- thin shell ideal for skirmishing in moderate climates

- 6 pockets + two inner chest pockets

- water resistant, NOT PROOF

- morale patch compatible

- arm pocket has hole for threading headphone cord

Cons:

- you get what you pay for and you don't get alot for 55USD shipped

- zippers are garbage and WILL break on you

- stitching doesn't look so great... 6 months and its been ok so far...

- made for moderate climates NOT a jacket for a cold day (layer up)

- zipper cords fell off (cords that attach to zipper for speedy pulls up and down)

- will probably fade if not hand washed and sun dried

Final thoughts

I've had this jacket for over six months now. As I usually mention, you get what you pay for. At $55USD shipped I didn't expect a lot and I got what I expected. I primarily use this jacket as a skirmish jacket. I live in California and can wear this jacket year round but it won't do as well in colder climates i.e. the UK. I remember wearing four shirts in London during Christmas one year... Back on topic, the thin shell works for me well especially at my local indoor venue, CQBcity.com. At medium to long range or 25 - 125ft, the jacket does a good job of absorbing hits to protect my skin from breaking. I also really like the styling and fit of this jacket, which is Asian sized. I've worn the Condor equivalent and the body is too big and the sleeves too long. I sometimes wear this jacket in an everyday role. Its a great jacket for traveling, the pockets come in handy for paperwork and protecting valuables. Just remember to take off patches that can cause offense ;)

Now to the cons of the jacket. The zippers failed within the first six months. The chest and pit zippers broke. Fortunately I went on a mission trip to Vietnam and was able to replace them all for $5USD. A bargain I wouldn't have found in the US or any other 1st World country. So did I actually save any money buying cheap? Nope. My local retailer, Airsoft Extreme offers the Condor Soft Shell for $70USD. Of course that doesn't include shipping and handling. I'm guessing I'd pay at least that 15 dollars to get the zippers repaired. At least... Again the stitching isn't that great either. If you're American sized, I highly recommend the Condor version. You get better overall quality, a brand name you can trust, and a warmer jacket. As for me, I might get a condor sometime as a hiking jacket but I don't really like the fit. For airsofting, I'll stick with my EBairsoft jacket just because its cooler temperature wise. Like a typical clone airsoft gun, it'll take some money and effort to get it up to spec.

HD Video Review: Long Term

Edited by Ballistic Tsunami Airsoft
  • 4 weeks later...

Good review and good to see some realistic recommendations!

I got mine in "ME Brown" from EBAirsoft or Ebaybanned as it was back in 2008. When airsofting it is mainly worn as a second layer above my Crye Precision Combat Shirt and underneath a plate carrier or battle belt loadout. Since I have been away from airsoft between 2008 and 2011, it has been used tirelessly as a lightweight waterproof which is highly collapsible and packable to and from uni and around Glasgow without being too warm or cumbersome. It's great for when the weather is warm, but could rain at any moment. Something that happens a lot in Glasgow!

Unlike the OP I've not had any problems with the zips, although the paint on them chipped off very quickly. Mine works as well today as when I bought it, so I can say I definitely got my money's worth! However, as with most things from EBairsoft, beware of the quality of what you buy. The real-deal TAD product that this shamelessly copies is likely to last longer and be far more resilient than this one, plus the aftermarket care the company will give you as a customer is likely to be far better. However, I am still very happy with my cheap knock-off!

Good review and good to see some realistic recommendations!

I got mine in "ME Brown" from EBAirsoft or Ebaybanned as it was back in 2008. When airsofting it is mainly worn as a second layer above my Crye Precision Combat Shirt and underneath a plate carrier or battle belt loadout. Since I have been away from airsoft between 2008 and 2011, it has been used tirelessly as a lightweight waterproof which is highly collapsible and packable to and from uni and around Glasgow without being too warm or cumbersome. It's great for when the weather is warm, but could rain at any moment. Something that happens a lot in Glasgow!

Unlike the OP I've not had any problems with the zips, although the paint on them chipped off very quickly. Mine works as well today as when I bought it, so I can say I definitely got my money's worth! However, as with most things from EBairsoft, beware of the quality of what you buy. The real-deal TAD product that this shamelessly copies is likely to last longer and be far more resilient than this one, plus the aftermarket care the company will give you as a customer is likely to be far better. However, I am still very happy with my cheap knock-off!

Thanks for the feedback and your impressions on your jacket. You definitely got a jacket from a good batch. How do you like the ME Brown color? Does it work well with coyote brown? Or is more tan?

I think I would hardly call it 'brown', but it is accurate to the "ME Brown" that TAD use. Personally I'd say it is just slightly different to Tan as you can see compared to my belt buckle and pistol mag pouch.

11.jpg

Edited by H&K

I think I would hardly call it 'brown', but it is accurate to the "ME Brown" that TAD use. Personally I'd say it is just slightly different to Tan as you can see compared to my belt buckle and pistol mag pouch.

11.jpg

Ah ic, that is a nice color. Hmmm I think I want one now. ;)

• 3 months later...

I think I have had mine since 09 and it is still going strong with regular wear at work (outdoor education and festivals) and year round skirmishing. The only thing that has gone a little are the cuff velcro tabs. I have a lot of goretex gear that I re-treat regularly so this has been regularly maintained. for the money at the time there is no way I could have bought anything similar in the UK so all things considered this has been a great buy, especially as I think I bought it on sale for $36!