Hit Showing

WhiteHawksan

I was thinking about times, where I've been shot after I've been hit.

either walking back, or because I'm mildly stuck in some cover and can't especially get my hand up and wave enough

So I was thinking, perhaps it might be an idea to carry a brightly coloured 'flag' of material in a pocket to wave when you're hit. I should think it's meaning would be fairly obvious to any player and may well save you getting shot more than you need to when trying to extricate oneself from tough cover, such as thick brush etc, put it over the end of your gun and stand that up while you get yourself out of the cover before sulking off muttering something about lucky ricochet :P

We call them hit markers, a little strip of fluro material you put on your neck/head to show you have been hit.

It doesn't stop the chronic spammers who shoots you while you are down, keep swearing: "Take your hits...$@# mutherfking cheater!" before one even have a chance to pull out the marker LOL.

Yeah those are pretty much standard around here, you just carry the bright red/orange rag on your pocket and put it on your head when you're hit. Still doesn't stop the *albatrosses* though .... last big game I attended I still got shot twice after being hit and I was wearing a fluorescent yellow vest ...

I've been meaning to get one of these dead-rags for a while, but as I've only recently got back into actual skirmishing it's still on the to-buy list. They are a great idea but woefully under-utilised at any of our game sites. From other people using them at events, I think the flouresent orange variety work best under the most conditions, very noticeable.

Our Marshals tend to wear yellow vests so having the orange for dead players helps to further distinguish the wearer.

I have something else for this, it is a bright yellow flourescent hat that i put on when i am out, makes it easier to see me and not light me up :P

... last big game I attended I still got shot twice after being hit and I was wearing a fluorescent yellow vest ...

Even with a full fluorescent vest i got tagged, so no ... it's not a hat that's gonna save ya :P

well for me, as I usually play as a marksman, getting out of said cover that you sneaked into, can often take more than just standing up, while your muffled cries of hit are generally ignored as (rightly) they assume you are retreating to shoot them from somewhere else. So I might prop my rifle up with a dead rag over the muzzle

while I extricate myself from said bush/rocks/hole etc :P

Agreed, I've found simply an arm in the air and regular shouts of "dead man walking" to be equally if not more effective than a brightly coloured bit of rag.

On a regular, fast paced skirmish I would tend to agree but for a milsim event I would go for the red rag option anytime. It's easier to walk with your rifle slung and a red rag on your head for a mile and a half than it is to do the same distance with your arms up in the air shouting DEAD MAN WALKING every 30 seconds.

• 1 month later...

Agreed, I've found simply an arm in the air and regular shouts of "dead man walking" to be equally if not more effective than a brightly coloured bit of rag.

This. Although I tend to find it more effective if the gun is also carried about my head. Just keep an eye open and if it looks like you're about to walk through the opfor's territory, shout loudly and repeatedly.

Archived