AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

So at the moment my angled scout mount is stuck to my gun. I just got tired of not using it cause the stock threads stripped and pretty much took a slightly fatter screw and literally threaded the slot in the rail itself. Stripped the head and am to lazy to take a dremel and make a flat head cut.

So the laser in my Peq slightly clips the scout light but is still dead on.

My question

With or without the Peq

BB7F4627-71FB-49EC-BB1A-E147278EECE4-589-000000A4B847AC64.jpg

C474FAB8-B847-4248-846D-770DE6FC2A23-589-000000A4D23BEE07.jpg

34F4D0CF-9A1E-4CC8-A33A-0D28356C5A1E-589-000000A4C236A16F.jpg

A6C4C90A-1965-4EFD-B48A-7F4D7D8F1DE2-589-000000A4DC37289C.jpg

WOW.

You added something... Not black. :D;)

The XPS3 black paint was ugly, and since there were no markings I thought about doing something new. :)

Keep it BLACK! What's the tape on the PEQ-15 for?

You're not my father you can't tell me what to do!! :o

As for the tape: what akiraspeedstar said.

This topic is so much win again. B)

Racingmaniac: what make is that rail on your gun?

Wigs, I like it better without the Peq. And I envy your can.

I am going to post an LM4 CQB-R Block II build soon, too. Waiting for the damn RISII and LM4 spare upper to arrive...

A question to GBBR users. Do you know a replica or other low budget (<100) weapon light that is able to endure the recoil? An Element M600C could not.

Ivan - BTW.

I really like Your MRP. I would even buy another, but I still naively believe Dytac will restart production of VIS uppers, or someone else will ;).

I also wonder what will be the effect of Mega Arms license bought by PTS. I wish it would be the set of licensed MA lower with monolithic upper, but considering they have to stop production of monolithic platforms because of LMT patent rights, it's really hard to count on.

Also there's still so many attractive classic, free float designs... ;)

This topic is so much win again. B)

Racingmaniac: what make is that rail on your gun?

A question to GBBR users. Do you know a replica or other low budget (<100) weapon light that is able to endure the recoil? An Element M600C could not.

Midwest Industries Gen-II SS rail. That one is a 12" version.

Pistol light like TLR-1(~$90, 120lumens IIRC) will easily handle a GBBR, and mounts easily.

I'm realy digging these " slimed down" rails

They really feel nice in hand, and its really something that only AR platform can do since without a piston system and with the recoil spring mechanism being inline the whole front end of the AR is a lot slimmer compare most other platform...