Sites in the south west?

Andrew March

Well I've moved from Kent to Weston super mare and I am looking for a site near me to play at.

I have checked the airsoft map, which doesn't seem to have been updated since 2008!

The only sites I can find seem to be ultimate airsoft and Bristol magistrates court. If anyone knows any others nearby can they post a link here.

Cheers

In terms of sites you have,

Britsol Court House: Good site and lots of up close.

Ultimate Airsoft: Full of irritating geardos and noobs but the site isn't that bad and sometimes they have good games.

Then if you venture a bit further out you have places like The Mall and even GZ at a push (about 1hr 30mins for each) but really in the South West areathe only still running sites i know are the above.

'FireKnife'

Ultimate airsoft's marshalls are very good and most of the people there aren't geardos or noobs, but there is some every game. Especially one of the main teams.

So by the sounds of it, it has improved since my last visit, which is good to hear.

'FireKnife'

• 2 weeks later...

Do any of you know anything about bath airsoft? They've got a facebook page that's got quite a few pictures of the site and people playing there but i'm finding it quite difficult to find out anything more about it, their website doesn't seem to exist.

i lived near that site for a long time, never seen it played or the facebook page update, also very dubious of the site as having been a boy scout in the area i dam sure theres a public footpath in the bottom corner of the fields they use, which worries me.

Any of you tried any of the UCAP sites?

Plan to at some point when i can get some Bristol guys together and drive down.

Though might have to give Bath a try, just to see how it is, though the lack of an actual site website does faze me in some way as even the ###### poor little sites in Scotland had some form of contact outside of Facebook.

'FireKnife'

Guys, I'm pretty sure Bath Airsoft fails to exist anymore.

Haven't been any facebook updates for AGES, no website, hardly any info on the FB page, I tried both their emails, none work, which suggests they've deleted their emails.

So yeah, not sure they exist anymore.

That and webiste that doesn't exist.

To be honest we have enough decent sites in the area anyway so it really could have easily fallen by the way side.

Fireknife, gimme a shout if you do organise a trip to any of the UCAP sites, i'll do the same if i ever get round to it.

Will do, i am in the Backwell / Nailsea area right next to the train station so if anyone needs to get to mine for a lift should be easy, or i can drive out for enough petrol money :P

'FireKnife'

As a south west player I can recomend the following...

Spec Ops "rock" - Great playing enviroment and a good mix of game type. Much improved since the strict use of chrono's and the banning of a select few.

Spec ops "Blox" - nice woodland site averages 40-60 players a game. Good mix of games and loads of effect pyro's. Nice alternative if you find GZ a bit OTT

UCAP - a little more south than west but a good site. Great marshals and a most amusing site owner!

GZW - Nice bi of woodland and ok for just a melee. Huge numbers and vague missions put me off. Marshaling is also sparse.

GZU - great site with a tight well run structure. Staff are great and games are short. My only complaint would be a lack of senarios if you play there a lot.

As for the court house I'd STRONGLY advise not going of the 10 or so guys I know who have gone none of them were happy. Cheating is the norm! A local regular was blasted twice with moscarts, returned fire and then screamed at my shocked mate to take his hits! Worst bit was a group of them came to my local and were asked to leave at lunch due to cheating!

Just my 2p

I lve in Bristol and would add my support to the Ultimate Airsoft guys out in Thornbury!

Freindly marshals, friendly regulars and a good variety of games!

I have played a couple of games at the Courthouse. I can't comment on any of the cheating, but I do find the site to be a bit small, especially for a whole days plays. I do admit that I have been spoilt playing at the Mall and also UCAP Virus.

Mall is an awesome site, good games and very rarely do they play turn around games so you have a good varied game day.

Have played at Spec Ops "The Rock" cool site, but plays odd as you are either miles away or right ontop of people! Only thing I thought was a bit sketchy was lack of a realy safe zone and also several players, very obviously under 18 using pyro.

Let me know if you want to lift share to either Virus or the Mall!

Later daze

Lee

I'd be up for a trip to the mall definitly, only been there once and it was brilliant. Everything seems a bit lame in comparison :s

I've seen that they do weekend's at UCAP where you play their Virus site on the saturday, camp over night in the abandoned hospital and then play the green ops woodland site on the sunday, sounds pretty sweet.

The courthouse can be really good when its got a decent number on players and the marshals pick the decent games. There's been some "staffing changes" recently which i think have improved the site re: cheating. The very best times i've had at the courthouse have been the special games, look out for their Aliens themed night this halloween.

Well at the courthouse yesterday i did only see a total of 2 issues that arose. One was a player twice did the 'get hit then duck into cover' then got told not to by a marshal. The second was a player that kept accusing me and two other players of overkill when we had all shot him at once as he was the only target and we could all draw a line to him. We all put about 2 shots in him and he just had a rage at us for that.

However i am planning to attend the Mall on the 24th i hope unless i either get some work then or don't have money left after a trip to the GFs :P

'FireKnife'

Overkill can sometimes be a issue at the court house, i've been accused of it, but unfortunatly the nature of site makes it some times difficult to aviod, 4 people comin through a door first is hit then has no where to go as both teams are shooting through the doorway where there stood, the attackers arn't going to stop and the defenders arn't because the attackers are coming in.

One thing that you should consider despite being a little way down from myself is the south wales area. From where I am just above Bristol but even from WSM you should find that the trek over to Wales is surprisingly painless. Dragon Valley Airsoft is pretty much as you step into Wales, just off the motorway.

Whilst we are hovering close to the subject of the 'Ultimate Airsoft' Thornbury site, can somebody please tell the retards down there that being UKARA registered is NOT a legal requirement to purchase and/or create an RIF. The UKARA registration is simply a very good way of proving you are a real-deal airsofter - which can be proved by simply providing details of your recent previous skirmishing and checking with the sites, etc, etc.

I saw a guy with a two-tone gun that had been recently resprayed in black and the marshalling team down there scared the *suitcase* of the kid by saying he was breaking the law and would go to prison for 5 years. Correct me if I am wrong, despite him not being UKARA registered it doesn't matter cos he has been to many previous skirmishes at two different sites, which would provide sufficient evidence that he is a proper airsofter.

Archived