• 1 month later...
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This baby will be on stage sunday, maybe chronoed ^^

It's done and was in those last pics, not much more to show   Full galley here : https://plus.google.com/photos/117328876138007382074/albums/5735374121112598897   Got some problems with my bolt c

Only did the can test at home by 25°c With ultrair gaz, went through each side of the can, but didn't pass the bottom of it. So 400 fps ?

Posted Images

I need a pair of old-school sling rings (and mounts) for my wood stock. I found some guy over here who sells repro Mauser sling mounts for eleven bucks a pop, I guess it'll be hard to dig up anything cheaper...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Redjacket Firearms ZK-22 stock for the 10/22

Took me 2 hours with the dremel, and its looking and running great now

I've been waiting to see one of these built with a KC02 for ages now! Why did you need to take a Dremel to it - and why did you take a Dremel to the stock (expensive, has good resale value) rather than to the KC02 (neither)?

I would imagine that the dremel was needed in order to make room to accommodate the .920" bull barrel, as most of these kits are made fro the standard tapered barrel. Also the receiver has a stock tang whereas a real 1022 does not.

I had to make similar modifications in order to fit tone into my  Muzzelite stock.

Nah, the ZK-22 has a removable insert to brace the standard tapered barrel - you just don't fit it when you're using a .920" barrel. Regarding the stock tang, if he took a Dremel to the ZK-22 ($300 + shipping, handling and tax) rather than the KC-02's receiver (available from KJW as a spare) he's made something of an error of judgement IMO...

I do not think,  I will sell the KC02 and the ZK22 seperately, in the future.

For me it is easier to modifiy the polymer stock than a "metal" receiver.

Furthermore here in Germany we have to have special markings on the guns,

since these are on the receiver, I cannot change this part that easy as you might think.

Edited by Londo
  • Like 1

I don't see where he sais he used the dremel on the stock?

I think you implied it but it was never confirmed ?

Voilà (emphasis added):

Redjacket Firearms ZK-22 stock for the 10/22

Took me 2 hours with the dremel, and its looking and running great now

Back on topic:

I do not think,  I will sell the KC02 and the ZK22 seperately, in the future. [...] For me it is easier to modifiy the polymer stock than a "metal" receiver.

Furthermore here in Germany we have to have special markings on the guns, [...] since these are on the receiver, I cannot change this part that easy as you might think.

I can see the logic - can't say I agree with it (I would definitely rather have sawn the tang off the KC-02, since you could then fit any other 10/22 stock) but I can see the logic. I overlooked the fact that you're German - I was going to suggest you try the Future Energy selector kit (with extended selectors just drilled through the sides of the ZK22) but of course you guys have severe limitations on fully-automatic fire, don't you.