First look at the H.K 3Px4 GBB

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=special&item=HK3P-PS-PX4BK&search=special&rs=New%20Release&catid=&cat=   wgc has it for 83 US , in case anyone

Bell 1911 might be discontinued but Tercel 1911 certainly is not, There was last year some Bell stock re-surfaced as i think some wholesalers in china still have some old stock left, but Tercel is ali

Easy, just mask or dissasemble the lower frame and use some OD spray. Looks the nuts on mine, I just don't have a picture handy on my photobucket.

Posted Images

Got some shooting done today. Hop up seems fairly inconsistent, but that may be due to it not being fully broken in. Aside from that, the BBs go where they are supposed to.

-Ex

How far was your range? Would you say that roughly within 10 meters the shots are accurate enough to hit a head-sized target? Also, does the hop up creep back to zero if you set it too high?

Thanks in advance dudewink.gif

If it is a TM clone and the inconsistencies continue, you might as well replace the bucking.

Or it could be because of any dirt or grease in the barrel or hop up. Extraordinaire never mentioned whether he cleaned the barrel of the gun. Hopefully that's the source of the inconsistency!tongue.gif

Does anyone know how to take the blow back unit out of the slide? I'm having a hard time figuring it out.

-Ex

There's something different about the BBU compared to the original Marui I think. Maybe try asking the TM PX4 thread? Some of the guys who posted there bought a clone PX4 too IIRC, that's where I got my info from.

Also, mind giving us another report on the accuracy after you cleaned the hop and barrel if you haven't done so already?tongue.gif

There's something different about the BBU compared to the original Marui I think. Maybe try asking the TM PX4 thread? Some of the guys who posted there bought a clone PX4 too IIRC, that's where I got my info from.

Also, mind giving us another report on the accuracy after you cleaned the hop and barrel if you haven't done so already?tongue.gif

Yeah, once I get the blow back unit out and find what the loading muzzle is getting hung up on.

-Ex

I have both the Marui and Clone, the blowback units are identical. The only differences are the right safety/decocker and spring. Other than those two parts, everything else is interchangeable. (The right decocker/spring can be used on the marui if you install both of them. The marui spring won't fit into the clone decocker and vise versa)

I don't know if it's just me but I had the clone magazine vent gas on a few shots, never had that happen on marui magazines. But for 19USD on redwolf, you can save quite a bit of money if you are buying several mags.

Im thinking of purchasing this piece as a back-up sidearm. Only concern is the fact that it's a Chinese clone. Experience have taught me to be very cautious with Chinese made clones which are often times of poor manufacture.

True on most but this clone is far superior in terms of quality. The finish is so good on the silver version that most people who saw it thought it was real.

True on most but this clone is far superior in terms of quality. The finish is so good on the silver version that most people who saw it thought it was real.

PanteraTigris do you have any input on the functionality of the gun? My university society is likely to buy a batch of 12 pistols in September and I'm in charge of the equipment in the society so the more information I can get the better :D

Also, the spare magazine right now is produced by another company and one of my sources told me that the spare mags don't function as well as the one that comes with the gun due to a missing o-ring. I don't know which o-ring it is so perhaps if any of you with the spare mags can disassemble one to find out? I'll also like to know the spare magazine's performance compared to the one that comes with the gun if anybody can share that kinda info.

Thanks in advance guys! :P

The Gun works perfectly, if there is a gripe for me probably the power(240 fps @.2 with green gas). But i am going to test it further with a full can to verify the power. Accuracy is great considering it is a clone. As for the mag that came with the gun, i have no problems with it. The spare mags i am using is the TM mags so no problems also.

The gun even if unloaded with hammer down will fire if a mag is inserted and the trigger is pulled. So it will fire empty but the second cycle will load the BB

Edited by PanteraTigris

The Gun works perfectly, if there is a gripe for me probably the power(240 fps @.2 with green gas). But i am going to test it further with a full can to verify the power. Accuracy is great considering it is a clone. As for the mag that came with the gun, i have no problems with it. The spare mags i am using is the TM mags so no problems also.

The gun even if unloaded with hammer down will fire if a mag is inserted and the trigger is pulled. So it will fire empty but the second cycle will load the BB

Thanks for the info :P Actually the last sentence you wrote practically applies to all GBB pistols from what I understand since all the hammer does is to hit the valve of the mag to allow gas to flow into the blow back housing assembly and it's the movement of the slide (specifically the nozzle) that pushes the bbs into the hop :D

Your FPS seems to be a bit low, and since you seem to have filled your mags with a near empty mag (my own assumption as you wrote you'll try filling with a full mag later) that should be the cause of the low fps. EHobbyAsia's video for the clone px4 seem to show the gun firing at a respectable fps level, around the same as my TM MEU if I have to guess by visual only.

If you still have fps issues peeps here with the TM PX4 suggest using the nine ball purple hop bucking to increase air seal around the nozzle and bucking, or to add a tightbore in addition to the bucking to gain further fps increase.

If you still have fps issues peeps here with the TM PX4 suggest using the nine ball purple hop bucking to increase air seal around the nozzle and bucking, or to add a tightbore in addition to the bucking to gain further fps increase.

Another modification that should aid in gas efficiency is putting shims under the rubber gas ports on the magazines. I believe a company located in the UK makes them for the Marui GBB Series. Can't remember who it was, though, I remember them posting about them on Arnies at one point.

-Ex

• 4 weeks later...

i just got these in my shop yesterday and picked one up with a couple extra mags. they are the clone mags so i guess ill pop them open and take a look. so far i like it, with the mid size back strap, the gun fits in my hand very comfortably. my favorite part is the power of the recoil spring, very strong. only problem so far is that the blowback sometimes activates the slide lock on mine.

also, were i got them (wgc shop) the orange paint scratches off very easly.