Marushin USM1 CDX

renegadecow

USM1 CDX

m1cdxcutrc.jpg

http://www.marushin-kk.co.jp/

Just saw today on the Marushin website an up and coming product and platform for their gas blowback replicas. Dubbed "CDX", this 6mm gas-blowback is CO2 powered though not marketed for the notorious power output that the gas is associated with. They boast it being more environmentally sound, a stable output relative to ambient temperature, and having a gratuitous amount of kick! They will of course be limited by Japanese law and adhere to .98J muzzle energy, but I'm sure that could easily be sorted out for places that allow higher limits. Also notably different from their previous GBB M1 offerings is a short magazine which were only available to their much older non-blowback M1's. No indication of price, but it would likely go upwards of $390 USD which is about how much their current green gas M1's go for.

If only the price wasn't so high on these and the aftermarket and reapir options so bleak i would have bought one of these by now.

Looks like i am going to have to stick to a KJ 10/22 Carbine.

EDIT: Let me guess the Webley and PP series pistols on that page are PFC guns? I can't read Japanese so can't comment.

'FireKnife'

I am also looking at this .. though i would want the RA tech one with the extra bits and the wood stock ...

MP7 flip up sights and a wood stock for me.

But to be honest the thing that drives me away from this gun is cost and the issues i have had with Marushins in the past.

'FireKnife'

Won't they re-release their old m1 in 6mm gbb?

Wolf

Follow the link and scroll down the page, looks like a 6mm Garand is on the way :)

I'm very interested in this. Hopefully if the internals aren't up to much Ratech will step in and save the day.

If only the price wasn't so high

EDIT: Let me guess the Webley and PP series pistols on that page are PFC guns? I can't read Japanese so can't comment.

My same reaction initially, but considering it's real wood and practically all metal, it's not far from a KJW 10/22 fitted with a wooden stock.

And yeah, the two you mention are PFC guns. I've heard tale of modifying PFC guns to shoot bbs at the same time but doubt its legality.

Yeah, moding PFC guns to fire BBs with the caps is illegal in Japan and the UK at the very least, probably would be frowned upon in most of the US and Canada too, and even if it wasn't, pfc caps are made to go bang, not regulated to a specific gas output or volume so you'd get massive inconsistency between shots, anyway its best to move on and not discuss this again.

However, if you were to get the Tanaka Pegasus system, or even Marushin's own x-cartride into a webley, I'm freakin' there man.

However, if you were to get the Tanaka Pegasus system, or even Marushin's own x-cartride into a webley, I'm freakin' there man.

Same here, and i know a good few people that would agree.

My same reaction initially, but considering it's real wood and practically all metal, it's not far from a KJW 10/22 fitted with a wooden stock.

The only other issue is that it is a Marushin and i have yet to have a good or even acceptable experience with one aside from the shell ejectors but they are novelty guns.

'FireKnife'

webley

I seriously doubt we'd ever see the day an airsoft replica of those will be made, that and a Mateba Autorevolver. Not while retaining the blowback feature at least. An Enfield maybe as there are already PFC versions of those so they only need to re-engineer them into a gas system. Maybe a S&W No.3 (Schofield)even.

That would be a webley-fosbery, The webley i'd want is a mkiv service revolver which is very similar to the enfeild(so similar webley sued the government) was used from 1899 by the British forces up until the 60s, and was probably most famously used by Harrison Ford to get out of filming an extended fight scene when he had the trots. I'd love a Schofield too as if happens...

Anyway, to get back on topic...

If Marushin have listened to their customers and made a skirmishable M1 carbine that's reliable, shoots at sub 350fps, is as accurate as my AEGs (no reason why it shouldn't be) and comes in at a reasonable price then I will deffo buy one. Would love a usable WW2 GBB especially one that can be used for numerous load outs.

However, if it's like the M1 and M2s purchased by my 'Softing Buddies - loads of cash, loads of fiddling, still sh*t - then I'll wait for an affordable ACM copy to appear!

Doesn't look like much recoil though.

She so doesn't look impressed by that at all.

Well that is it, won't be buying this as the KJ Works is both cheaper and has a better recoil than that.

Marushin are just glorified wall hangers anyway. ;)

'FireKnife'

Justifying the gun:

-she's firing left handed so we can't really see how much jiggle time her arm is getting seen from the right

-there's not much fat on her in the first place

-she regularly visits airsoft booths (other vids), or at least is forced to by the cameraman who's presumably her bf which is usually the case so the lack of "wow" in her face could be from having tried out other guns with more kick

-there's a vid of her shooting a real steel .50BMG Barret wearing a maid outfit so yeah, anything will feel like meh after that

Archived