AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Very nicely done. The only issues I have with it are mostly personal preference.

-VFG that far back is a pain if you use a thumb break grip

-left side rail looks pretty bare without a cover

That and the colors are all kinda funky, but mine's the same way so I can't really say anything about that. Looks sweet! Very accurate. I especially like the A1 grip. That looks so comfy and makes me jealous.

Edited by validtumoralarm

I take it real? Or are there clones available?

There *have* been cheaper clones, but Madbull do them these days; http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=TRX

Originally Dytac, and an ACM company called MIC did them - I picked up a 7.2" MIC one and it was a drop in fit on a G&P upper as well as being very nicely finished and made. Unfortunately, they dissapeared from Ehobby 2 weeks after I bought one :( Haven't seen one of the MB ones though, so can't comment on how good or not they are.

*edit* Dunno if Animal's is real or a copy obviously, but it does look nice :P

Edited by hwagan

Grindstone, I just installed the MB TRX 9" on my Avalon BCM4 and I must say it is a very good replica and unbelievably light for a metal rail.

Having said I would never buy another MB front end again due to off spec rails, I'm quite chuffed with this purchase, just waiting for a 41B to come to finish it off, pics soon.

• Like 1

This is probably my first ever moderately successful attempt at taking a relatively nice picture of something in the dark - G&P WOC now with added T-1.

P1010865.jpg

P1010866.jpg

*edit* Also, if anyone's in the UK - The sights are £14.99 for the front and rear at Wolf in Black or Tan - For £15, there's just no reason not to buy a set. Really surprisingly nice replicas of ARMS 71's with trades and everything!

Edited by hwagan

If I recall a real Troy TRX rail isn't much more expensive than the Madbull

About $20-$60 up. Really a better choice considering how shoddy some of the Madbulls are. Maybe I'm unlucky, but my DD Omega and DD Lite both had some really bad seams.

Edited by Leon Kennedy

Hwagan, is that a G&P T1 replica? have you tested it in day light? how good is it? :)

Tis indeed dude - I in fact reviewed the first one I purchased a while ago, see here;

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/179613-the-gp-t-1-micro-aimpoint-replica/

I've had a fair few of them pass through my hands since they appeared and seen many more. They're fantastic to be honest. Holds zero and doesn't bat an eyelid at the kick of a WE G39 or a G&P WOC. Tough, excellent value for money, good battery life... I'd honestly say when it comes down to it, they're about the most sensible, practical sighting device an Airsofter can buy. Easily bright enough in daylight, dim enough to use in pitch black on the lowest setting... Can't really go on enough about how much I love these things. The only reason I ever sell them is because people buy them quickly and I have a habit of spending all my money before payday.

*edit* Also, www.fire-support.co.uk are selling the very package I bought - G&P T1 on a QD high mount with a kill-flash and the standard rail mount for £54.

Edited by hwagan

I have a G&P micro t-1 and it's really good for indoors and overcast areas, horrible for bright sunlight. I can barely see the dot at all when I play in sunny areas. I ended up changing to a compm2 instead which works great, too bad cause the t1 looks great and it weighs nothing.

Edited by akiraspeedstar

I've had a fair few of them pass through my hands since they appeared and seen many more. They're fantastic to be honest. Holds zero and doesn't bat an eyelid at the kick of a WE G39 or a G&P WOC. Tough, excellent value for money, good battery life... I'd honestly say when it comes down to it, they're about the most sensible, practical sighting device an Airsofter can buy. Easily bright enough in daylight, dim enough to use in pitch black on the lowest setting... Can't really go on enough about how much I love these things. The only reason I ever sell them is because people buy them quickly and I have a habit of spending all my money before payday.

Thanks mate, I asked cause here in Spain bright sunny days are... well... VERY bright sunny days and very rare replicas can keep up. My G&P COMP2 replica does, but I think its mainly due to the killflash I added which gives a bit of shadow... will give a bit of thought and decide between the G&P pack and a clone with 11 intensity settings...

Thanks for your imput too, Akiraspeedster

Decisions decisitions...

My Noveske N4 PStar with three uppers. I got rid of all of my AEGs except for a KA Colt I won at Lion Claws: X as my back-up.

IMG_3720.jpg

IMG_3721.jpg

This I've never done. I've built an SBR upper using old school tactical rails from the early 2000s, a Troy 7" MRF-CX... they sure don't make em like they used to. I've never used an SBR before, so far I like it A LOT!

IMG_3717.jpg

IMG_3719.jpg

• Like 1

I have a G&P micro t-1 and it's really good for indoors and overcast areas, horrible for bright sunlight. I can barely see the dot at all when I play in sunny areas. I ended up changing to a compm2 instead which works great, too bad cause the t1 looks great and it weighs nothing.

I must have had 6 or 7 of the things and they've all been plenty bright for your average sunny day in England. Which, saying that, isn't too sunny... Still, I can see the dot clearly when it's a cloud free sky in the midst of summer, and I often don't use the highest setting in such conditions, with or without a killflash. What kind of environment do you play in? I'm on a woodland field, so it's all grass and trees and the like reflecting light; Possibly the reason? I can imagine if you're playing in an area full of light concrete or sand it might not be as effective?

Thanks mate, I asked cause here in Spain bright sunny days are... well... VERY bright sunny days and very rare replicas can keep up. My G&P COMP2 replica does, but I think its mainly due to the killflash I added which gives a bit of shadow... will give a bit of thought and decide between the G&P pack and a clone with 11 intensity settings...

Thanks for your imput too, Akiraspeedster

Decisions decisitions...

I'll try and get a few pictures of the dot on a sunny day if I get the chance; It's *meant* to be quite sunny on Saturday so I'll give it a go then if it is. Still, I've never found it not bright enough on plenty of really sunny days. Although I can imagine in Spain, especially in a sandy or dry area, it's probably a fair bit brighter out than in the UK.