AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

Not seen it used for that, but searching for 'the' use for the Warsport bungee is kinda pointless, it's like the shemagh/headover of the rifle world.  BCM/HSP posted up some nice shots of KMR equipped ARs using them a while back, utilised to tie down cables for remote switches on PEQs and lights etc, that's what sparked my interest personally.  But my AEG with a KMR doesn't even have a SureFire or PEQ (prefer the WML or pistol lights these days) I just like the extra bit of grip and surface contouring, plus aesthetics of course.

TL;DR - becoz ayrsuft bro

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Small update to my fiancée's SBR. Forgive me the lowly phone pics.

New light setup, muzzle device and suppressor. I need to tie back the shock cords to keep the switch cable secure, but I was too lazy to do that.

It still lacks a proper stock, optic, inner barrel and some internal work on the hopup and the fire selector.

post-60763-0-47015100-1415082571_thumb.jpg

post-60763-0-89630800-1415082578_thumb.jpg

Since I could not find an M4-2000 can yet, I gave a try to a PTS Griffin one. Sadly it does not suit this build as good as the AAC but the M4SDII is a great product nevertheless.

Compared to an AAC LW version, there are improvements:

- Paint seems to be thicker. (But too shiny.)

- The internal spring is a much longer and therefore stronger one. The fake baffle now is less likely to bounce inside the can.

- Quality is great.

- I had to put a small o-ring around my PTS Blackout flashhider to make the can seat better on it. Surprisingly my PTS can works much better with an Iron Airsoft Outbreak. The M4SDII seated and locked onto my Crusader Tech BCE 1.0 compensator like a dream, no tinkering was necessary. No wooble, no movement. I can only recommend that product.

Iron Airsoft Outbreak (with the previous light config):

post-60763-0-14674900-1415082584_thumb.jpg

(Posting pictures here is a real PITA.)

Edited by emp3ror86

Got my parts back from the Cerakoters to finish most of the externals on my P* build. This is MilSpec OD Green. Very happy with how it's come out. This one has been at least a 2 year project to get it how I want it. I've got one more thing to add to it before it's finished totally. Shouldn't change how it looks too much though, will be integrally suppressed correctly with baffles to make it even quieter. I am a VERY happy chap right now. 

EDIT: Just noticed the M600 tape switch is coming off slightly and I've forgotten to cable tie the wires back nice and neat! Use your imaginations!

5joxPet.jpg

p5xkMmm.jpg

Edited by DeltaZero
  • Like 4

Thats MilSpec OD Green pal - H-240Q

You're right it would be nice if someone did but I wasn't really going down the honey badger look, I wanted something light and compact I could easily lug around. It was originally using a 11" NSR but unfortunately I've been dictated to need a 15" minimum inner barrel for my project so until thats finished this is a mock up to get me used to playing with that sort of length. 

it was mostly my own fault. but it it was any other lower, it wouldn't have cut me. 

im just of the crowed that if i have to wear gloves to use a particular rig, i won't use it. i have had gloves fail on me in a scrimmage and had to play the rest of the day without them and then there are those days where you just forget to bring them.

Well, not exactly matching for picture thread, but sometimes we discuss here matters other than pics.
Painfull example of the truth about airsoft AR receiver prices, through RS sample - please note the material and technology of production, and of course the price, and compare it to airsoft $hit.

http://gearscout.militarytimes.com/2014/11/08/bushmaster-stripped-lowers-for-50-from-brownells/#prettyPhoto

I need a drink...