of a 2x replica will cause some people to find it odd just because it's 'different' and there's so many thousands of 4x replicas out there in airsoft which everyone's accustomed to, but realistically it's one the very best options there is for a bb-slinger.

I really don't like that mini-ACOG. But the rest of the rifle is drool-worthy. Very nice.

I agree it look kinda weird and I could even think of my any other T-branded glass would look better on this gun.

In fact it was planned to be put on a SCAR à la MM, together with a DBAL....... IF G&P made their copy in matte-metallic-greenish-grey flavor; And it just happens to be sitting inside the case, hanging around at my workplace, so that's it.

Awesome.  For a while I was stumped on the system and when I found out I kicked myself because I knew that slightly-blue hint to the receivers was WE.  Great choice of selectors and the umbrella grip.

I think the lack of a 2x replica will cause some people to find it odd just because it's 'different' and there's so many thousands of 4x replicas out there in airsoft which everyone's accustomed to, but realistically it's one the very best options there is for a bb-slinger.

Actually it's a known as Prime Black :P, and a known issue as the color lightens and shows a blue shade for aged kits.

For the record, the optik is 1.5x model and I've scratched my head for YEARS why there aren't any /many replicas of lower powered models.

It's small but huge... I mean a small body with huge view, almost unlimited eye-relief unlike any other ACOGs, and pretty much invisible scope body circle while aiming.

BTW I've been using a low power zoom scope for few years and I found myself sticking to lowest to 2x zoom, so I would say a 1.5 or 2x fixed power scope would work really well for most 6mm cal. usage.

Here's the how the thing started...

I then blackened the bolt...

... and forward assist

Modded the disconnector to accommodate a Crusader VFC BAD-*albatross* Selector

I also fitted a PTS Raptor Charging Handle ( for PTW )

..... and viola!

Check out the album for more pics, cheers!

My favourite part of that is actually the blue baseplate.. It's a really nice gun all round, but that blue baseplate on the Pmag is a really nice finishing touch.

• Like 1