KJW KC-02 GBB Tactical Rifle

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This baby will be on stage sunday, maybe chronoed ^^

It's done and was in those last pics, not much more to show   Full galley here : https://plus.google.com/photos/117328876138007382074/albums/5735374121112598897   Got some problems with my bolt c

Only did the can test at home by 25°c With ultrair gaz, went through each side of the can, but didn't pass the bottom of it. So 400 fps ?

Posted Images

Yay , I bought one today, nicely made bit of kit under all the rails.

All the rails, sights and stock are sitting in the parts box now and it handles very nicely with a PTS MOE stock and a Simmons 1.5-5x 20 scope.

Will be looking for an RS wood stock asap though.

Anyone else struggle with the included speed loader? It was scratching the bb's and very fiddly to use.

I had better luck using a TM stanag loader and keeping it in place with thumb and finger (of the hand holding the mag) either side of the nozzle/feed lips.

I'm also going to try removing the "barrel extension" inside the outer barrel , and replacing it with some foam in the hopes of quietening down the muzzle report.

Jim

New thread started on the 10/22 to leave this one free for reviews.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/199358-kj-works-kc-02-ruger-1022-thread/page__pid__2487453&do=findComment&comment=2487453

feel free to add any hints n tips you find, or just ask questions.

Jim

• 1 month later...

Thought I would drop this in here...

2011-10-23120301.jpg

Real Steel Ruger Laminated Target stock.

Dremelled out a notch on the stock for the "tang" on the KJW's receiver ( the real one doesnt have this)

rocked the receiver/barrel into place and added a longer front stock screw (about 1/2 inch longer)

All in about 40 minutes work, the next will be quicker, maybe a hogue synthetic stock?

Jim

• 4 weeks later...

Mine arrived yesterday and I think the best way to describe it is.... Awesome!

There where a few things i noticed and these are just my intial thoughts:

• Check the magazine screws are tight, the first mag vented as the locking screw was a little loose.
  • The Buffer tube seems to be a little odd in size as my Magpul CTR stock with friction lock is a little loose, nothing a differnt buffer tupe or a bit of electrical tape can't fix.
  • Its light, my wife (an airsofter herself) finds it very comfortable.
  • Very pointable more so than my normal M4's that I use.
  • Intial plinking shots give you a lovely grin factor.

Still getting used to the 10/22 and my RaTech 6.01 and Falcon Hop rubber are en-route and can't wait to install them. My intial thoughts are very positive for my first GBB rife and look forward to some time to play with this rifle.

Cheers

Rich

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

With regard to real steel stocks, can anyone tell me if it matters if the stock is for the slim or bull barrelled version?

Its the bull barreled or target version , they refer to it as 0.92 inch barrel also

My RS target stock just needed a groove cutting out for the "tang" on the kjw receiver where the rear stock screw goes , this isnt present on the RS.

Jim

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The longest tightbore you can find and a massive *fruitcage* off silencer.

I doubt that. The longest is 509mm - see my gun, I posted a photo in the other 10/22 thread. On top of that, you need at least a 150mm silencer, CCW. And still the output will be around 500 fps (haven't chronoed it yet, though, it's a rough estimate).

It's impossible, and unnecessary, to crank it that hot.

• Like 1

Excuse me, are you insane?

Average stock ACM assault rifle clocks at 450FPS, so I'm affraid that to have that edge in range (making KC02 a quite decent marksman weapon) I would need like 600FPS (more less). That would be a hot shooting one, but still not the hottest I saw (spring action A&K SVD behemoth clocking aroun 695FPS). On the other hand I wonder how high yours will clock. Putting a 455mm Prometheus tightbore into my TK/KJW M4 gave me around 550FPS (sunny day, 20 deg. C), which was rather crazy for an assault rifle, so I installed the stock barrel back.

For range you do not need 600fps.

Range is more to do with the Hop Unit, Rubber, Nub & rounds than FPS.

Mine is currently shooting about 450 - 460fps and is accuratley hitting 150ft. Once the rubber beds in a little more and ive done a little more tweeking should hit 200ft.

Raw power will not give you what you want unless the rest is done to match.

My TM MEU (315fps warmish day) out ranged my old WE G39 (450fps warmish day) almost everytime. I also had a CO2 Uzi which was doing about 550fps but only shot around 40ft accurately.

Edited by bankz5152

All true. Don't get me wrong guys. My question was more like theorycrafting. Like I wrote in my previous post, I did an experiment on my gas M4 and the result was... well, much more than I expected. I was just curious if same thing applies to KC-02. Waiting for more info on how much fps Mike_West squeezed.

It does 420 on the stock 250mm barrel. Once I get my hands on a chrono (not before Easter), I'll check - people managed to reach 460 on a 363mm barrel, so I believe a 509mm should give at least 500.

Also, I have absolutely no clue how to adjust the HU now that I have the adjustment wheel locked inside the stock. Maybe I'll seek some sucker willing to part with his broken MB05, fitting the Ruger inside that will be easier and more practical. A MB08 wouldn't be bad either - Ruger 10/22 AICS, because why the hell not.