hello from uk

ikarma70

Hello All!, I'm very new to airsoft so be gentle :) and I have just been browsing the forum picking up information as I believe researching a hobby is always a good idea.

I'm Andy, 40y.o. from Warwickshire U.K. and I have a lot of experience in Field Target and target pistol shooting.

I'm currently organising an airsoft day for the pistol club I'm with and got a few people signed up for it, I must admit watching YT videos( namely scoutthedoggie) has really grabbed my interest and it seems likely that I will be doing it regularly so going the UKARA/VCRA route for buying the RIF's seems possible.

Given my experience in Field Target shooting( trigger control, use of scope regarding range estimation, impact points on various reticles and breathing techniques) and my asthma, the role I'm looking at is of the sniper, the rifle I have made my mind up on certainly seems a quality gun so upgrading seems unlikely.

The rifle in question is the Real Sword SVD AEG and the assault rifle I'd get for CQB days is the Real Sword type 56-2, if those are too pricey then I'd be happy to go for Toyko Marui weapons unless some of you can suggest something better but I must say I'm taken by the RS weapons(pity they don't do pistols too :) ).

BTW, if the brits on this site use binoculars, Aldi are doing 10x25 compact binocular in black or green for £7, the optics are ok and they have a 3yr warranty, good for a back up...no crying over £7 is there? lol

ATB

Andy

welcome, as I'm sure you know, the RS SVD is a SUPERB gun, pricey sure, but you get very much what you pay for there, I'm sure you've already checked out the scopes etc. There's a long section on sniping here ca;;ed the sniper haven, well worth reading through the more technical aspects of that and the technical discussion forum as per what your new shiny RS can and can't do.

Other than that, welcome to airsofting :)

• 2 weeks later...

hi mate , as a former field target shooter I welcome thee!

Dont get too excited about the role of sniper just yet though, even a £1000 custom airsoft gun is less accurate than a £25 chinese spring air rifle!

I wouldnt go the Marui route on most AEG's any more, I would probably suggest ICS

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/category.php?cat=149

But Real Sword are very good , and the SVD one of their best by all reports.

Pistols however are a different story , Marui really rule the roost when it comes to Gas Blowback (GBB) pistols

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/category.php?cat=78

oh , and Firesupport are one of the top retailers.

welcome to the end of your wallet.

Jim

Archived