AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

And you made me decide on the big RIS 2

They really aren't that big tbh, only the same length as a standard M4A1 (but with more useable space), is just the profile of the rail that makes them look longer.

I have both the 9" and the 12" and bearly notice the difference between the two in use.

Best new gun day ever.

Switched to the TD grip after I took the pretty outside photos.

Love the sights... They are RS right? Did you buy it like this... I mean with the tritium dots?

Wolf

Edited by wolfgeorge

Love the sights... They are RS right? Did you buy it like this... I mean with the tritium dots?

Wolf

Not RS that I know of; I'll ask the guy I traded what brand they are. I have a RS pair for a RS hog hunting rifle, though, and I can barely tell the difference. The dots aren't Tritium, though; they're just a greenish paint.

Little question.

I've been thinking about building short barreled AR-10 but its upper receiver seem to be a little bit higher than AR-15 one and I doubt if I can attach any airsoft AR-15 RIS replica into its bigger brother upper - at least it looks like that when I look at pictures of SR-25 replicas, where surface of RIS top rail is placed a bit lower comparing to receiver rail.

Please just look at this picture - now I'm a little bit confused, because what I see here is Madbull's Noveske rail (most likely) with top rail being higher...

http://photos.xaviermace.com/images/A_0/3/2/2/32230/IMG_0567_34a83.JPG

Where is the point...

Anyone ?

Amount of Block II CQBR clones, that appeared within last year, makes me thinking of switching on some other rail... PWS maybe... :P.

Agreed. I was previously kinda into the whole Mk18 idea but just seeing them EVERYWHERE has kicked that out of me. Now debating what to do for my next AEG as I prepare to retire my G&P Sentry.

That's what happens when we want " issued rifles" and everyone either runs a sf, ranger or seal kit. Personally I just love the fde and rail space. Plus it's nice to have a replica of the same rs AR I use. Next project is a stubby AR like a 635 or a reg 14.5 AR

That's what happens when we want " issued rifles" and everyone either runs a sf, ranger or seal kit.

I find it funny though sometimes. I mean, your life isn't in danger and you don't have anyone telling you what you *have * to use so you have a lot of liberty when building your weapon system. People will still, however, build rifles using parts they sometimes don't even like, just so that it's "authentic". :rolleyes:

Maybe I should just bite the bullet and cross over to a F2000. :ph34r:

Wouldn't blame you; they're really neat. Also, if you decide to part the Sentry out or sell it, let me know. >_>

Edited by Leon Kennedy

My latest is a black Magpul M4 body with M4A1 carry handle in place and black MOE grip, along with a FDE UBR stock and FDE MOE carbine front end, with illumination kit and tan Element Surefire M951 clone. I like the usability of the carry handle sights. Can't post photos yet, because I just sold my Emags to change over to short Pmags, and they aren't here yet. I'm also waiting for the new flash hider :)

If all you want is a gun that isn't the most common thing in the world... Why are you building AR-15s? Double that for RIS/RAS-equipped military AR-15s? Triple that for carbine length RIS/RAS-equipped military AR-15s sporting 'FDE' or any other shade of just God-damned brown bolt-on parts, and quadruple if said bolt-on equipment is MagPul, La Rue, Daniel Defence, or any other boutique parts maker. You want uncommon, buy the FN2000 suggested above, I'd like to see one used in anger and I hear G&G's is good.

People will still, however, build rifles using parts they sometimes don't even like, just so that it's "authentic". :rolleyes:

The advantage of military-approved combinations of parts is that the ergonomics (the only applicable bit to airsoft) have been approved as part of the exhaustive tests involved in certification. If you're copying a military rifle, you know that some people who have forgotten more about guns than this forum will ever collectively know thought that it was a good idea, and then spent several months asking everyone else if they thought so too before testing it until their fingers fell off. In general I find the weapons cooked up by military boards of approval to be a lot more functional, useful and tasteful than those spawned in the horribly fevered imagination of your average chairsofter. At least in theory military stuff is tested to destruction, examined for function, and then stuck on the rifle and shipped. No-one in a warzone attaches four hundred separate implements to their weapon on the off-chance that they'll need the one that gets a stone out of a horse's hoof, or bothers matching the colour of their optic to their flash-hider. In my opinion, the guns look better for it.

Edited by PureSilver