Hereby I present to you a review of my London Bridge Trading 1961G chestrig.

Overview.jpg

Bought from LBT directly

Echtheid.jpg

Costs totaled €308 (€248 for the chestrig (including shipping), €60 on import costs and taxes). Deliverytime from LBT was good, it arrived in The Netherlands within 14 days, however Dutch customs took 8 days to process

Why did I bought it?

I've had enough of the MOLLE system so I went looking for a rig without MOLLE witch could still take what I want to carry.

I used the rig for the first time last weekend during a 72h milsim game witch featured all weathertypes. So I thing I can write a reasonable review now

The LBT 1961G is a chestrig in LBT's 1961 line. The rig that is reviewed comes with a zipper but it's also available in other types (without zipper, as a kit or as a 7.62 variant) for more information please visit the website of London Bridge Trading.

General information about the 1961G

- 4 x 2 M4 mag pouches

3 mag pouches are equipped with small utility pouches

1 mag pouch is equipped with a double pistolmag pouch

- 2 MBITR pouches

- 2 larger utility pouches

- 2 grenade pouches

- 2 mappouches

- On the backside you find 2 mesh pockets designed to take a flotation device

- On both shoulder straps you have elastic loops for your drinking hose as well as padded antenna/wire guides

- Everything is equipped with drainholes

- Material is 1000D Cordura

- Available in differtent colours and camouflage patterns

- Zipper closes from up to down

Everything step by step

Fitting options are good, however due to being designed to be used with plate carriers you might need to be creative on how to fold your straps (like I had). Straps are equipped with small velcro bands on the end to prevent you walking around with small tails.

The topside clips are meant to take the LBT-2649E hydro carrier.

Achterkant.jpg

My vest came in LBT's coyote tan. For comparisson I place a real fastmag and a tripple mag pouch in tan from WAS

Kleurvergelijk.jpg

Mag pouches will hold 2 STANAG type mags well without the need to stretch. The are held in place by a elastic band witch is attached horizontally on the topside of the pouch. As well as a velcro flap.

magutility.jpg

Utility pouches are equipped with a small velcro band to keep the items stored within secure, downside is that, unless already equipped with clips itself, the items shouldn't be to small.

Pistol mag pouch is equipped with it's own velcro flap. It stores 2 mags. 1911 mags are to thin to be stored without the flap, fatter magazines will fit very nicely (tested with KWA glock 19 mags).

Pistolclosed.jpg

Pistolmagpouch.jpg

The grenade pouches holds, as the name implies, grenades. In Belgium we don't get to use pyro's everywhere so I also use one to store my Petzl headlight. Enola Gay bb grendades will fit.

grenadepouch.jpg

The larger utility pouches are closed by a velcro flap and also by a elastic flap that's attached with pressbuttons, This makes it possible to quickly take out and put in items with minimum risk of something falling out, which in my opinion is brilliant. I use one pouch for a container of bb's (around a 1000, it could take more) a extra battery for my Kenwood radio and a box of CR123 battery's. The other one i use for either my camera or if demanded by the organisation, a safety vest.

batteryutility.jpg

toputility.jpg

utilityelastisch.jpg

If you really want to you can also store 5 mags in it.

Utilitypouch5mags.jpg

MBITR pouches hold your radio. Although designed for a MBITR, my kenwood also liked it in there very much. If necesarry you can also use it to store 2 STANAG mags (although they will sit deep)

Mbitrpouch2mags.jpg

I use 1 pouch for my radio, the other one I use as a holster for my 1911 which works perfect.

Map pouches, 2 of them. Throw in it what you want. I use it for writing material, signal mirror and of course maps. Each pouch is also equipped with 5 elastic loops which you could use for break lights and stuff (but mk5 thunderflashes also fit very nicely). These are closed by velcro.

If you want to carry even more mags, even though not originally designed to, I believe the LBT-2645A triple M4 inserts can also be used in these pouches.

Mappocket.jpg

The padded wire and antenna guides

Antennaguidepaddedopen.jpg

On this picture you have a good look on the elastic loops to fit you drinking hose, offcourse you don't need to use them all.

Antennaguidepaddedclosed.jpg

Mesh pockets for the flotation device

Meshfloatationdevicepouch.jpg

Experiences:

The chestrig is very comfortable and everything is within easy reach. If you wear it with everything closed it can however be very tricky to grab a mag quickly. That's why this is the way I carry it when expecting action:

P6296294.jpg

The chestrig is also very well to combine with a rucksack.

Quality is top notch, you will have a hard time finding something better.

Conclusion:

Best chestrig I ever had my hands on. Downside is that it's made for STANAG mags (or for 7.62 mags if you purchase that variant).

Offcourse thank to the price it's not in everyone's budged. Flyye en Pantac however do make cheaper replica versions of the 1961A variant (whithout zipper) of this chestrig. However I am not going to compare them with my rig because I don't know anyone who ownes those.

However I can say that this chestrig is worth it's money.

Oh and i'm waiting for the first picture of this rig fully loaded with all 28!!! mags it can carry :P

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I have the LBT 1961a in AOR 2, nice review and thanks v much.

Wasn't struck on the idea to begin with as I like my WAS RICAS, just wanted something a bit lighter. Somebody I knew had this one new and let me try it out. Not worn the WAS since, lots of room for M4 mags, 7 in all plus 2 x pistol mags, all else as above really. Great quality at a price.

I think reading this review led me to looking at the 1961.

As for the above comment, not really - well impressed, the more I use it the better it seems to feel after minor adjustments. Build quality wise, not a sign or wear but then they are the 'real thing'