KJW KC-02 GBB Tactical Rifle

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This baby will be on stage sunday, maybe chronoed ^^

It's done and was in those last pics, not much more to show   Full galley here : https://plus.google.com/photos/117328876138007382074/albums/5735374121112598897   Got some problems with my bolt c

Only did the can test at home by 25°c With ultrair gaz, went through each side of the can, but didn't pass the bottom of it. So 400 fps ?

Posted Images

Interesting , as the c02 mags have been long awaited...

Cleaning rod? never mind that just make one from a piece of net curtain wire.

I wonder if they have the new manual up for download yet?

Welcome to the 10/22 brotherhood Doc11 , check out the link in my sig for some more 10/22 info.

Jim

Co2 mags would be just the thing for me to pull the trigger on this.

I would like to know if anyone has experience with or knows of a source where I could get info on installing the guts into a Hogue "rubber" stock ? I really dislike the tactical look of the KJW 10/22... :|

EDIT: Just saw the installation guide in the tips n tricks thread for RS wood stock. so a .920 barrel Hogue stock should work with slight mods, lovely!

Edited by NonEx

Has anyone had experience with the Hogue overmold stocks, rubber or synthetic ? I am considering the rubber version but I am afraid that it will feel too grippy/stick and be uncomfortable, and I can also imagine it is harder to mod for installation of the KJW 1022 in it. Nylon seems nice also.

Opinions ? :o

Gonna go ahead and get one of these and try to build one of those old school Koba 10/22s with the silver bull barrel :D

Sorry for the double post, feel free to merge, thought I was in another thread.

Edited by NonEx

I have long read your topic gisburn20. Already gathered the parts to make some "tuffer buffer", maybe with a slight modification.

Got my ra-tech inner barrel and hop-up as well.

I may start installing all that at the end of this week.

On another note, I have some trouble with my stock hop-up.

After some cleaning and a few shots, it isn't greased anymore... And it makes fly all bbs I throw at it up to 0.36, set to zero.

I'll try to have a look at it and guess why when I disassemble to put the ra-tech parts in.

Err... Can't edit my previous post?

Weird forum...

Anyway, I also got a npas which I will try to fit in.

And on the long mag, the gasket seems to be "eaten" by nozzle, which doesn't happen on the short mag I have.

Edit: found how to edit :°

Didn't find how to suppress a post.

Edited by Doc11

I need some help. I am contemplating the parts for my build and I am looking for a decent, mid-range price scope to put on it. Looking at something in the 1.5 - 12x range or there abouts I guess, what do you guys run on yours ? Prefer if it were black and "medium" beefy to suit the rifle. Any advice is welcome. Sights rings also. I would prefer illuminated sights.

And then I was also wondering about putting a bipod on this, is that completely wrong on a 10/22 and an airsoft at that ? And if it can be done, what bipods/mounts work? Will be installing it in an RS Hogue .920 rubber overmold stock.

What BBs would you recommend for this, running the RA Tech prec. barrel and hop rubber ?

Thanks.

Edited by NonEx

Ive got a x3 - x12 Tasco Illuminating on mine, damn awsome pretty cheap too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tasco-3-9x40-Red-Green-Rangefinder-Rifle-Scope-w-Extended-Sunshade-/220817383675?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item3369bde0fb

Bi-Pod if its the wood stock I believe RA Tech sell a rail adaptor that sits in those two holes in the front, so any RIS bipod will fit. Like a Harris.

Im running mine on Devil .30gs or Maruzen .29G Super Grand Masters, best sniper rounds in the world according to many. Though damn expensive at £15.00 per 1000 rounds..

My kit-list so far is;

KJW KC-02 ver.2

Short mags (way better looking than the long ones)

RA Tech outer/inner barrel kit grooved, silver

RA Tech Hop Up rubber

RA Tech Charging handle

RA Tech extended magazine release

Hogue .920 Overmold stock rubber, black

Silver sling attachment points and swivels

Rubber buffer

Hope it's not too much of a hassle to cut into the stock to make the internals fit :|

So, now a scope and bipod is all I need to find. I saw there are some scopes for regular air rifles that were fairly priced, those should work I suppose? Dont really want to buy china stuff.

Any info on bipod attachments and compatible bipods are welcome, preferably not the RS Harris as they were a bit pricey.

Hi Docs11 and welcome to the club.

I have a Simmons 1.5-5x20 prodiamond (RS) scope on my 10/22 , it's easily powerfull enough for airsoft and nice and light.

Also the bigger 3-9x40 scopes look a little overkill on a small rifle.

Likewise I have tried my RS Harris 9"-12" tilt bipod on her ( attached to the front sling stud on the RS Ruger Laminate target stock)

a smaller bipod might look ok, (maybe the 6"-9" bench rest version) but the full size looked silly.

Ammo wise I am using guarder 0.28's , I had tried madbull 0.4s but I couldnt see them in flight.

Still on the stock barrel and hop , running unlubed propane seems to help the hop,

just lightly coating the bolt with moly grease, and the trigger mech wth Breakfree CLP.

Jim

So sorely tempted by one of these that I shot off an e-mail to Ironwood Designs regarding their SG2000, which is a real-steel chassis for the real 10/22. What do we think? I think with the longer straight mags, if it will accept them, it should look absolutely pimp. She has;

• CNC'd and anodized frame.
  • CNC'd walnut fittings.
  • Adjustable overtravel/backlash trigger.
  • Internal & external barrel clamps.
  • Twin-turret Picatinny scope mounts.

Pricey, though - more expensive than the real-steel Sage EBR Mod.0 stock. Hmmm...

shapeimage_13.png

shapeimage_12.png

[EDIT]Says that it only takes 'factory' 10rnd 10/22 magazines, which I fear means the rotary ones. Hmm.[/EDIT]

Edited by PureSilver

Some tweaking/upgrading today.

I put in an homemade tuffer buffer like in gisburn20's tutorial.

Exchanged the inner barrel and hop-up rubber for ra-tech ones.

I still have way too much hop-up.

If I unscrew completely the adjustment nob, it's just right for 0.28...

If I screw it enough to get the first "clic", it satellises all weights I have up to 0.36 at least, probably more.

That's definitly weird.

For the time being, I'm mostly a bit under 400fps using ultrair.

I cut a bit of the hop-up rubber lips and now I can adjust from 0.20 to 0.30 max. That's about what I'm looking for.

Maybe cut a bit too much if I want to use heavier bbs later but I plan to use bio 0.28 or 0.30.

Edited by Doc11

For the power, not great... Noticeable variations.

Just like you'd expect from a gbb.

For the precision, didn't have the opportunity to shoot in decent conditions.

A lot of wind these days, and didn't shoot at targets. Just to test the hop-up.

I will test shoot at targets from various distances eventually, just don't know when exactly.

I need some help. I am contemplating the parts for my build and I am looking for a decent, mid-range price scope to put on it. Looking at something in the 1.5 - 12x range or there abouts I guess, what do you guys run on yours ? Prefer if it were black and "medium" beefy to suit the rifle. Any advice is welcome. Sights rings also. I would prefer illuminated sights.

I have a 2-6x32 airgun scope. It's small, but should work. As for stock, I'm planning to give the Muzzelite a test run, but considering it completely blocks off hop-up access I might just buy a busted ACM sniper rifle of some kind and mod it to mount the Ruger. It'll be cheaper than sourcing any RS stock out there.

Thanks for the input. I already ordered all my parts. Went with an RS BSA Deerhunter 3-9x40 scope and Ironsighter 1" weaver style mounts .430" height. Also bought a Shooters Ridge Rock Mount 6-9" bipod with sling swivel attachment off of eBay for 60 USD shipped.

So everything is en route now, just hope it all makes in here ASAP :D

Got next week off so should be fun :D

Final list is as follows:

1x KJW KC-02 "Ruger" 10/22 ver. 2

3x KJW KC-02 short magazines

1x RA Tech Outer/Inner barrel kit, grooved, silver

1x RA Tech Hop up rubber

1x Falcon Hop up rubber

1x RA Tech charging handle

1x RA Tech Extended magazine release, silver

1x MAG spring replacement kit

1x Hogue OverMolded rifle stock, Ruger 10/22 .920, black, rubber

1x PowerCustom Ruger 10/22 buffer

1x BlakHawk Sling swivel set, silver

1x Volquartsen Ruger 10/22 take down screw

1x BSA Deerhunter 3-9x40 scope, black

1x Ironsighter 1" weaver style rings, .430" height, black

1x Shooters Ridge Rock Mount 6-9" bipod, black

1x King Arms 0.30g BB 2000 pcs

1x King Arms 0.36g BB 2000 pcs

1x King Arms 0.40g BB 2000 pcs

2x ASG Ultrair Power Gas ~120PSI

Edited by NonEx

NonEx ended up going with a BSA Deerhunter, I think. Can't you get RS stocks secondhand in Poland? Some of the guys on another forum bought secondhand (genuine) Ruger target stocks for not very much - like $50.

EDIT: Ninja'd. Damn!

Edited by PureSilver

So the only difference between the KC-02 and the 10/22 (besides using BBs and gas) is the extra screw (and piece) that sticks out the back of the receiver?

This summer, thanks to good ol' grandpa Vorpalbunnie, I'm going to contract his friend for an exotic wood stock, either bubinga or Tiger Wood.

I would like some opinions on the [your] most comfortable stock style. I'm looking for something unique like Andyjp's, but for a left-handed shooter and not in a pistol grip configuration (unless you really recommend it).

Feel free to PM me any advice too.

Just got a reply from KJW regarding the CO2 magazines, they are officially in production and avaliable for sale but as I suspected retailers do not seem to stock them. So reach out to your favorite retailers and ask them to stock some if you want them!

NonEx ended up going with a BSA Deerhunter, I think. Can't you get RS stocks secondhand in Poland? Some of the guys on another forum bought secondhand (genuine) Ruger target stocks for not very much - like $50.

I'm not sure, but looking at the prices of RS stocks here it doesn't even matter - I can have a busted ACM "sniper rifle" for 50 quid (thanks to cheesemetal internals I don't need at all), as compared to coughing up over 100 quid for a RS stock, imported or sourced locally (no difference).

Okay, after comparing the KC02 valve and the NPAS, many things were different.

Although, there were only 1 diameter that would need some change to make it at least feat, if not work.

So, this morning, I had it machined on a lathe (is that the correct way to say it?).

It was a bit risky because it didn't leave much matter on the NPAS and would weaken it, but it survived.

And this afternoon, I fitted it in place of the stock valve.

Firing test... Okay

Adjusting test... It can adjust the output power. It's probably not the definitive product as I may tweak/test some more but for the time being it seems to range from 280 to 430fps roughly.

May be subject to variation when I'm finished fiddling with it.