AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel in terms of re-doing my TM rifles.  This one still has the most to change left to make, but it's in a state fit for public consumption at this moment so I took the chance to get pictures.

14252899893_75478a5ca4_b.jpg

14235648522_b45cfa42f9_b.jpg

From the barrel nut backwards I'm pretty much happy, but the barrel, handguards and gas block still need varying forms of attention.

• Like 2

I quite like that as is, 12'' barrel with 9'' foregrip? Looks like it has the right amount of balance for a 'all venues' gun with just enough rail for the essientials without the whole front end being weighed down (I know most modern rails are pretty light but I've got some orrible JBU Olympic Arms tubular RAS units that weigh a tonne for what they are).

GBBR?

Began as an old Tokyo Marui, now it's just an assortment of aftermarket parts held together with Krylon.  I've dabbled in other platforms but this is my proven workhorse, and I rarely use anything else.

SDC10780.JPG

Might convert the spare upper to 14" and slap an M320 on it, any other ideas?  

• Like 1

I quite like that as is, 12'' barrel with 9'' foregrip? Looks like it has the right amount of balance for a 'all venues' gun with just enough rail for the essientials without the whole front end being weighed down (I know most modern rails are pretty light but I've got some orrible JBU Olympic Arms tubular RAS units that weigh a tonne for what they are).

Either 12 or 12.5, mid-length gas system yes.  I'd agree very much that the barrel length makes an ideal all-rounder, not nearly so hard to manoeuvre in really tight spaces as a 14.5 while being that bit more accurate outdoors vs a 10.5.  It's a shame the lack of military usage combined with SBR laws mean it's very uncommon in RS and that's carried over to airsoft, though G&G did release a pair of AEGs just recently which was good to see.

Unfortunately the gas block/front sight does add a lot of weight once you add in the factor of its' location, so with the drop-in KeyMod handguard I've got waiting to go on I think I'll be able to keep the overall weight just the same (possibly with better distribution) after switching to a no-BUIS setup with a nice low profile block.

Edited by CKinnerley

My VFC M4. It started out as a Knights SR-15E3 but I changed around a few parts. I love the way it looks, runs, and feels. Still, I've been thinking about letting it go to a new home, but perhaps not. 

Looks hot, although I really don't like two point slings. That's about the only thing I would change if that were mine.

post-97105-0-82564100-1401175590_thumb.jpg

I actually started out using two points and I hated them. Once I switched to single point slings I loved that design but I always wanted to be able to transition between single and two point sling configurations, so I bought the VTAC sling and was going to add sling mounting hooks that allowed me to use it as a MagPul sling. Though, when I attached it as I have it now in the pictures, I love the way it is and the quick adjust feature of the VTAC sling is fantastic. 

I've been running the sling like this for over a year and I am now using similar sling configurations on all my rifles. I still understand what you mean though.

Nice rifle, I love the paint job especially!

Nice rifle, I love the paint job especially!

Thanks. It looks even better now because I redid the silencer but I haven't had the chance to take proper outside pictures because I literally live in the middle of Amsterdam... This weekend though :)

Still, I've been thinking about letting it go to a new home, but perhaps not. 

Split it, sell me the rail and barrel. I've already bought like half the stuff you've sold, so why not more?  :D

Also, I used to love 1-pt slings, but I kept getting smacked in the nuts whenever I transitioned. I stick with 2-pt now, but to each his own!

Edited by Leon Kennedy