Advice please from a concerned Mum...

paulg1250

Hi there, I so hope someone may be able to help and I'll try and keep it as brief as possible. Our 20 year old son has just taken delivery of a H&K G36K AEG with Recoil Airsoft Rifle as he'd joined a club near where he is based with the RAF in Northumberland, UK. (I sincerely apologise for my ignorance if this has been typed wrong but I'm unfamiliar with the sport) . Our son has been undergoing training for 2 years with the RAF but yesterday got chopped under Military cutbacks (after 2 years of hard work this is how the Military treat our dedicated young men and women by chucking them out after 2 years hard graft!). Aside the huge devastation he feels (and us as his parents) he just cant afford to keep this now. It's brand new and the packaging hasn't even been opened yet as it was only delivered last week to our home address and he just didn't expect the shocking news he got yesterday. The company Wolf Armouries will not consider reimbursment or return as he paid £15 to have it customised Blue. The total value of the order was £497 with the gun at £399 and I was wondering if anyone out there can help or give us advice as to selling it so that he can re-coup his funds. Again I apologise if readers feel this isn't the right arena for this kind of post - I was desperate as his Mum to try and sort it out after pleading with Wolf Armouries this evening. Many thanks for reading :-)

Assuming the gun is a bright blue like this one:

roeclassicarmyak2tonebl.jpg

Then you can sell it to anyone over the age of 18 for whatever price you fancy. Within the rules of the VCRa you can only buy or sell an airsoft gun without defence against the VCRa if it is over 51% brightly coloured (bright blue, green, pink etc).

If you would like to know more about the VCRa there is a section on the website here for it.

Also the model you have is made by Tokyo Marui just in case you were wondering.

'FireKnife'

Hi there, I so hope someone may be able to help and I'll try and keep it as brief as possible. Our 20 year old son has just taken delivery of a H&K G36K AEG with Recoil Airsoft Rifle as he'd joined a club near where he is based with the RAF in Northumberland, UK. (I sincerely apologise for my ignorance if this has been typed wrong but I'm unfamiliar with the sport) . Our son has been undergoing training for 2 years with the RAF but yesterday got chopped under Military cutbacks (after 2 years of hard work this is how the Military treat our dedicated young men and women by chucking them out after 2 years hard graft!). Aside the huge devastation he feels (and us as his parents) he just cant afford to keep this now. It's brand new and the packaging hasn't even been opened yet as it was only delivered last week to our home address and he just didn't expect the shocking news he got yesterday. The company Wolf Armouries will not consider reimbursment or return as he paid £15 to have it customised Blue. The total value of the order was £497 with the gun at £399 and I was wondering if anyone out there can help or give us advice as to selling it so that he can re-coup his funds. Again I apologise if readers feel this isn't the right arena for this kind of post - I was desperate as his Mum to try and sort it out after pleading with Wolf Armouries this evening. Many thanks for reading :-)

If its within a 7 day cooling-off period you can return the rifle for a full refund under the distance selling regulations. If he bought in store or it is outside of this period you or he will need to list it for sale on a forum or at a local skirmish site. As it is two-toned you are able to sell it to anyone over 18.

Call me an old cynic but if mum has registered on this forum to post this plea for help why has she registred as paulg1250. She is not using her sons account as it's the first posting....hmmmm very suspicious me thinks.

A quick eBay check shows a Paulg1250 being very active recently ..... selling things like Tesco clubcard with 1000 points etc.

A feel that this is a simple attempt to get a sale at the best price by tugging on heart strings.

How come you registered today and are trying to dis-credit the original poster? Have you made any airsoft related posts?

Trust me, this person won't be able to sell the aeg in question on here, due to not having a 100 posts or more to access the for sale thread.

Edit Also, just to point out, if you ever have a problem with a post or thread, there is a report button on the post for you to draw the attention of the mod's.

To the OP:

As this is an Airsoft forum, most users here will have some sort of affinity with the military so if indeed your story is true, your son has our commiserations.

However, some users may construe this first post at a very thinly veiled attempt to sell things whilst you have not accrued the necessary constructive post counts to access the sales forums.

My advice, for what it's worth:

Wolf Armouries - was it a condition of sale that when it was two toned, it was clearly stated to your son that no refunds or exchanges allowed? if not, see if you can get hold of Max, the general manager, he's a reasonable chap

Arnies - this is a more mature Airsoft forum so two tone stuff really doesn't sell well here, if at all. As much as it pains me to say so, Zero One may be a better option for you.

Recouping costs: whether Wolf gives you a refund or you manage to sell this on privately, you have to be prepared that you will not recoup 100% of your outlay. Most of the good condition AEG's I sell on here go for around 50% of what I paid for it originally.

Regards.

Zero One may be a better option for you.

Zero In is the forums: www.zeroin.co.uk

I know most people on here and in the airsoft community don't like Zero In but as a place to sell two-tones and other airsoft items it does have the largest community to sell to.

'FireKnife'

How come you registered today and are trying to dis-credit the original poster? Have you made any airsoft related posts?

Trust me, this person won't be able to sell the aeg in question on here, due to not having a 100 posts or more to access the for sale thread.

Edit Also, just to point out, if you ever have a problem with a post or thread, there is a report button on the post for you to draw the attention of the mod's.

I am doing what people do on forums. I have no axe to grind with anyone I just believe that as someone else had highlighted that this may be a veiled attempt to sell on something in a manner that in one way or another is not entirely genuine.

I didn't realise that you have to have a certain number of posts before you can express an opinion or point of view.

You may be surprised to know that this is not the first forum I have been on.

Finally I was not trying to discredit anyone I was challenging the story. If is genuine then I would expect a challenge, a full rebuking and they will receive an apology from me. If not then I stand by what I say.

I am doing what people do on forums. I have no axe to grind with anyone I just believe that as someone else had highlighted that this may be a veiled attempt to sell on something in a manner that in one way or another is not entirely genuine.

I didn't realise that you have to have a certain number of posts before you can express an opinion or point of view.

You may be surprised to know that this is not the first forum I have been on.

Finally I was not trying to discredit anyone I was challenging the story. If is genuine then I would expect a challenge, a full rebuking and they will receive an apology from me. If not then I stand by what I say.

The point I was trying to make, was, you saying thier story doesn't make sense and that you had checked on ebay to see if the same user name was on there. It was also wierd that you chose today to sign up, the same day they had started this post.

Who said you can't have an opinion, unless you had a high post count, thats utter nonsense. When I first signed up on here, it was to talk about airsoft and not wether someones story was creditable.

Seeing as this is an airsoft forum, then you must be an airsofter or interested in airsofting?

The point I was trying to make, was, you saying thier story doesn't make sense and that you had checked on ebay to see if the same user name was on there. It was also wierd that you chose today to sign up, the same day they had started this post.

Who said you can't have an opinion, unless you had a high post count, thats utter nonsense. When I first signed up on here, it was to talk about airsoft and not wether someones story was creditable.

Seeing as this is an airsoft forum, then you must be an airsofter or interested in airsofting?

I apologise if I have not made myself clear. I do not believe the original post and I was challenging it. Simple. Everything else is just hot air.

To close my input on this topic - it's interesting that he/she has not come back challenging me!

I apologise if I have not made myself clear. I do not believe the original post and I was challenging it. Simple. Everything else is just hot air.

To close my input on this topic - it's interesting that he/she has not come back challenging me!

No apology needed. Though you are an airsofter right, as thats the whole point of being on here?

Well I have read the thread replies.......good heavens I posted this simply to get advice from individuals who may be in an arena with some expertise and kindess to offer it (advice and nothing else).....apoloigies for not reviewing the thread ealier, I work, have a husband away and a son 200 miles away fairly distraught and I have no reason to 'tug on emotional heartstrings' . I searched the internet and came across this site and used some initiative with the hope of finding some advice. I also simply used this log on name (oh btw my husband is called Paul!!) so I can remember it ..........so to those who have offered advice many, many thanks. I must add Wolf Industries have return policies and I've no issues with that nor their service, after learning this could not be returned, I was only trying to establish some options and resale advice.

I'm generally considered a very thoughtful and balanced person so I'll throw in this, it doesn't matter if paul1250 is some poor mistreated soldiers mum, or some heartless salesman tying to get the best price, in the end, the price you'll pay for a gun, is the price you'll pay for the gun.

A suggestion I might add is to search around for a set of non-painted furniture to add to the sale to tempt VCRA exempt purchases (it's a right pain sanding down and respraying 2-toned furniture although you will have to read the section on the VCRA to know who you are able to sell too. Second hand AK furniture is fairly easy to come by for little added cost.

WhiteHawkSan, I think you might be confused by the example-picture in the 2nd post. The OP's AEG is a ™ G36k RecoilShock.

The AK was merely used as an example for 2-tone painted AEG's.

As to the OP, I personally suggest to try and find him the first decent job that pays and keep the AEG.

Seeing that he served the army, I'd go security, fire department or police force.

This might sound harsh, but if he'd like to keep on airsofting he WILL be buying this AEG again, or something similar.

What I would try ( and have done so in the past ) is try and get a loan from my parents which covers the costs of the AEG.

Then, I'll repay them as soon as possible ( say I loan £500, I'd repay £100/month for 5 months ).

I sincerely apologise if my post seems rude or offending. I've just been in the same scenario and this is what I've done.

Good luck!

Edit:spelling

I'm not convinced, and if you believe everything that you read on the face of it more fool you. I may be 100% wrong but I will not change my mind on what I' be seen so far.

I know if my credibility had been challenged the way that I did I think my replies would be a lot stronger then what I've read.

I may be a novice airsofter but I am not a novice with people. I deal with all walks from society in the job I do and I am never surprised what some people get up to. Yes I am cynical but I am rarely ripped off.

Before I log off and remove myself from this forum (again this is not directed to those that have left constructive points of view - again thank you) however I do have to say to Joyceslaw, I am a 43 woman who has also 'dealt with all walks of society' and from my extensive experience you would in my view (and having read your comments) benefit from learning that you do not have to become offensive nor challenging to put across a honest point. You clearly lead a cynical life which is of course your perogative and choice.

Archived