Tokyo Marui Hobby Show Teaser Trailer

GingaNinga

Dont forget the earthquake hit tm pretty hard with constant power cuts, they had half days for a good few weeks. It doesnt sound like much but i cant imagine they got much done in that time.

Id be supprised if they come out with much in may.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I dont think the earthquake could have disturbed much the design of any gun, as for those dates, the guns should be in the testing stages or even designing the marketing campaign, even so, the power shortage could have only delayed slightly the release date or the size of the first batches.

TM works that way, we all know and accept it, they release something desired by the Japanese market and exploit it "ad nauseam" with small changes to keep it slightly alive in its "commercial live", then they release a new different gun and repeat the process as much as they can, knowing that TM fans will buy it. So, they wont be releasing new GBB or AEGs until they need to fill the gap of a "dying" gun knowing that the new model will sell like hot cookies.

In resume, they dont give a *suitcase about foreign market :lol:

Personally, I dont think the earthquake could have disturbed much the design of any gun, as for those dates, the guns should be in the testing stages or even designing the marketing campaign, even so, the power shortage could have only delayed slightly the release date or the size of the first batches.

TM works that way, we all know and accept it, they release something desired by the Japanese market and exploit it "ad nauseam" with small changes to keep it slightly alive in its "commercial live", then they release a new different gun and repeat the process as much as they can, knowing that TM fans will buy it. So, they wont be releasing new GBB or AEGs until they need to fill the gap of a "dying" gun knowing that the new model will sell like hot cookies.

That and the fact that the Japanese [sTEREOTYPING] are batshlit crazy about M4's and SCARs.

"durr hurr how many m4s do you have?"

"5 Derp"

"lol I have 6"

Well, at least the sights will all be glow-in-the-dark ones. :P

Still, kind of interested in that 2011 and the AUG, but I'm really holding out for that HK45. I just NEED it.

well, we all have our likes and dislikes and cant blame a company for releasing what the customers want :) even so, I dont think japanese players like their M4s more than Americans :lol:

Maybe, but lemme tell you this, the last time me and my friend went airsoft'n, there were 150-ish people there.

We counted only 7 or 8 people that didn't have an m4/m16 style gun, and almost all of the other people has more than 2 with them.

I dont mean to be THAT GUY. But..

We are frustrated because TM keeps releasing slightly different 1911s and slightly different versions of other GBBs, when they could be focusing more time on making the new GBBs.

At least Marui are inovating and bringing a new system from time to time ... most of the other companies are also playing the "version game" but based on Marui designs.

That and the fact that the Japanese [sTEREOTYPING] are batshlit crazy about M4's and SCARs.

"durr hurr how many m4s do you have?"

"5 Derp"

"lol I have 6"

So basically the same as the rest of the world then? M4s are what people buy and that's why they make them, foreign market or Japanese market until people stop buying M4s in such vast quantities we can't realistically expect the manufacturers to give much attention to anything else, TM included.

The whole thing about TM releasing too many variants is a bit of a flawed argument too imho, sure they have a few different M4s, most of their pistols in at least 2 different colours and a number of 1911 based guns but they're actually quite restrained compared to others. How many M4 variants do CA, G&P, G&G and ICS have? How many 1911 variants do WA have? How many MP5 variants do ICS have? How many Hi-Capa based pistols do WE make? The answer, a hell of a lot more than TM have variants of any guns in their range and a vast portion of all those other guns on the market are clones or adapted clones of something TM designed so give them some credit guys?

I don't buy that power outages won't have had much of an impact on new releases either, TM work on batch production iirc and if they've committed to making x-number of x-gun then that is likely to push back the production of newer models, I'd say it's perfectly possible that they have another GBB ready to go into production but they're trying to do batches of Px4 mags/guns or some other model first to meet their wholesale orders when they do have the power to run the machines.

It's also important to remember it's not a simple case of restarting production when power comes back on, their GBBs have a lot of injection mouldedd plastic parts and if an injectionmoulderer has been off for even a short period of time then all the molten plastic stored in the machine will have cooled as a solid and would take time to get back upto temperature and the molds themselves will have cooled, they might not even be able to assemble guns which they have the parts for if they rely on electric lighting in the factory. Then there is the whole ball game that they might have had suppliers for some parts (valves and springs perhaps?) in the area hit by the tsunami....

Now there's some seriously *fruitcage* valid points. Particularly considering that all their designs are ones they've actually come up with themselves (which everyone else then copies), I don't think any other company produces as wide a variety of models as TM does.

TM are responsible for providing a large proportion of the current range of drive systems for airsoft guns today - so with that in mind they could now have a 20 year tea break and still have contributed the same amount to the development of drive systems (and shoe-horning them into new gun shells) as any other airsoft company.

AEG's are a TM invention for the most part. The current EBB system has also been a largely TM supported avenue in airsoft. TM were also responsible for minaturising the AEG system for their AEP range. Most airsoft pistols run off a TM based GBB design. TM's VSR system is probably the best bolt action airsoft rifle platform. The TM tri-shot shotgun series is also a stroke of genius.

Most other companies only have one system to their names. Maruzen provide the shell ejection shotgun system. Marushin have their multi-shot M500 system (and their revolvers, okay that's two :) ). ICS have split gearboxes. WA have an impressive GBB system. WE have their GBBR system.

Anywho, point being, cut them some god damn slack.

ME WANT GIRL. XD

AnakChan send us a HyperDouraku link if you can once they post up their report.

And for those too lazy to click the link, a preview:

AUG CQB High Cycle

Bunch of GBB parts (Glock/HiCapa/P226 from what it looks like)

Next-Gen G36C (doesn't say HC or Recoil-Engine)

Redone P226 E2 (with the new grips)

ME WANT GIRL. XD

AnakChan send us a HyperDouraku link if you can once they post up their report.

And for those too lazy to click the link, a preview:

AUG CQB High Cycle

Bunch of GBB parts (Glock/HiCapa/P226 from what it looks like)

Next-Gen G36C (doesn't say HC or Recoil-Engine)

Redone P226 E2 (with the new grips)

Its a "custom" g36c meaning itll just come with those accessories shown (flat top rail cheek rest, and maybe that VFG) kinda like what they did with the glocks. (< speculation on my part)

The p226 looks nice, but ive never considered getting one because the mbks are a pain to get fitted from what ive read.

Hopefully hyperdouraku will have better close up shots of everything, they usually do.

Speaking of which!

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.hyperdouraku.com/&ei=gGbLTe7FMuLgiAKnia2hBQ&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCgQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhyperdouraku%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DQNj%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26prmd%3Divnsfd

alittle disappointing, maybe more pics tomorrow?

AUG: Aug is not compatible with current models, to what extent i cant tell from what was written something about a nozzle

G36c: something is made of CNC aluminum, but i dunno what im assuming the outerbarrel.

Hicaps: Have a lengthened slide catch, new textured grip and news sights and slide

P226:new one piece mag from what i read, improved capacity and recoil, different colored slide flat grey and of course the fancy new grip.

lol and of course

12.jpg

Grr... 3 years of "next item" in the clear polycarb case and they fling out a re-hashed SIG226. Oh well, still no gunclip for my M&P 40 so I can wait longer I guess (even though it looks like the HK45 is next?).

And pics are up!!

Hyperdouraku has them up!

CQB SCARs

The AUG is a high cycle, takes standard AUG mags.

The G36 is essentially just a K turned into a C with rails and something on the stock (rests I think)

The pistols are 2 new hi-capas

And there is something about cheap pistols, prob NBB or spring.

If you watch the VIdeo the g36 is advertised with the scar, pretty sure they are both recoil. And both new models, if you look the scars a CQC model, weve been forced up until now to buy custom barrels for the scar to get it to cqc length, its a bit gutting tm didnt just release a different barrel lol would be simpler than a whole gun but this is how they do it with variants now.

Im pretty sure thats a recoil 36c .. which is great if you ask me as i personally hate the K....

The Aug bullpup, lol not an aug fan but that looks mean ... i can see a few people getting that one...

From a gun techs point of very its extremely interesting seeing tm produce a non monkey metal sector gear, it would seem as always they can if they want to they just choose not too. And obvisouly the pre 2nd tooth mod piston. Cant wait to have one apart to see what else the modded for the 28 rps on an 8.4v

say what you will about the varients the samuira does look nice

The G36C is definitely a recoil engine...the kanji, 次世代電動ガン, means Next Gen (i.e. recoil). Seems CQC is back in style.

P.S. The only question is if it's just the G36K with a shorter barrel or have they really changed it so that there's a functioning bolt-release. Yeah I know I'm wishful thinking.

And pics are up!!

Hyperdouraku has them up!

CQB SCARs

The AUG is a high cycle, takes standard AUG mags.

The G36 is essentially just a K turned into a C with rails and something on the stock (rests I think)

The pistols are 2 new hi-capas

And there is something about cheap pistols, prob NBB or spring.

way ahead of you if you read my last post. And you forgot about the P226!

Would the new p226 mags be compatible with the old p226?

Hard to say, I dont see any reason why they shouldnt be. Forgot to metion release date, which is July. Also you can see a glimpse of the p226 mag here in the bottom left corner

10.jpg

Archived