Father & Son wanting to try Airsoft in W London

Joyceslaw

Hi all,

as the title says father and son combi looking to have a go at airsoft. I used to shoot firearms in cadets as a kid, I worked up to being the armourer and eventually shot full bore for Europe in the cadets!!! Many many years ago now....:rolleyes:

Anyway back to the topic I bough a .22 air rifle a while back to deal with a couple of rodents (successfully of course - did I tell you that I shot for Europe?) and my 10 yr old wanted to 'have a go'. As expected he loved it but I feel that Airsoft would give him the fuller experience of shooting without any serious risks of harm - so here we are.

We are in W London (we have fields behind us that I might ask the farmer to use for a bit of AS (is it acceptable to abbreviate to AS or is that a big NEGATIVE?) one we are a bit more established) and I am looking for a good venue to go to that's not too hardcore and reasonably close and cheap - any suggestions?

If things go well we (read I) may look to purchase a few second hand M4's.

Anyway hello, thanks for reading and I'll see what replies I get.

RJ

• 4 weeks later...

Hi mate , try here

http://absolute-airsoft.co.uk/index.php

I had been playing for a few years when my son decided he wanted to have a go,

He was 10 too, not many places would accept players that young, but I spoke to the chap (Mark ) who runs Absolute Airsoft - my usual site for the last 3 years- and he said ok.

Craig and I have been playing there for a year now, and whilst it's not a huge place, it has good facilities (flushing loo's, running water, good food etc)

Purchasing Airsoft guns is bit more of a problem due to the VCRA

read this

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=62428

Violent Crime Reduction Act, basically means you have to be able to prove you are a skirmisher or reinactor before you can purchase a "realistic imitation Firearm" or RIF

At it's simplest, this means playing airsoft 3 times in not less than 2 months at a UKARA registered site and getting put onto a database which retailers can check to see if they are allowed to sell you RIF's

any questions about taking young un's out to play airsoft,or Absolute Airsoft, just drop me a line.

Jim

Archived