Burst firing

ExfiL

hey guys i am an airsofter in Pennsylvania and my friend and I have been arguing about burst firing. We have a team and a website and i put in the forums some tactics and one of them was burst firing. I said and have heard from airsoft radio podcasts on itunes and other airsofters that you should use a 3 to 5 round burst and repeat it every 2 seconds if not 1 and 1/2. My friend and teammate thinks we should use 3 to 5 second bursts and i think thats a waste of bbs and you can do the same job with 3 to 5 bbs.

Someone please tell me im right and if im wrong flame me i am no expert, but im no longer a beginner 3 years of airsoft is enough to say intermediate knowledge.

There are many styles of play, suppressing fire from an AR or LSW requires lots of full auto, in bursts or not. Accurate sustained fire would be the quick bursts as you suggest then a marksman would be using individual rounds.

Play how you play, and play with people who play differently, thats the combined arms approach.

the reason for the above statement is that while using an assualt rifle/smg etc 3-5 round bursts will generally land 1 on target if your aim is good. The other reason 3-5 round bursts is recommended, is it's generally bad manners to pelt someone with 150bbs (a 5 second burst at a modest 30rps) when it only takes 1 to get them out. If you find you NEED 3-5 second bursts, I would probably improve your gaming rather than your guns.

If you're a support gunner M24/M60/RPK etc you'll want longer fanning bursts so people don't stick their heads back up! (I typically use 3-5 second bursts covering a wide arc for this)

Archived